• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Well, have you?

• Yes

Votes: 1,121 72.0%
  • No

Votes: 395 25.4%
  • My body is a temple, I don't eat trash anyway

Votes: 40 2.6%

• Total voters

sonder

Banned
Mar 18, 2020
I haven't much myself but mostly due to keeping costs down.

If anyone is in the Boston area, boston.gov has a spreadsheet of local restaurants with info on how to order, what they're doing, etc.

www.boston.gov

COVID-19: Resources for businesses

Update: Our weekly Small Business Call will reconvene after the holidays on Tuesday, January 11, 2022. In the meantime, we will hold informational session webinars regarding the B Together vaccination requirement.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. We only rarely ordered pizza before all this and couldn't go out much anyway because of our 19 month old son. So we aren't really substituting dining out for ordering. Just carrying on with eating at home.

Oct 26, 2017
I still do, but maybe not as much as I used to due to the virus effecting my job hours.

Still love getting a good pizza! 'Gonna get one today, probably.

May 24, 2019
The only food outlets allowed to operate here in New Zealand for the past week and a half have been supermarkets, so not recently, but the day before the lockdown I used Uber Eats for the first time for some Nandos chicken + rice and corn on the cob.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
I have been but realizing that I'm living in a massive hotspot has limited how much I will order and it will only be food i can reheat going forward.

dep9000

Banned
Mar 31, 2020
Yep. We just moved across the country so we don't have any food in the house and it's really hard to get whole foods delivery and other grocery stores are out of a lot of food items. So we've been forced to do takeout quite a bit. Better to do that than venture into a grocery store. no thanks

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Delivery? No. We did order Chinese takeout last weekend though. They were letting in 1 customer at a time to pick up...makes sense.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
A lot of the high end places in the Bost9n/Cambridge area have started doing delivery. I can order charcuterie and ramen and a tomahawk steak if I wanted

Instead I keep ordering buffalo chicken pizza when I'm by myself

Girlfriend and I ordering from random Chinese places since our favorite sichuanese place shut down for Corona. Nobody does string beans and mapo tofu like they do though 😢

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
I don't eat a huge amount of takeaway food, but we did order a pizza last Friday. Apparently along with everyone else in the neighbourhood as it took almost 2 hours to arrive. :p

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
I have not. Only reason mostly is because I'm trying to save money a bit. I can do a weeks worth of groceries for what one takeout meal costs usually.

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
I'm craving stuff, but no. Trying to decrease the need to go/order out as well as save money since my wife is out of a job.

hombremalo

Oct 26, 2017
This thread is blowing my mind, ordering put you and the person delivering life it in danger.

They might be asyntomatic and keep working without knowing.

Helping local business is great but not at the cost of risking your lives.

Is government who have to take economic measures to help bussines, nobody of a non essential occupation should be working other than from home.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This thread is blowing my mind, ordering put you and the person delivering life it in danger.

Is government who have to take economic measures to help bussines, nobody of a non essential occupation should be working other than from home.

The virus isn't foodborne, as long as you put the food onto your own plates/containers and wash your hands the risk is pretty minimal.

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
Will do it again tomorrow. We do have "conactless" delivery now tho, if you pay online.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019

Would you rather have one person setting food at your doorstep during an airborne virus pandemic, or would you rather share the same breathing air as several dozen people in a grocery store?

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah we do a Seamless order once a week still. Most places are closed, but a few are still open. Seamless offers a contact-less delivery so they just leave it at your door and call you. We usually tip more than we have been as well. We unbox all the food onto our own plates and wash our hands. We don't leave the house anymore so the chances of spreading it to others is nothing and we're only putting outself at risk, then again we risk getting it from getting groceries and mail delivery as well so what can ya do.

hiro_x

Nov 2, 2017
My family has, like twice a week for the last 4 weeks. We have been on total lockdown except for essentials. Essentials include delivery services for groceries and food, we felt that we are doing a good thing to stimulate the economy even with the lockdown.

fade

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Would you rather have one person setting food at your doorstep during an airborne virus pandemic, or would you rather share the same breathing air as several dozen people in a grocery store?

