• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Epinephrine

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
Not a single one. I really loved both God Of War and Spider-Man on PS4, loved the shit out of them. But once I complete that story, I'm OUT. I don't want to go grind away at some stuff that won't impact the outcome.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I only do platinum for games I really love playing and can't put down.

I don't care for achievements otherwise.

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think I have 4 or 5? Rocket League, Horizon Zero Dawn, Bloodborne, DS3, and...?

I'm currently 1 trophy away from MK11 and 3 away from GoW.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, Spider-Man PS4, and I was pretty amazed by that. I knew I had a lot of fun with the game, but when the platinum trophy notice casually popped up on screen I was super surprised, because I hadn't even tried to get it, unlike in other games where I always ultimately failed. I think this speaks most of all for the quality and the great fun this game provides.

Golden

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018
It is not something that I value, if I have any plats it will be by accident.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
I was joking about this recently when I finally got my very first platin trophy ever in A Way Out! :D Good to see I'm not the only one involved. I do like to get trophies and achievements in games I enjoy, but I'd never replay them or spend ten hours for one trophy or something. That being said, I'm very close to platinum with Bloodborne and The Witcher 3 and maybe some indies.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I've got a few, maybe 8 or 9?? but could be 6 I don't know without loading up my PS4, but I like getting them for games I really like. And if they are not too hard to get. I'm not grinding MP for any for instance. Nier Automata was great - get to the end and you can buy the rest to get the Plat lol which I did. Had my favourite run couple of years ago when I got 3 of them back to back. Persona 5, Nier Automata and Horizon Zero Dawn. That is a one time deal for me though. I don't go out of my way but if I really like a game I will have a look to see if it's worth.

Moves

Oct 27, 2017
As long as free time and enjoyment of the game line up I will make an effort. It's been awhile though, last platinum I actively went for and obtained was Sekiro.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
Even though I've put hundreds of hours into some games this gen, even single player games like Bloodborne or Horizon Zero Dawn, I don't have a single platinum, I just don't bother with the collectable stuff. If there's a cool new armour set or unique weapon, and by weapon I mean it plays/looks/animates different, like a rifle that does 2x more damage etc, but is still a rifle and shoots the same I don't care, but yeah unique playing stuff and cosmetic stuff that I like the look of then I'll go and do those collectable stuff if that's needed to unlock it.
Otherwise I don't really bother, just have no reason to do that kind of stuff.

deadfolk

Oct 25, 2017
Two, I think. Both visual novels where you get them just for seeing every ending. They don't motivate me in the slightest.

mxbison

Banned
Jan 14, 2019
I have three

Uncharted 2 - I loved the game and it was fun to get the platinum
Tekken 7 - you pretty much get the platinum just by playing
Spider-Man - I didn't have anything better to do

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I play a lot of games and the only one I got a platinum for was Horizon Zero Dawn. But only because I loved the game and had so much fun playing it that time flew by. By the time I was personally done with it (around the 45h mark) I was only missing one trophy. Looked online for where to find it and finished it.
I generally forget about trophies and never play for them

Peek-a-boo!

Oct 30, 2017
Woodbridge
Just these seven games:

God of War
Gravity Rush 2 (the last trophy was a bit of a pain...)
Horizon Zero Dawn
Journey
Ratchet & Clank
Shadow of the Colossus
Spider-Man (surprisingly enjoyable, actually!)

I'm not a fan of the 'Crushing' difficulty nor those numerous collectibles in the Uncharted games, and whilst I happily completed Bloodborne, the Chalice Dungeon was simultaneously too dull and too difficult to see through to the end.

Oh, and Everybody's Golf is proper fuckin' tough to platinum! Props to anybody who got that one ... 🏆

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
Never have. Closest I've gotten to getting all of the achievements/trophies in a game is with the original Borderlands on 360, but I never actually got them all. It takes too much time and effort, and is ultimately something I don't actually care about in the end.

slothrop

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 28, 2019
USA
There are some games where you get all acheivements just by virtue of finishing the game, particularly on Steam. So I mean... I guess I have? But not on purpose

I don't even pay attention to PS4 acheivements though.

Manmademan

Election Thread Watcher
Aug 6, 2018
I have one from a game i can't recall that's issued by default when you finish it.

Other than that one i cannot be bothered with trophies. Complete waste of time.

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Of all the games I own from the PS3, Vita and PS4, the only platinum I ever earned is Akiba'S/Trip both because it wasn't hard (or that time consuming) to get and it was actually a lot of fun. I was relatively close to getting the one for Tekken 6, but online trophies blow ass.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wolfenstein The New Order, Fallout 4 and Uncharted 2 from the Uncharted Collection are the only plats I have. I'm too lazy to 100% a game, unless I really like it.

Edit: I just checked my account and I actually have 5 Plats. Undertale and Infamous First Light are the other 2.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
I never had any until the past few years. Now I have GoW, Spider-man, Bloodborne, and Sekiro.

I think to go for it for me, it: 1) has to be a great game that I enjoy; 2) the standard playthrough has to get you reasonably in the ballpark where it seems doable; and 3) probably can't require a lot of online play elements because I usually don't do multiplayer

I'm new to FromSoft games, but they seem to do it pretty well. Linking so many to bosses helps with the feeling of accomplishment/reward and gets you at least in the 60-70% ballpark if you beat the game. But they put some really difficult challenges for completing it to make the platinum feel like a real accomplishment.

