• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheDanimal

победитель победитель куриный ужин
Oct 25, 2017
Like they'll say they're "leaving now" but they're actually leaving in about 10 minutes.
And then they say they have their ultimate in Overwatch but really they were at 80%.
Or it's 12 am and you're feeling tired but they're like "??? It's early"

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
41b48fe1a5777416edd092e1ffcf3bce.jpg

No but I have met people with misleading thread titles!

TronLight

Jun 17, 2018
When I was doing my erasmus in England I did, when it came to meeting people and such. The Germans were always on the dot, the English slightly less so, Spanish, French you'd have to add about 15 minutes to everything, to the Italians it was half an hour.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think they're experiencing time differently, they're just chronically late.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Actually scientifically speaking the experience of time is always the same, regardless of its compared velocity.

Orochinagis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There was a friend who does watch YT videos faster than me , I guess he just simply see parts of the clip and not the entire video

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
I had a roommate who timed things based on Bohemian Rhapsody. Like he could have listened to Bohemian Rhapsody 9.4 times during a walk around the campus (9.40 BRs).

I always envied him for having a mind to just come up with a system of time like that on the fly and pitied him for how deeply does a song have to be stuck in your head to be able to times things off it.

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017
All the time.. I talk to people in Discord and apparently where they are it's already 1 AM, but like... at my house it's only 5 PM. So I guess they must be from the future because it's also the next day? It's crazy.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
Anyone who listens to a podcast at faster speeds is a monster.
Thank you for being brave enough to speak this truth to power.

Edit: I re-read my post and couldn't decide if I sounded like I was being an asshole or not. So now I'm ruining my goof by telling you that while I was being silly, I was agreeing with you in that I hate listening to sped-up voice.

Soulflarz

Oct 25, 2017
It took me 4hr to get to his house after waking up so I think this was him being passive aggressive.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Some people are just really bad at judging time, or they get worse at it when under pressure. They go "That was 5 minutes" when in reality it was more like 20 seconds.

It happens a lot in games when people complain about other players being late, or about their cooldowns not being up.

And some people are just perpetually late, so "I'll be there in 10 minutes" means they'll be there in 45.

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thank you for being brave enough to speak this truth to power.

Edit: I re-read my post and couldn't decide if I sounded like I was being an asshole or not. So now I'm ruining my goof by telling you that while I was being silly, I was agreeing with you in that I hate listening to sped-up voice.
We are together in the fight against demons!

CreepingFear

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've met people that are late, yes. That doesn't mean they experience time differently, they just don't give a shit.

Hokahey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My wife. When she says she's ready to leave, I know I still have time to shower and get ready. It sounds cliche but it's so very true. I'm always of the mindset that being on time is late, so its painful.

CorKas64

Oct 30, 2017
Oklahoma
I feel most people experience it differently than I do, it feels like 5-7 of my minutes is 1 of theirs, like 1 real world minute feels like 5-7, even when things are good. When bad it's even worse. Too much overthinking I uh think, keeps my perception of time slow. Makes relationships hell.

Alyx

Mar 15, 2019
Haha funny thread. Yeah one of my "close" friends is like that - He says "im leaving now, we are on our way" or something similar and it takes 10 min before he is outside.

sbkodama

Oct 28, 2017
Almost everyone around ? But It's more about how long you take to think and/or act than a delay like in your example.

Your agenda will also set your shedule and so time experience,
someone planning by months and someone planning by years won't have the same perception of time.

For example about perception, when making soundtracks I often can't be fixed on the base bpm I want to use, from 80 to 160.

Felt

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Actual thread title: do you know people that are always late, early, or on time?

mAcOdIn

Oct 27, 2017
Like they'll say they're "leaving now" but they're actually leaving in about 10 minutes.
And then they say they have their ultimate in Overwatch but really they were at 80%.
Or it's 12 am and you're feeling tired but they're like "??? It's early"
Yes, I work with one and it's annoying.

However, I don't think he actually experiences time differently than I, but that he's a chronic bullshitter who never wants to admit things aren't ready or is trying to get things from me now that he'd otherwise get later at my detriment.

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
My mum has no concept of time. Things that happened 10 years happened in the last 2-3, things that happened 2-3 years ago happened 6 months ago to her.

It's frustrating, but I've started to get it alot since I hit my late 20s.