• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Replay?

• Yes

Votes: 294 56.4%
  • No

Votes: 227 43.6%

• Total voters

KingPat

Apr 29, 2019
California
Oh 100% I will definitely go through it again. Actually was thinking about going through all the uncharted games on crushing first and then go for yet another grounded playthrough and left behind aswell cuz why not and depending on the date maybe a grounded + playthrough too. Time wise I'm thinking the uncharted games would take 40-50 hrs and last of us on grounded plus left behind should be about 17ish hrs. So I have a couple fun weeks ahead of me.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
I don't own the remaster, so I'd have to replay it on my PS3 which I'm not exactly itching to do.

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
Replaying it now on grounded to get prepared. I thought my game was bugged but they expect you to play without your hud for health and ammo lol

The attention to detail in the two towers that lean into each other is so cool. Because the building is slanted and the walls slope, the water builds up in the corners of the room. There are birds that are flying through the missing panels of the drop ceiling, and exposed wires that jut out due to the decay.

Never get tired of the details. Also looks great in HDR.

I often see an animation I haven't seen before too, like Bill coming up from behind a clicker and stabbing it with a machete. And Ellie has saved me a bunch of times either with bricks or just alerting me to an enemy running up on me from behind.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
I know I'm still going to be in lockdown so I have no excuse. I have such a terrible memory so it will be good to go through it all again. And I might even try Grounded mode. I'm usually an easy mode player but TLOU is one of the few games I want to try at hardest difficulty. It makes sense because of the whole scenario. Looking forward to TLOU June.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I will probably do a easy playthrough but I am waiting to play it on PS5 instead of at launch.

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
I played through it last year so I think I'm good. Played through the game so many times getting the platinum on PS3 that I feel like I remember everything anyways.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
I don't think I want to anymore. I skipped it during my vacation in April (when it was indefinitely delayed). Now that it's coming out in June - I still need to beat LiS 2 and Division 2

XaviConcept

Art Director for Videogames
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Close ish to finishing my first playthrough, actually.

its been ... eh, definitely a "sum of its parts" experience for me. Dont like the shooting and dont like the stealth, its been a very joyless playthrough, eventhough the story, setting and performances are great.

Obviously the game has a giant fan base so Im sure Im in the minority but when I hear things like "game of the generation" I definitely feel out of place lol

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
I just finished replaying 3-4 days ago

My save was still there from 2014 on grounded.... still on that sniper part. Overwrote that shit asap. Nightmares

jakomocha

Oct 29, 2017
California
Replayed it about a month ago. Was a very different experience from my first time around considering then I was like 13 years old and now I'm 20. Still haven't played Left Behind though, I gotta get around to that.

Omar Ramzy

Banned
Oct 21, 2019
I actually bought a PS4 for it, I never played it though.
I'd love to play it before part 2 although I don't like its premise.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
It took me six years to finish the first game. I finally forced myself to do it last summer. It's so highly regarded that I assumed it would, at some point, get good but it never did it for me.

I'd only consider playing a sequel if it were a completely different game with new characters. Since it isn't, I'm going to skip it.

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Play it last month with my boyfriend :)

Will play Left Behind with him in the coming weeks before Part II

Sep 21, 2019
I did several weeks ago and got bored with moving ladders and boosting people up lol. Those parts of the game feel super antiquated.

I hope to GOD Naughty Dog has no "boost me up" stuff and board moving in this game.

Currently repaying Uncharted 4, and thr boosting stuff is just so annoying. I get it is to mask loading, so hopefully they have found better ways to do this for TLOU 2.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I played Left Behind the other day, which I have never played before, and now I'm playing the original (well, the Remastered), which I haven't played in years.

I'm having fun.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
I played it once back in 2013, and I just started it again a couple of weeks ago. I've been sitting on it since I got it as a freebie through PS+, and I've got to say that it holds up very well. It looks great running at 60fps.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I started it last week but I kinda wanna keep playing GTA5 on PC this weekend, which is really the only time I have for games that aren't Hearthstone.

I dunno. I never played Left Behind, so I might just watch a recap of the base game and then play that instead.

The Gold Hawk

Jan 30, 2019
Yorkshire
I replayed Left Behind.

I watched someone who hadn't played it before, go through it for the first time and I remembered liking it more than the main game.

Holy shit, I forgot how much more I enjoyed this. The interactivity (in the flashback scenes) was really nice and sweet, the pacing was really tight and last fight with the cannibals was really tense and fun. Switching from hunted to hunter, offensive to defensive strategies etc. I would still like a "whistle" mechanic to lure people, like tapping on the cover you're hiding behind or something (MGS style)

My favourite parts are the two mini sections where you can lure the infected and the cannibals to fight each other. It's the gameplay mechanic that I'm most looking foirward to being expanded upon in the sequel.

It's a fun mechanic and was one of my favourite things about playing Days Gone.

Tommi

Oct 29, 2017
I've played through it about 9-10 times, so I don't think it will be really necessary. I'll watch a quick recap vid to refresh my memory though.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, replay value is awful and too much downtime walking about doing nothing in what should be skipable cutscenes.

Tremorah

Dec 3, 2018
Nah, i feel like i have the game in my memory pretty well just going through it once

That ND quality

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Probably not. Have finished it 4 times already and i think i'm ready for the next chapter now.

Zolbrod

Oct 27, 2017
Osaka, Japan
Finished it on PS3 and I tried to do another playthrough not too long ago when the PS4 version was free on PS+, but couldn't get through it.
I really don't like the gameplay.

Juice

Dec 28, 2017
I replayed right at the start of the COVID pandemic. Felt weird. Not sure I'm ready for part 2 yet

Bigwombat

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I want to, but realistically I don't know if I will.

Ashley Johnson and Shannon Woodward said they're going to stream a playthrough of the game, and I'd consider just watching that, but I don't know when/if that's really going to happen.
Oh cool. I watched some of the Nolan and Troy episodes with hana hayes. I played through it last year on hard when it was on ps plus to prepare for factions cause I wanted those trophies.

I see if I can find Ashley and Shannon's playthrough

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
Going to do a Grounded run, hopefully get everyting for the platinum, and the DLC 100%, besides getting all teh new game + difficulties, which I might wait until PS5 to do, play with the Pro upgrades on PS5 since I have an OG PS4.

What am I in for on Grounded? Heard someone mention no health and weapon Hud? Oh no, don't know if that terrifies me or excites me.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
Currently doing my yearly playthrough in anticipation of the sequel. Will also be replaying Left Behind right after I'm done with the game.