• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Well, have you?

• Yes

Votes: 1,121 72.0%
  • No

Votes: 395 25.4%
  • My body is a temple, I don't eat trash anyway

Votes: 40 2.6%

• Total voters

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Just askin' for a friend.

By ordering food, I mean delivery like pizza places etc. Not groceries to your doorstep.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Not ordering food has saved me money forcing me to cook more often and I'm eating healthier anyways. Didn't want to risk contact.

Failburger

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
When they announced lay offs I stress ate a pizza waiting for the email saying whether or not I have a job

OP
OP
TaterTots

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I ordered pizza tonight. It was weird. The lady had the pizza on my doorstep and was standing nearly out in the parking lot to make sure I got it. I ate a piece and immediately after had a, "what have I done" moment.

I started thinking about how the workers could be sick and coughing on everything. Then again, we have to go to grocery stores and I'm sure people cough on shit there. I'm stressin out.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
We are trying to order from places in our community that are at risk pretty frequently.

I ordered pizza tonight. It was weird. The lady had the pizza on my doorstep and was standing nearly out in the parking lot to make sure I got it. I ate a piece and immediately after had a, "what have I done" moment.

what. I don't understand

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Nope

I never do delivery even before the pandemic.

I always would do pick up but once in a blue moon.

But its easy for me to stay away since most of the food I eat is non-processed/home made. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I feel more compelled than ever to support the little indian place that makes the kickass shahi paneer

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Ironically, the pizza place I like here doesn't deliver. But everything else does via DoorDash, Uber Eats, Grub Hub, etc.

There's also a legit Chinese food service called Next Dish that we use pretty often.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Yes but I was doing it too much and was racking up too much in expenses so I've stopped

Anaron

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lol at those saying it's too risky when grocery infection shopping is right there

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
Nahh. With me and the wife at home, we enjoy trying new recipes like making pizza etc on our cheat day instead.

maigret

Jun 28, 2018
I've done carry out orders twice so far this week. On the one hand I want to try to support the local businesses to the extent that I can but I also do worry about the very real risk of infecting others or getting myself infected unnecessarily. The other thing is I'm tired of eating bagels and oatmeal all the time at home, lol.

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
Once. Did curbside pickup. Honestly was stressful. Won't do again

I have since been buying giftcards from a few of my local faves. Hopefully they survive so I can use them when this slows down

Oct 28, 2017
Been staying away from fast-foody chain stuff (seems less safe...), but there are plenty of great restaurants in my town that are doing curbside pickup and could use the support since the shutdown. So like once a week.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
im buying from my favorite local sandwich shop when im at work

as long as they're open, i'll keep buying

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
Couple times. Local restaurants are having a tough time right now, so it seems good to keep giving them some business.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
No. Most of the stuff being sold is unhealthy food, and I'm not risking getting infected from a delivery worker. Also, I got a lot of stuff I can cook at home anyway.

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. Trying to support our local places. We are saving a ton of money in other ways in this pandemic seems like the right and tasty thing to do. Couple times a week nothing crazy.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Since I'm still working back to back 12 hour night shifts, yes — it's really hard to find time for food prep when going from one 12 hour shift to the next.

Everything I've ordered so far has been curbside pickup on my way to work, and it's been very eerie. I am very often the only customer showing up during the time I go.

Futureman

Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if some restaurants are doing pretty good right now. In particular pizza places seem very safe. My friend always goes to the same shop and they said it's gotten busier lately.

Neutra

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
yeah, trying to support the local shops. had a great cauliflower shawarma for lunch today. plus they all deliver alcohol now.