• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
Full disclosure: I also use OxiClean and Clorox (2), so I feel two detergent packs is overkill.

Yo, what? Does that work better?
Yeah. If you have a dishwasher with a prewash spot it's actually the correct way to use it. I just throw an extra pod in the tub when I start it. Also run the sink until the water is hot before pressing start.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I use two pods for every load. It makes the scent much stronger and last longer in my experience. Especially on my sheets and blankets.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
i7zLJuG.png

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
Of course lol I don't want half of my laundry to just be "washed" with water and get no soap. That's nasty.

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
Technology Connections made a great video explaining why you shouldn't use detergent packs in a dishwasher (most of the detergent is wasted in the first rinse):

I'm think the point is that first rinse has NO detergent when you use a single pod in the pocket. So you can either start using gel to fill the pocket and the prewash spot or just toss in an extra pod at the beginning.

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Liquid tends to clean better so I use that. We buy pods for the kids cause they'd fuck up using the liquid

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Technology Connections made a great video explaining why you shouldn't use detergent packs in a dishwasher (most of the detergent is wasted in the first rinse):

Wait . . . that's not why he says not to use them.

He says using a pod means you /don't/ get detergent in the first rinse unless you use both detergent spots or toss an extra pack into the bottom.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
all the time...for large or soiled loads. gym clothes especially lol

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
www.resetera.com

I used 5 Tide Pods for a single load and it was a mistake

Maybe the quarantine has been getting to me. Usually I only cap out at two Tide Pods if the load is big. But last night I went HAM on the laundry since it was a little extra smelly (fewer, stinkier loads since my wife and I are working from home and almost never going out except for...

Ramirez

Oct 26, 2017
Yes I routinely put 3 pods in per load because that is what my wife told me to do once. I have no idea about these things but I'm going to assume that's correct.

I've never had an issue with them not dissolving or whatever and my laundry always smells incredible.

Three pods per load? What's it like to be rich??

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Did you take the packet from another cup or something? If so, what did you do with the other cup?
Yep. I put the left over cup back in the pantry because I would have felt bad just throwing it away, but then my wife found it and I lied to her and said they must have forgot to include the cheese packet.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. I put the left over cup back in the pantry because I would have felt bad just throwing it away, but then my wife found it and I lied to her and said they must have forgot to include the cheese packet.
This is both the smallest and most horrible crime at the same time lol.

PerfectFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
If I'm popping off a large load I always double bag it. I mean, it literally says to in the instructions.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I often use two because I'm an asshole who lets the dirty laundry build up.

I'd say when in doubt use multiple and just extra rinse.

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With the amount of clothes my daughter runs through on a weekly basis, I don't think I've used just 1 pod in over a year. That said, don't try and tell yourself a load is too smelly, better toss in 3. The time I tried that when the load wasn't big enough to warrant it, there was a melted pod left that ruined a sweater. Honestly not sure how that works but was very annoying.