• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I used to draw cellphones on paper with lots of features

Can we please see pics of ones you've made or the switch lite

Linkyn

Oct 27, 2017
I used to emphatically press the 'A' key on my keyboard at the end of watching the title sequence for Twilight Princess on Youtube in the weeks before the Wii's launch.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
When I was a child I would draw a guitar on paper/cardboard, then cut it out and act like I was playing it. Never done that with a gaming console/handheld.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
No, but I remember Lunchables having a cardboard cutout for a GBA around the time that was coming out so you could pretend to hold it

Nov 28, 2017
I wanted a PS2 so bad when I was little I used to cut out the memory card & controller ports out of books to make one. Didn't get one until Christmas '06.

Then that PS2 broke a couple years later and I made a "PS3" out of that and its controller for the same reason lmao

Buff Beefbroth

Chicken Chaser
Apr 12, 2018
What? No.

However, I did draw the MK3 logo on nearly every spare piece of paper I had while suffering the unbearable wait for the Genesis release.

Feb 9, 2019
Gacha Hell
Not really, this is about being hyped for a handheld and wanting the form factor.

In my cardboard switch I even put my phone inside of it played some Mario kart gameplay on YouTube and I pretented I was playing a switch.

Fair enough. On topic though, I don't think I ever did something eccentric out of hype. The last piece of software/hardware I was very hyped for was Nier Automata, since I was a huge fan of the original and had totally given up on a sequel let alone by Platinum and all I did was preorder the edition with the T-shirt. That's as hyped as I get about gaming goods, if I'm really feeling it I'll... preorder it.

I'm no fun, am I.

QBizM

Oct 25, 2017
I once stole a mobile phone replica from a shopping centre stand. Does that count?

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Nope, can't say I have.

One time when I was younger, though, I was grounded for a while and my parents wouldn't let me play any of my game consoles for like two weeks.

So I grabbed a small white cardboard box, drew a fuckin disc slot and fake buttons on that sucker, switched it out for the Wii sitting in our TV stand, and hooked the real Wii up to a spare TV I had stowed away in my bedroom closet, 'cuz Mario Kart Wii had just come out and I wasn't gonna wait to play that shit!

My parents never noticed