• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Teabagging?

• Yes! Always!

Votes: 55 10.1%
  • Yes, but only if my opponent really deserves it.

Votes: 230 42.2%
  • No! Never!

Votes: 79 14.5%
  • What year is this?

Votes: 181 33.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I do this in UC4/LL because it's amazing and sometimes my teammates join in with me for a dancing celebration right when the match starts. I wish TLOU MP had better taunts.

tumblr_o70xv6ilhA1t6xtc8o1_r2_400.gif

Death Penalty

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I never teabag first, but every once in a while if someone really tilts me and has teabagged me first I'll do it to tilt them back.

I'm working on myself.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Never done it, and never understood the appeal of it.
The fact it also is inherently homophobic on top of the juvenile nature of it makes it a toxic reaffirmation of the bigoted nature of online gaming spaces.

Good job, teabaggers, making us gross gays feel uncomfortable and unwelcome. Insert thumbs up emoji.

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
This feels like the most risque post I've seen on Era in some time.
I'm not sure whether to applaud the courage to post it...or thumb my nose that its beneath me and move on.

In truth, my skill level is just not good enough in any multiplayer game to back up that kind of act. I would get my comeuppance immediately - threefold. LoL.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
I have done it but don't make it a point to.

What I actually DO make sure that I do, 100% of the time. Literally 100 times out of 100, is dance on someone after killing them in Fortnite. I will risk being sniped, cuz you gon' get this dance.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I do this in UC4/LL because it's amazing and sometimes my teammates join in with me for a dancing celebration right when the match starts. I wish TLOU MP had better taunts.

tumblr_o70xv6ilhA1t6xtc8o1_r2_400.gif

I didn't like a lot of things with Uncharted 4's multiplayer, but I did the exact same thing in front of people (with Sully of course) while my AI dude choked people out from behind and that was pretty damn fun.

taro

Oct 25, 2017
Never been a fan even if I get bagged. Even if I was good enough to be that person, that shit is wack.

DarKaoZ

Oct 25, 2017
I tried it, I don't get anything about it and when someone does it to me, I'm like "sure, gfi (beats him later)"

In fighting games, getting a PERFECT is way more rewarding IMO. And when people teabag me in fighting games 98% of the time, I will do a comeback and beat them up. lol

In Shooters if they teabag me, I don't care as long as I win the match, which in the end is what matters.

joffocakes

Nov 15, 2017
No, I'm 38.

I do taunt a lot but it is a necessity as a Dan main.

Players do tbag a lot in Mortal Kombat 11, I guess because there arent any proper taunts.

Majora's Mask

Oct 26, 2017
Not as much as I used to when I was younger. Very rarely.

To me the funniest will be always taunting your opponents after killing them in Uncharted 2. That shit never got old.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017

theosmeo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I only do it if theyve done it to me a few times already, i win the game, do a few then piece.

if they do it to me either way i leave, its super toxic. I honestly shouldnt do it back

Firima

Oct 27, 2017
Always, at least in Overwatch. It's a fantastic teaching tool. I teabag if:

-I'm a support and you're a flanker and I kill you.
-You trickle in alone and feed.
-You play Brig and just w.
-You play Genji and I kill you.

People need to be shown that some things are just unacceptable, like playing Genji in 2020, especially without nano.

Deleted member 16136

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I always thought it was lame. Press Ctrl/C over a corpse a a few times putting yourself in harms way. Well done.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Depends upon who you're playing with, among a group of friends it can be funny to punk each other. When random strangers it just invites a toxic atmosphere.

qa_engineer

Dec 27, 2017
I only tea bag those truly deserving of a tea bag. Usually the person spewing ignorant racial slurs because they're behind a veil of anonymity, the person with the extremely racist / edgy handle or clan tag, that one person talking shit when they have no reason to be, and of course anyone that tea bags you first. Anyone falling into that category will get the ole double dip and drag teabag. I might be old but my years of CS 1.5 and 1.6 have taught me a thing or two about Pwning newbs (not sure if people still say that).

Edit: Also, sometimes teabags are just for fun. Doesn't always have to be serious.

Peckmore

Oct 31, 2017
Wait really? I mistook it for a new thread - my bad.

Surprised this thread is being allowed. Teabagging as a concept is essentially enacting a visual depiction of sexual assault to assert dominance over another player in a way that is inextricably tied to homophobic sentiments.
I'm not someone who'll go out of their way to do it to another player, but I have done it back to someone if they've done it to me. I've always just found it silly but amusing seeing other people do it (either to me or other players), so it's never really bothered me.

And I get that the origins of teabagging were possibly once homophobic in nature (in truth, I don't know where it came from, so I'm guessing), but it seems nowadays like something that has evolved more into just shoving your backside into someone's face, which is a fairly universal gesture of disrespect regardless of gender or sexual orientation? I don't know, but that's how I feel it's perceived in recent times?

But what does amuse me is how upset people get by it (and I'm not singling anyone out here, just using your quote as an example), equating it to sexual assault (which is a horrific act which I am in no way belittling, condoning, or endorsing). We're playing games where the idea is to either kill or beat the opposition to a pulp - often in incredibly brutal, violent and gruesome ways - and this causes no issue, but the thought of sticking my arse in the face of your corpse causes upset? It's always seemed somewhat contradictory to me...

I guess I just interpret it as a stupid and humorous (in a juvenile way) kind of showboating by players in a game.

purseowner

From the mirror universe
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm not someone who'll go out of their way to do it to another player, but I have done it back to someone if they've done it to me. I've always just found it silly but amusing seeing other people do it (either to me or other players), so it's never really bothered me.

And I get that the origins of teabagging were possibly once homophobic in nature (in truth, I don't know where it came from, so I'm guessing), but it seems nowadays like something that has evolved more into just shoving your backside into someone's face, which is a fairly universal gesture of disrespect regardless of gender or sexual orientation? I don't know, but that's how I feel it's perceived in recent times?

But what does amuse me is how upset people get by it (and I'm not singling anyone out here, just using your quote as an example), equating it to sexual assault (which is a horrific act which I am in no way belittling, condoning, or endorsing). We're playing games where the idea is to either kill or beat the opposition to a pulp - often in incredibly brutal, violent and gruesome ways - and this causes no issue, but the thought of sticking my arse in the face of your corpse causes upset? It's always seemed somewhat contradictory to me...

I guess I just interpret it as a stupid and humorous (in a juvenile way) kind of showboating by players in a game.

I was under the impression that teabagging was meant to evoke sticking male genitalia in the mouth of another, and top Google results appear to concur.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ha ha I'm putting my balls on your face because no one could possibly like that!

Grow up or fuck off.

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
Tea bag nah,

I have definitely reverse Squidbagged though in Splatoon 😂. If you squidbag first I'm definitely going to respond in kind every time I splat you the rest of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.