• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So, the instructions usually say that, for extra large or extra dirty loads, you can use two (or maybe even three!) pods. But I've never once done that, and honestly I'd be concerned that it wouldn't rinse out properly.

Have you? If so, does it work better?

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Yeah not gonna admit to that online and have federal agents show up.

Oct 25, 2017
With liquid detergent, did you only ever fill a fourth of the cup? Bigger load = more detergent. I'm constantly using 2 or 3 for bigger loads.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yes I routinely put 3 pods in per load because that is what my wife told me to do once. I have no idea about these things but I'm going to assume that's correct.

I've never had an issue with them not dissolving or whatever and my laundry always smells incredible.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
I always use one and it seems to work fine. I don't completely jam the washing machine full though. The machines in my apartment aren't huge.

I remember reading about Alka Seltzer and how they increased sales with the "plop, plop, fizz fizz" ads despite one being totally enough to clean dentures.

I feel like pods are the exact opposite for me. I only ever use one and when I used liquid detergent I'd probably over pour since I'm not looking closely at the line in the cap. That and the scraps at the end of the bottle as I wouldn't always fill it with water and pour it in because I wasn't sure if the scraps were enough for a load.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
ae9.jpg

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
So, the instructions usually say that, for extra large or extra dirty loads, you can use two (or maybe even three!) pods. But I've never once done that, and honestly I'd be concerned that it wouldn't rinse out properly.

Have you? If so, does it work better?
I do it, it rinses out well, but if you worried you can always set it to second rinse

Oct 27, 2017
I tried these things once, they glued pieces of my clothes together. Tide sent me coupons for more Tide pods in compensation.

Haruko

Oct 25, 2017
Using 2+ pods is a scam from BIG DETERGENT to make you run out/need to restock more often

SCUMMbag

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I never even considered putting more than one pod in.

This changes everything.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
please stop mentioning loads im at work and i cant hide my lower torso

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
I don't use them anymore. I have my machine setup to empty into a dry-well rather than connect to the cesspool. That actually enabled me to see what the shit I put in the machine causes that I can't normally see.

Overtime whatever didn't cause buildup in my machine over time eventually caused buildup all inside the dry-well too.

Never realized or particularly would have cared until we were homeowners. Yeah liquid does also eventually cause some buildup too, but dumping a gallon of Cessflo once a year clears that right up for the wonderful price of just $16. :)

grang

Nov 13, 2017
We usually do two because we wait until the last minute to do laundry so the loads are huge, but on the occasional small load we do 1 and it's fine.

ThatRebel

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
This thread was not what I was expecting. You're talking about two Tide Pods? No problem with that. I thought you meant like, one Tide Pod and one Gain Pod. Now that's some other level.