• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

You got the $1200?

• Yes

Votes: 1,191 46.4%
  • No

Votes: 1,377 53.6%

• Total voters

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
I was able to input mine on the first day and they were like thanks! Then the next two days it gave me errors and since has said it would go out today.

Both under 75k which was why I am receiving a check.
Sorry, the reason I'm asking is because the physical checks get sent out weekly in relation to your income. Last week 10k-20k, this week, 20-30, etc etc.

So you should be able to figure out an estimate from that.

Hope it helps

elLOaSTy

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry, the reason I'm asking is because the physical checks get sent out weekly in relation to your income. Last week 10k-20k, this week, 20-30, etc etc.

So you should be able to figure out an estimate from that.

Hope it helps

Ah I see, well I am still woking right now anyway so I am not in need as many others are, which is why Im spending it all on freelancers. I'm just annoyed but not surprised at how poor the system is, I have had DD for the last several years and had to input it on the site, got a go ahead and then they still screwed it up.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Ah I see, well I am still woking right now anyway so I am not in need as many others are, which is why Im spending it all on freelancers. I'm just annoyed but not surprised at how poor the system is, I have had DD for the last several years and had to input it on the site, got a go ahead and then they still screwed it up.
Join the club.

At this point I think just never using the site and inputting info was probably the better method, honestly. I feel like inputting info is just delaying things but I can't be sure. It's so fucked.

pewpewtora

Nov 23, 2017
Connecticut
it still says status unavailable, i filed taxes for 2018 and 2019 via turbotax, so at this point I think i have to wait for a paper check for next week. this is such a shit show.
and no, i don't owe anything.

gryvan

Brooklyn Rage
Oct 25, 2017
I've gotten my paper check by mail today. I asked my CPA to add my refund payment via direct deposit but I guess that was kinda late. But regardless I'm glad I got the money

penguindrum

Feb 10, 2019
I think Monday last week I put in my information as a non-filer. I wasn't sure if I was eligible or not. Today the check my payment message went from status not available to telling me that I'm eligible. It just shows the last three digits of the account it will be direct deposited to, and says that the page will be updated when there's a date.

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
I was able to actually get something other than Payment Status Unavailable, today. Was able to put in my bank account information. After all of that, I checked again, and it said it will be deposited in said account. Didn't give a date though.

But big progress.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think Monday last week I put in my information as a non-filer. I wasn't sure if I was eligible or not. Today the check my payment message went from status not available to telling me that I'm eligible. It just shows the last three digits of the account it will be direct deposited to, and says that the page will be updated when there's a date.

Same thing, so know knows when it's gonna go through.

Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017
Finally arrived today, actual paper check. Don't know what the point of providing the direct deposit info was, but I'm not gonna look this gift horse in the mouth too carefully.

Sep 14, 2019
Question when using the IRS site.

Is a couple who file jointly supposed to input their info individually on the site? Or will the IRS require only one of them to submit their info?

They both qualify, but when inputting info, there's no selection to let them know the gross income is for joint filing, not just one of them.

Their FAQ doesn't answer that...

Last edited:

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
FINALLY was able to enter my bank account info, after weeks of "status not available" or whatever. Should see the money soon hopefully.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still in "will be deposited in account, no date given" status. Meh.

Said it would be mailed today, mail has come and gone and not a thing. Does it mean they mailed it today and I'll receive it sometime next week or something? And wtf do I do if the post office puts it in the wrong box? Just fucked huh?

This shit is beyond dumb and tiring.
Mailed today literally means they sent it out today. You still have to wait till maybe next week to get it.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Question when using the IRS site.

Is a couple who file jointly supposed to input their info individually on the site? Or will the IRS require only one of them to submit their info?

They both qualify, but when inputting info, there's no selection to let them know the gross income is for joint filing, not just one of them.

Their FAQ doesn't answer that...

In my experience only one person from the joint filed

You can then check status with either person

Still waiting for my check/deposit...

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My parents on SSI still haven't gotten anything, and the site is still giving not available status. Sigh.........

Supposedly SSI stuff won't be till early May, but there's a lot of people on Social Security (myself included) that haven't gotten anything and I'm still not getting an update on the website (still generic error message)...

This whole thing is really depressing me.

