• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Low Effort Thread
Sometimes you read stories like that. It's kind of impressive to be honest.

Don't worry, i'm not a cop.

pechorin

Banned
Apr 13, 2020
technically I forge my own signature every time I sign something because i don't have one and just freestyle it

Desma

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, back at school I scored poorly on a test, and the teacher requested that I'd show it to my parents and make them sign it to prove that they saw it.

So I just forged my dad's signature on it, lol

Jive Turkey

Oct 25, 2017
Did it all the time when I needed my dad to pull me from class in high school. Never forged anything consequential.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
A couple times during report card season yeah.

I had a teacher who would make us call our parents on the phone in his office when we did poorly and I would fake those too since he never actually was in the same room when you did it. You just had to make it sound real lol

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I've scribbled my wife's name on something for her but she knew I was doing it or was going to do it. So I guess that doesn't count?

Kung Fucius

Jun 28, 2019
I do immigration office work and I'll sign a client's name if they tell me to sign the paperwork for them instead of sending it across the country or even across the ocean and having to wait to get it back.

I'm just really good at signing their name so it looks like their actual signature.

If the client wants to sign it themselves, I mail them the forms.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No, but I'm surprised we still use such a flimsy concept to be honest. How does a signature hold any value when it's not that hard to fake another person's signature?

Even with one's own signature it never quite looks the same.

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
I think I forged my mom's signature a couple times as a kid. It wasn't because she was too busy or wouldn't have signed it (I usually had her sign stuff), I just forgot to ask.

BanditoMac

Dec 13, 2017
For sure, especially when you know it's just procedure and not that serious.

I did photoshop some dates and sigs on some legal documents for a friend of my mother's a long time ago though. Didn't really know what I was doing at the time, but in retrospect, could have probably got in serious trouble if it had somehow got back to me.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I worked for a law firm where one of the first things I was taught was how to copy signatures from one form to another in case someone missed something when signing.

I did not work there long. It was an ethical nightmare.

Oct 28, 2017
Washington DC
Yeah. In college I was busted for underage drinking and was forced to attend 10 AA meetings as part of my deal to not have a criminal record. I needed to get a signature there from someone but it's all anonymous anyways. I went to two meetings, and then just forged 8 random signatures. 🤷‍♂️

whiteninja

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Like if someone else is paying for the meal and I go and pick it up I gotta sign the copy of the receipt with their name.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With COVID and remote working, are hand signatures even still a thing?

Is it allowed to sign PDFs with a finger and touchpad or mouse?

I don't even have a printer and scanner at home

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
Sometimes my wife or I sign something for the other (with full agreement of the other party), e.g. because one party is away for a few days and the signature is needed in time. Other than that no.

Oct 29, 2017
Florida
Back in elementary school, our parents had to sign our planners every week to make sure they knew what was going on each week at school but my grandpa got tired of doing it so he just had me copy his signature instead every week lmao.

(I still don't get why they had to sign it, they never checked the signature or anything, could have just as easily not signed it at all)

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I dont believe you OP

37xjo4zhpilz.jpg

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
Yes I was pretty good at it. Kids will show me their parents signatures and I would forge it on progress reports and stuff.

I actually got suspended at school for it. Some girl asked me to forge it and I said no as I didn't like her cuz she was always mean and then she ratted me out.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
No but my boss once sent me out for cigarettes with his card and I got IDed because the bank of his card said "CID".

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
I think a few times in Middle School. Every time it was at the directive of my parents though when they couldn't do so themselves for whatever reason. Never did it on the sly or surreptitiously though.

Hootie

Dec 25, 2017
When I was about 8 years old I signed a packet of Swiss Miss hot chocolate powder with Sammy Sosa's signature to try to sell it at my parents yardsale

Man I was fucking stupid as a kid

Roven

Nov 2, 2017
I had to forge my girlfriends signature a few weeks ago because I had to get a package for her while she was on vacation or otherwise it would have gone back

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
Did it for something school related once. Teacher didn't even check in the end, for the best because it was terrible.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Yep. For a period of time our school wanted our homework to be signed by a parent, I have no idea why. But I would just forge my mam's signature each time. I got really fucking good at it too. She didn't care either, the rule got scrapped after 1 year because it was pointless.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
A few times on my grade school report cards. Got busted once for it. Didn't go over well.

Jokerman

May 16, 2020
Yup, when my mum died I forged her signature to transfer ownership of her car to my dad.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, but had the consent of the people ... My wife, my dad.

Actually "forged" my dad's signature registering him for covid shot last week. The form didn't allow you to specify "child" for who was registering and I was so nervous I was gonna miss out booking an appt that I just said fuck it, I know ky dad's signature and digitally signed it for him. I knew I'd have his consent.

Status
Not open for further replies.