That's not the only person that handled the food. Someones cooks, someone packages and hands to driver at minimum. On top of that in this country most of those "essential workers" are paid minimum wage, living paycheck to paycheck and don't even have paid sick leave. A missed day would be devastating. You go "share air" at minimum every 2 weeks at the grocery store? Unless you are ordering food everyday which is even more wheel spins then you are also going to the grocery store on top of ordering food.

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
Yeah, I have 3 or 4 times now. We might do it a little more often because we're both still employed (wfh) and can afford to eat out more often to support the restaurants.
I know "support local" is a big deal, and we're eating local about 50% of the time, but still support like your Olive Gardens and stuff because those places still have local people working at them or are local franchises, so there are real people working there and they could close down without patronage.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
We have ordered once from a local restaurant.

curbside pickup, no tip

Buttons

Oct 31, 2017
I have always cooked regularly for myself but I also try to order at least once a week to support the little restaurants that I love. :)

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
That's not the only person that handled the food. Someones cooks, someone packages and hands to driver at minimum. On top of that in this country most of those "essential workers" are paid minimum wage, living paycheck to paycheck and don't even have paid sick leave. A missed day would be devastating. You go "share air" at minimum every 2 weeks at the grocery store? Unless you are ordering food everyday which is even more wheel spins then you are also going to the grocery store on top of ordering food.
I can move the takeout food to my own plates and bowls and wash my hands prior to eating. Curbside / delivery is exponentially safer than walking into a grocery store. It's a near impossibility to keep a six feet gap with every person in the store. It's a closed environment where the virus takes less time to fall to the ground through breathing, talking, or coughing. You're worried about a chef and a driver touching a container? How about a dozen people touching and putting back a bag of bread?

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I have 3 or 4 times now. We might do it a little more often because we're both still employed (wfh) and can afford to eat out more often to support the restaurants.
I know "support local" is a big deal, and we're eating local about 50% of the time, but still support like your Olive Gardens and stuff because those places still have local people working at them or are local franchises, so there are real people working there and they could close down without patronage.

On the other hand, it's Olive Garden.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
LOL this thread.

Yeah, I've gotten Pizza a couple times, Chinese a couple times. As Amazon Fresh and postmates gets increasingly bogged down, I can imagine that delivery is going to be increasingly viewed as a lot of people's only option.

PontyfaxJr

Oct 28, 2017
Ireland
Most of the take away restaurants around me have closed during the pandemic, pretty much all there is to order now is Dominos which I don't like very much.

I really hope once the pandemic blows over they will be able to afford to reopen

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
I ordered a pizza last Friday. Worked out great:

1. Contactless delivery, the pizza was waiting for me in my apartment lobby
2. Took the box back upstairs, opened the box, washed my hands immediately.
3. Took pizza out of box and placed onto baking sheets, which I put in the oven at 350 for about 5 mins.
4. Threw pizza box out, washed hands again.
5. Took out pizza from oven
6. Enjoy

I'm 95% sure what I did was overkill and not necessary but I really did it just for my peace of mind.

Oct 27, 2017

3. Took pizza out of box and placed onto baking sheets, which I put in the oven at 350 for about 5 mins.
6. Enjoy

I'm 95% sure what I did was overkill and not necessary but I really did it just for my peace of mind.

Basically been following a similar pattern with washing hands when handling takeout. But drive-thru, pickup, etc. have all been fine. Already had our favorite Chinese place close down temporarily (hopefully?), but we've made it a point to order from our favorite places. Unfortunately they all tell us the same thing: business is way way down. On one hand, it's good that people are staying home and staying in. On the other hand, these places need help.

Deleted member 388

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

6. Enjoy

This is probably what I would do if I got food delivery.

So far been doing Amazon Fresh and contactless booze delivery. Lysol wiping bottles and packaging.

Oct 26, 2017

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
Delivery? I work every day so I have to eat at my company's cafeteria or a restaurant ;(

eggs

Oct 25, 2017
I am privileged enough to still be working at this time, so I've been ordering takeout fairly regularly from the local businesses in my neighborhood. Sometimes they attach thank you notes and little presents to the order, which is nice.

But lately I've noticed that more and more restaurants are closing down and not doing takeout at all anymore :'(

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I have not, I'm in a high risk category and I'm already sick with a cold or something that's been going on for a week. I'm doing my best to keep my home a secure area!