• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

You got the $1200?

• Yes

Votes: 1,191 46.4%
  • No

Votes: 1,377 53.6%

• Total voters

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
man I need to verify my identity for some reason to get my refund processed but literally every option to do so is fucked.

The IRS are basically unreachable.

Inki

Oct 30, 2017
I wish they'd set up a site to check your status like the IRS refund page.
They do, but it's not "open" until 4/17. I also couldn't actually FIND the portal. Below is a portion of an article talking about but I've also heard several news networks mention the 4/17 date for the portal.

From Article "If you would like to set up direct deposit to receive your payment directly to your bank account, the IRS will have an online tracker portal you can use to set up and track electronic payments by April 17."

Doogdogg

Oct 27, 2017
They do, but it's not "open" until 4/17. I also couldn't actually FIND the portal. Below is a portion of an article talking about but I've also heard several news networks mention the 4/17 date for the portal.

From Article "If you would like to set up direct deposit to receive your payment directly to your bank account, the IRS will have an online tracker portal you can use to set up and track electronic payments by April 17."
thanks!

super-famicom

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I filed taxes last year and am currently in the process of filing this year's (going to mail my forms today). However I'm currently a full time college student and my wife is working; we file married filing jointly. Do we still qualify for this? Or I get $0 because I'm a student?

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
I filed taxes last year and am currently in the process of filing this year's (going to mail my forms today). However I'm currently a full time college student and my wife is working; we file married filing jointly. Do we still qualify for this? Or I get $0 because I'm a student?
You'd only get zero if someone claimed you as a dependent. You're good.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Whew that's a relief! I see people posting "I'm a student so I get $0" pretty often, so that got me worried.

Yeah, people should really stop saying that. The only reasons someone wouldn't qualify are:

Taxpayers likely won't qualify for an Economic Impact Payment if any of the following apply:
  • Your adjusted gross income is greater than
    • $99,000 if your filing status was single or married filing separately
    • $136,500 for head of household
    • $198,000 if your filing status was married filing jointly
  • You can be claimed as a dependent on someone else's return. For example, this would include a child, student or older dependent who can be claimed on a parent's return.
  • You do not have a valid Social Security number.
  • You are a nonresident alien.
  • You filed Form 1040-NR or Form 1040NR-EZ, Form 1040-PR or Form 1040-SS for 2019.

Vestal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa FL
Just showed up on my bank account along with my wifes. We both use Chime(file separately)

Br3wnor

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do people who are getting their checks mind saying what bank they use? Or at least if it's a national chain or a local shop, (if you're worried about sharing the info)

Larry Butz

Oct 27, 2017
California
Using a credit union and got it today. When I did my taxes, I did direct deposit with state refund going to my checkings and federal going to my savings. It went into my savings.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
As I initially thought, I may be totally fucked with this whole deal. I haven't submitted a return in six years because I've made no income in that time. However, the online return I just completed earlier has been rejected, saying that my submission requires an IP Pin. Because I've not filed taxes in six years, I have no assigned IP Pin. Instead, the IRS site says I need to request one online through their form. Clicking through the designated link, it says that you need to either login to the IRS site with your user/pass, or to create an account.

However, the IRS only allows you to create an account based on the information provided on your last return, including that name and address. Both my name and address have changed in the six years since my last return, so I can't create an account. And without an account, I'm unable to obtain an IP Pin so that I can resubmit my return. The IRS site indicates to call them in the event of a name/address change since the last submitted return, but because of the pandemic, of course, they're not accepting phone calls.

I honestly can't remember the last time I was wrong about getting fucked over regarding something. I've learned far, far too many harsh lessons in my life so far to ever again be able to hold out hope for a positive outcome with anything.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wells Fargo is my bank, still nothing. Though I'm figuring it won't until really early Wednesday morning.

OP
OP
golguin

golguin

Oct 29, 2017