• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

You got the $1200?

• Yes

Votes: 1,191 46.4%
  • No

Votes: 1,377 53.6%

• Total voters

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not yet, but yesterday irs.gov finally said that I should get my payment on May 6th. I can't imagine what I would have done if I didn't have a job. Way too long.

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
For those who got snail mail, is the envelope 'obvious'? I'm asking for my mom, she's on SS survivor benefits so we're waiting for her check, but her mailmans a moron and probably a drunk, and nobody in her neighborhood trusts him not to try to jack the checks

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
For those who got snail mail, is the envelope 'obvious'? I'm asking for my mom, she's on SS survivor benefits so we're waiting for her check, but her mailmans a moron and probably a drunk, and nobody in her neighborhood trusts him not to try to jack the checks
I checked in with my brother who got his by mail. Apparently it's readily obvious what it is, because they just put the check in the envelope with the recipients name showing through the flap.

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
My parents have gotten the notification that their payment will be deposited in the 6th. For those getting a check in the mail, does the site actually change to reflect that it was mailed? It just tells me my check is scheduled to be mailed on the 1st, which was yesterday.

fr0st

Oct 28, 2017
So I was finally able to get my direct deposit info accepted.

And now it says we have your payment date we will update this page.

For those who recently got their direct deposit info accepted, how long have you guys have to wait for the money to be deposited into your accounts?

Realmatic1

Oct 27, 2017

For those who recently got their direct deposit info accepted, how long have you guys have to wait for the money to be deposited into your accounts?

it took about a week and half after my wife and I put our direct deposit info in.We finally got a date this morning.Says May 6th expected date

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

2 weeks today. :-(.. and still nothing.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni

2 weeks.

Thankfully right in time cause I needed to pay off an entire CC which I did thanks to it lol.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I see a lot say 2 weeks. I wonder what's the maximum someone can wait for an update? I really don't want to be the one to test that question.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Mine still says Payment Status Not Available no matter what I put.

Should I just give up?

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For anyone that got paper checks, did the IRS website update from "we scheduled your check to be mailed on X date" to "we mailed it on X date" or did it just say it was scheduled the whole time?

kc44135

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
For anyone that got paper checks, did the IRS website update from "we scheduled your check to be mailed on X date" to "we mailed it on X date" or did it just say it was scheduled the whole time?
I'd really like to know this too, as I'm in the same boat. As of today, May 3rd, the site still says my check is "scheduled to be mailed May 1st". :p

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
I got mine on April 30.

I live overseas and have filed as such, but apparently the Non-Filers site worked for me (even though I file yearly) because deductions available to Americans abroad lower your adjusted gross income to below the $12,500 threshold that Non-Filers specifies.

Enthuzed

Apr 21, 2020
IRS.gov still says it doesn't have any payment status available for me, which I still can't believe because I filed my returns immediately in February and got direct deposit in two weeks.

fr0st

Oct 28, 2017
IRS.gov still says it doesn't have any payment status available for me, which I still can't believe because I filed my returns immediately in February and got direct deposit in two weeks.
For the did you get a refund/owed money part did you only input the federal part? that's what I did and it accepted it.

Enthuzed

Apr 21, 2020
I don't get past entering the SSN/DOB/Address page. I know I definitely qualify for $1200 by not making more than $75k & not a dependent. So I'm not quite sure what the hold ups are.

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
My parents apparently accidentally added me as a dependent this year so I wasn't able to file my taxes this year at all cause I kept claiming myself as dependent.

What can I do in this situation?

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
I haven't got either my stimulus check or my tax returns. Not sure if I ever will at this point lol. Everyone else I know has gotten theirs

Bessy67

Oct 29, 2017
As long as it says I'm eligible I'll get it eventually, right? I don't have direct deposit stuff on file with the IRS and I don't really want to, so I'm just waiting for it in the mail.

greekwolf

Oct 28, 2017
I'm getting a little worried. IRS site says my check was mailed May 1st. I was expecting to get mine yesterday, considering everyone else seems to be recieving their check the very next day after the site says its been mailed.

My mailbox was empty yesterday, which is REALLY unusual for a household of 4. We always get some kind of bill, statement or junk mail. I can't even remember the last time our box was completely empty. I'm gonna go ballistic if someone swiped that check.

AlexFlame116

Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Have your parents review their taxes to see if they got tax credits for claiming you. If not, then they have to file a 1040X to ammend. It must be mail in and mail taxes takes 6-8 weeks to process. After they got an answer, then you can file taxes.
I'll have to ask later but they honestly have no clue since they told me they do this every year apparently. I just found out. But for some reason I never had a problem until this year.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting a little worried. IRS site says my check was mailed May 1st. I was expecting to get mine yesterday, considering everyone else seems to be recieving their check the very next day after the site says its been mailed.

My mailbox was empty yesterday, which is REALLY unusual for a household of 4. We always get some kind of bill, statement or junk mail. I can't even remember the last time our box was completely empty. I'm gonna go ballistic if someone swiped that check.
I wouldn't worry just yet. The whole thing is a lottery. Am sure it's coming. You can also be on my boat waiting for DD deposit day for over 2 weeks and nothing.

Deleted member 35509

Account closed at user request
Banned
Dec 6, 2017
I thought paper checks were going out next week? Based on income levels.

They tried to deposit it into my old account that had been closed due to it being hacked. My bank rejected it. According to the IRS site, if it goes into a closed account and it's returned, they'll send you a paper one to your address. This sucks, I was so close. Now I play the waiting game for the paper one.

Update: got my check in the mail yesterday, finally

Rukes

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
So I added my direct deposit info on GetMyPayment back on April 17th. Still don't have a date.

Helped my parents with the site on April 28th, they just got May 6th as a date.
🤦🏻‍♂️

Qrusher14242

Oct 29, 2017
Mine had a May 1st mail date. haven't got it yet, hope it comes tomorrow. At this rate, i may get UI (which I filed for on 28th) before the check. it's just ridiculous