Hazard71

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
SSDI and still nothing. Have direct express card that my SSDI is always deposited on. Starting to feel like I will never get it.

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
Supposedly SSI stuff won't be till early May, but there's a lot of people on Social Security (myself included) that haven't gotten anything and I'm still not getting an update on the website (still generic error message)...

This whole thing is really depressing me.
Yeah, every time I ask I always hear it's next week don't worry and weeks later still up in the air and who knows

Doogdogg

Oct 27, 2017
My parents gets SS retirement, today finally it gave them a payment eligibility update. But they did file a 2018 return during previous tax season.

Oct 25, 2017
I finally was able to get past 'status not available' today and enter my info.

My last filing was a very late extension (like October 14 lol) filing for 2018 fwiw.

Rapscallion

Oct 25, 2017
Was finally able to get past the status unavailable message, but the bank information page says my information does not match with what they have on file even though I'm putting in everything 100% like on my tax return.

Now the sites not working for me. Fuck everything.

mupepe

Banned
Sep 27, 2019
I was also finally promoted from the status not available or whatever today too. Put in my DD info.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Still showing "eligible" but with no payment date yet again. I'm guessing we can make it for a 3rd week.

Kei-

Mar 1, 2018
Finally got past the payment status not available and was able to update with my account information after confirming the info on my 2018 taxes. Now it says the page will update with a date for my deposit once it's set. Hopefully by the end of next week.

F34R

Oct 27, 2017
checking "where's my payment" on the .gov site finally said we're eligible and it allowed me to put in my bank info, even though it was already used for filing taxes ever year since 1997 lol. Anyways.. my wife and I should be getting a deposit soon. I need to get my daughters info done tomorrow and they'll be able to get a little money.

Kei-

Mar 1, 2018
For some reason I can't access the site tonight

Not sure why they removed it, bu there was a message saying the site would be down for maintenance for the next couple of days during certain times. Sorry for the vague description, but I can't remember and figured the message would've remained on there...

atomsk

Oct 28, 2017
was finally able to add in my bank information (had to use 2018 tax info, cause I filed a paper return April 1st so you know it's sitting in a pile somewhere)

entirely possible the check might get here first, but hey if the actually manage to do a second stimulus (doubtful), they've got my info now.

Shedinja

Nov 30, 2017
lmao I'm locked out again. It accepted my 2018 info, but in 2018 I didn't owe anything or receive a refund, and the Get My Payment page will not accept $0 as an input when I try to put in my direct deposit information.

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
lmao I'm locked out again. It accepted my 2018 info, but in 2018 I didn't owe anything or receive a refund, and the Get My Payment page will not accept $0 as an input when I try to put in my direct deposit information.

Thats my moms situation -- she didn't owe or have a refund but it makes you choose one or the other, and both lead to errors (this doesn't match our data etc). Oh well, she's fine at the moment but really bugging me about her trumpbux cause all her buddies got theirs.

GundamBacon

Dec 6, 2017
Thats my moms situation -- she didn't owe or have a refund but it makes you choose one or the other, and both lead to errors (this doesn't match our data etc). Oh well, she's fine at the moment but really bugging me about her trumpbux cause all her buddies got theirs.

I've been getting the "payment status not available" message ever since the site launched, until today when it allowed me to enter my direct deposit info.
I'm pretty sure I picked 'I owed money' & entered "0" as the amount. Surprisingly, that worked.

Not sure if you've tried today, but maybe trying that will work now.

Shedinja

Nov 30, 2017
I've been getting the "payment status not available" message ever since the site launched, until today when it allowed me to enter my direct deposit info.
I'm pretty sure I picked 'I owed money' & entered "0" as the amount. Surprisingly, that worked.

Not sure if you've tried today, but maybe trying that will work now.
Interesting. I did that, and it didn't work for me. I guess that means something else caused the error. Maybe it was the AGI...

As frustrating as this process has been, I'm glad to finally see some progress. Hoping for the best for everyone else in the same boat.

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I got to the point where I could put in my bank info, but I tried putting in my 2019 tax info and it wouldn't take it. I "technically" have a refund amount on the return, but since I owed in 2018, the refund went towards what we owe. However, I don't just want to put in my 2018 info, because the amount we'd get would literally be over $1000 less than if they go by our 2019 return. Two steps forward, one step back.