• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

You got the $1200?

• Yes

Votes: 1,191 46.4%
  • No

Votes: 1,377 53.6%

• Total voters

Ether

Oct 28, 2017
Had my payment via Direct Deposit, but I got a letter from the IRS with Trump's name signing a bloated letter Today. I wonder how much money these mailings with pointless letters cost us as taxpayers.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I got to the point where I could put in my bank info, but I tried putting in my 2019 tax info and it wouldn't take it. I "technically" have a refund amount on the return, but since I owed in 2018, the refund went towards what we owe. However, I don't just want to put in my 2018 info, because the amount we'd get would literally be over $1000 less than if they go by our 2019 return. Two steps forward, one step back.

After having gotten locked out and posting this on Saturday, I decided to wait until today to try again. It now just says it'll be deposited on the 30th. Cool.

Mett

Oct 29, 2017
Me and my mom both received it, SSDI for us both. Hopefully that means everyone else who was waiting to hear about it also got it.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I got Trump's letter in the mail about it today.

Threw it out and washed my hands.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Just got mine. It was supposed to be the 29th though.

Trying not to buy something dumb yet, Idk how long I can hold off

Shadownet

Oct 29, 2017
Hey, sorry I don't know where else to ask this question. But I just got an update on my Florida Unemployment Benefits saying that I'm not eligible because I didn't work two quarters last year and did not make at least $3,400. I started at a job in September 2019 through January 2020. So from from July/August/September 2019 I only made $2000.

Is there anything I can do to appeal this decision?

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
My status finally got updated saying that I'm eligible for the payment, and it has my direct deposit information. No date for when to expect it though.

Oct 27, 2017
After weeks of stating payment status not available, I decided to log back in today and see if anything had changed. Much to my surprise, my status now stated I was eligible for payment. I guess they didn't have my direct deposit information, so I entered that. After entering my bank information, it then said my payment will be deposited into my bank account. It didn't state when, though, but at least it looks like it's coming now, hopefully.

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
After weeks of stating payment status not available, I decided to log back in today and see if anything had changed. Much to my surprise, my status now stated I was eligible for payment. I guess they didn't have my direct deposit information, so I entered that. After entering my bank information, it then said my payment will be deposited into my bank account. It didn't state when, though, but at least it looks like it's coming now, hopefully.
I been in the same place for almost 2 weeks now. :-/
Not sure how long it takes.

pewpewtora

Nov 23, 2017
Connecticut
So, it turns out that because I check the box that says "can be claimed as dependent" it made me ineligible. I mailed out my amended return today so fingers crossed that I don't have to wait too long to receive my stimulus check. The good news is that I got my extra $600 in unemployment this today, with more coming in the coming weeks, so I'm not super mad like I was before.

TheTyrantShow

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 23, 2020
This piece of shit

KKrYL8P.jpg

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
I just got the letter notifying me of the Direct Deposit that I received almost three weeks ago.

Wasn't a second stimulus check passed?

schuelma

Oct 24, 2017
After getting the status not available since day 1, two days ago I was finally able to enter my bank info and got direct deposit confirmed (2018 filer, owed money).

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
how did you get past the error message "status not available". I've been trying for a week now to get in too add my Dad's direct deposit information so he can get his check but it keeps kicking me out with the same error message.

I don't know, I saw some people post on Reddit in a similar situation suddenly having it work overnight, maybe it was site maintenance.

old.reddit.com

stimuluscheck • r/stimuluscheck

Everything about the government’s COVID relief bills

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
We already received the payment through direct deposit; we just got fuckface's letter in the mail today (we moved since filing so the IRS letter got routed from our old address). We also got news that my wife's unemployment finally went through, five weeks after submitting her initial claim (and filing weekly). So that's a big plus. We had a couple months worth of savings, but we definitely would have been struggling if she can't work and the unemployment never showed up.

OmniGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Fi-nal-ly! Got my deposit alert from Chase at 1:46am....now I can finally change my vote to yes.

So wasteful to still have to receive that fool's chicken scratched paper letter

Anyway, thanks to everyone that shared info to compare notes during this stressful and confusing process! Hope everyone gets their stimulus asap

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got the update. My check is being mailed to me on May 4.

A little tip if you filed in 2019 or 2018 and the Get My Payment website still won't work for you: Make sure you put in your address exactly how you put it on your tax returns. If you live in an apartment, put it exactly how you put your apartment number on your returns. For example, I put mine as Apt 1 on my tax return.

Don't put a comma. For example, if you normally write down your address as:

1345 Hollylane Place, Apt 1

Use this instead:
1345 HOLLYLANE PL APT 1

Not sure about the capitalization but I tried it for good measure at the same time as the above and it worked. Didn't get a chance to try a second time.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
I've essentially got it... I can now see the $1200 deposit pending in the NFCU app, should be mine to spend tomorrow.

And by spend, I mean pay off credit cards. I'm a goddamn time traveler who was diligently stimulating the economy in advance of this whole pandemic.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
once the site started working for me I put in my direct deposit info, but apparently they're sending me a paper check anyway

what was the POINT