• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

You got the $1200?

• Yes

Votes: 1,191 46.4%
  • No

Votes: 1,377 53.6%

• Total voters

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This corona shit sucks ass but not gonna lie... It has helped me out financially. I got a solid tax return that was just under one paychecks worth of money.

Got my Corona check.

My job is in no danger, in fact, I got an extra $300 something (they paid us an extra 2 an hour as a thank you) in my last paycheck.

Being stuck at home means we aren't spending money on going out and such.

May is a 3 paycheck month.

Got one credit card paid off this month. Can probably get the other 2 down to zero too.

It's kind of stupid I got a corona check when there's people still waiting for unemployment insurance.

plagiarize

Eating crackers
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
This corona shit sucks ass but not gonna lie... It has helped me out financially. I got a solid tax return that was just under one paychecks worth of money.

Got my Corona check.

My job is in no danger, in fact, I got an extra $300 something (they paid us an extra 2 an hour as a thank you) in my last paycheck.

Being stuck at home means we aren't spending money on going out and such.

May is a 3 paycheck month.

Got one credit card paid off this month. Can probably get the other 2 down to zero too.

It's kind of stupid I got a corona check when there's people still waiting for unemployment insurance.
It's hardly the same as being unemployed, but anyone putting that money towards debt or bills shouldn't feel shame about it.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Still saying Payment Status Not Available for us.. I do wonder when we can complain. I think I read they're going to send out payments until as late as June or July.. but like wtf man. At least fix the site to just say I'm in the queue!

Tawpgun

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's hardly the same as being unemployed, but anyone putting that money towards debt or bills shouldn't feel shame about it.
I know it would be hard to verify everything which is why it was a blanket relief package. It just feels unfair I've been doing literally better than pre-corona and I got a check meanwhile I got friends who made enough money not to qualify for their check, but got laid off and haven't recieved unemployment yet. Or the poorer friends who got their measly 1200 but also haven't gotten unemployment yet.

The US response to this has been so bad. Propping up the top of the economy instead of its foundations, the people.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
So wait, should everyone that is waiting on direct deposit have received their money by now? I don't have anything yet…. and website is broken.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
I know it would be hard to verify everything which is why it was a blanket relief package. It just feels unfair I've been doing literally better than pre-corona and I got a check meanwhile I got friends who made enough money not to qualify for their check, but got laid off and haven't recieved unemployment yet. Or the poorer friends who got their measly 1200 but also haven't gotten unemployment yet.

The US response to this has been so bad. Propping up the top of the economy instead of its foundations, the people.
To a lot of people in charge unfortunately the economy is the foundation as it's allowed them to flourish while everyone else suffers

Mett

Oct 29, 2017
Still nothing here on, SSDI. Just an email from the bank saying those are early may. Went from late april to now early may. What a fuck up.

whiteninja

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Payment Status Not Available
I did the non-filers form back on the 14th. Has anyone that did non-filers got anything yet (deposit or update)?

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
This was the exact wording:

"SSI recipients will receive their automatic Economic Impact Payments directly from the Treasury Department. Treasury anticipates these automatic payments will go out no later than early May. "

SSI and SSDI aren't the same thing, though. And they only semi-recently determined that SSI wouldn't have to take any extra actions to get the payment. It's very possible that SSI will get theirs in a later wave than SSDI.

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
SSI and SSDI aren't the same thing, though. And they only semi-recently determined that SSI wouldn't have to take any extra actions to get the payment. It's very possible that SSI will get theirs in a later wave than SSDI.
This is likely to happen. I'm sticking to my guns that it's coming at the very end of the month when social security people normal get their normal monthly payments

piratepwnsninja

Lead Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Sully

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I missed the first wave of direct deposit last week, I fixed it on the IRS site but if they are now doing paper check I'm going to have to wait a couple of months...

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, same here. It normally shows up around 4-5AM EST in my bank account, so I'm gonna give it a bit longer, but man...

Mine always shows up at midnight EST, but yeah, I suppose I can give it another hour and a half or so. Still, I figure if we were getting it this week, I'd have seen someone on Twitter/Reddit/etc. who's on SSDI say they got it. But I haven't.

Shadownet

Oct 29, 2017
I'm in FL, I filed my 2019 tax return around April 5th, did not file my 2018 since I did not work, only attended school. I just received a notification from my bank that the tax refund should be deposited within the next couple of days. I have not received the $1200 yet, even though the IRS should have my updated direct deposit now since they processed my tax refund.

Is anyone else in the same boat? Got your 2019 tax refund but not the stimulus check?

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Another day, another Payment Status Not Available

Also looking at the payment schedule posted on that website, I wonder if that's based on gross income or net income. Since I run a small business that makes a pretty big difference on whether I receive it a month sooner or not.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't Munchin talk down reporters saying that the IRS said many checks/payments might not get delivered until June or later?

Where's that asshat now?

Somnia

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone get their money yet who had to input their direct deposit info? I figured that would move fast, but guess not.

Oct 27, 2017
Might want to read the article, unless you are bragging you make almost $200k a year.
I'm laughing cause it's ridiculous that they expect people to wait till September for that pitiful excuse for economic relief. I haven't received mine cause of the bullshit restrictions they've placed on college students and dependents.

ShinJohnpv

Oct 25, 2017
Still nothing, and I'm going to assume its going to be weeks if not months because they said we didn't need to give them our bank info if we paid taxes and then after the first wave they said we did.

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
I signed up for Direct Deposit last week. But does that mean I'm still on the paper check schedule?

Or do I have a different schedule altogether?

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm in FL, I filed my 2019 tax return around April 5th, did not file my 2018 since I did not work, only attended school. I just received a notification from my bank that the tax refund should be deposited within the next couple of days. I have not received the $1200 yet, even though the IRS should have my updated direct deposit now since they processed my tax refund.

Is anyone else in the same boat? Got your 2019 tax refund but not the stimulus check?

Yep. I got my 2019 refunds months ago into my DD. I still haven't gotten my Stimulus.

brotherbean

Oct 26, 2017
After a week of no useful updates (payment status unknown, unable to verify my info) our stimulus was finally deposited this morning. I don't know how or why we were delayed - it sounds like several potential reasons, for us the most likely is an April filing for 2019 - but I hope others who are in the same boat will also get a positive update soon.

Darknyss

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone get their money yet who had to input their direct deposit info? I figured that would move fast, but guess not.
Nope, nothing yet. We owed taxes in 2018 and 2019.

I entered my bank info on the site the first day and it still says the same message:

irs.gov said:
Payment Status

You are eligible for the payment. Once we have your payment date, we will update this page.

We will deposit your payment to the bank account below.

Bank Account Number: ****************

Updates to your payment are made no more than once a day. We will mail you a letter with additional information on this payment.

If you need additional help or do not receive your payment, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.