I kinda went on a platinum streak, with RDR2 being the only exception. And it illustrates the type of platinum I won't go for even though I loved the game. For one I know I put in 100+ hours, beat the game and epilogues, spent plenty of time exploring, and ended up only at 42%. It had stuff like, "survive 20 grizzly bear attacks and...." that was a big nope for me and then also trophies related to the online play which I never was planning to play.

(BTW, I see Uncharted on a lot of peoples lists. I've beaten them all and I feel like I get like 20% trophies. Do you have to do a lot of extra stuff or do I just suck.)

Last edited:

TrAcEr_x90

Oct 27, 2017
Super Star Dust HD. I think it might have been one of the first games to get them. I'm too old now and don't have the patience or time to go for them anymore.

Spaggy

Oct 26, 2017
I think I had the plat for Assassin's Creed 2 and I was just a crushing playthrough away from the plat on Uncharted. But that was on an old account years ago. Since then I haven't been interested in trophies at all.

Sep 14, 2018
Only for three games. Shenume, Shenume II, and NieR: Automata.

Shenmue and Shenume II were very easy platinum trophies to get. I didn't start the games with the intention to get the trophies, but I looked up the trophies at one point and realized how simple it would be.

As for NieR: Automata, that's not a legit platinum. I bought a bunch of trophies in the game so that I could get the platinum, and that was my first platinum ever. (For those that don't know, you do NOT buy the trophies with real money.)

So none of my platinum trophies are actually big accomplishments. One doesn't really count at all and the other two were super easy that I barely had to go out of my way.

AzureFlame

Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
I uses to collect them till i realized how they had bad effect on me and then i stopped, they are a waste of time guys and unhealthy.

Big G

Oct 27, 2017
I've only gotten a handful of platinums. It has to be for a game I'm really, really enjoying and the trophies/achievements are not unreasonable. If there are any trophies involving beating a game in under a certain time or beating a game on the highest difficulty without getting hit or craziness like that, I won't even bother. And generally if there are missable story-related trophies (i.e. you have to do something specific during a particular mission) I won't try to get those unless I really want to replay the game for reasons other than just unlocking trophies.

MGSV: TPP, The Witness, Nier: Automata, Yooka-Laylee, God of War and Sekiro are the ones I know of that I got the platinum for. I think there are a few other indie games I got a platinum for but I can't remember which ones off-hand.

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
It has to be both a game I love, and involve tasks I actually want to do, with trophies that weren't a slog to get. So far I got 9: Guacamelee 1+STCE+2, Infamous Second Son and First Light, Sound Shapes, Street Fighter 5, Bloodborne and Rogue Legacy. Out of the 9 of them, only Street Fighter 5 had any really annoying trophies to get.

Funny story, I am only missing 1 trophy in order to get the platinum for Rocket League. The missing trophy? Play with a friend. I swear I spent 2 hours one day trying to get everyone I played to be my friend and join a game together (even posted in the Resetera RL thread), and I just couldn't get anything going.

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
Multiple games. Some games you can almost get it just playing through the game normally. Some game requires grinding or multiple playthroughs.

real2

Jan 31, 2019
I have a PS3, Vita, and PS4 and I have 0 Platinums as after having owned a 360 for a couple of years, I stopped caring. Some of the achivements/trophies in games were just too out of the way/require you to do stuff that I didn't want to do (especially as I got older). I came close to platinuming Demon Souls, but there was that one stone or whatever it's called that's pretty much rare as fuck to get apparently. I believe a lot of people received it from another player to get the trophy, but I believe the Demon Souls servers went down a long time ago.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Just one. Dragon Quest XI. I don't care about trophies but I wanted an excuse to keep playing it as long as I could.

UltraMav

Oct 25, 2017
First game I got platinum for was Demon's Souls

None of the other ones were on that level of torture

My PS3 died but I got proof of that plat on a backed up photo. You can't take it away from me!

Oh god they're going to remaster it and I'm going to have to do it again, aren't I?

Window

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have even a single one. I don't find trophy hunting to be rewarding and I hate it when in attempt to get a trophy I change my playstyle.

KingPat

Apr 29, 2019
California
I only have 2 platinum trophies and destiny 2 and steins;gate 0. I don't really care to get them as I used to be an achievement whore on Xbox 360 where my gamerscore was 180k+ had 100+ 100% games but after awhile it just wasn't worth it. Achievement/trophies to me ruin the experience as let's say I get everything in it I have no desire to ever come back to that game again even if I thoroughly enjoyed it as there was nothing else to do. Now I just enjoy my games and do the trophies/achievements that I want to do mostly just beat whatever game on the hardest difficulty.

PieOMy

Nov 15, 2018
Boston
Grinding or multiplayer really kills the appeal of platinum trophies. I have a bunch for PS3 because I was a teenager back then. I recently got the platinum for Days Gone and boy was that a waste of time.

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I've never bothered getting 1000/1000 Gamerscore, but I have 20-ish Platinums.

Not sure why but the score has never appealed to me.

GlowingBovine

Prophet of Truth
Nov 27, 2017
Only time I ever unlocked all the achievements for a game was the first Borderlands. And then they released DLC and I no longer had that badge. So technically no.