• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 3, 2019
No. It's always been weird to me when I see it because I can hardly imagine being that happy about something that could realistically happen

Oct 25, 2017
I've only cried from laughter. The kind where you're crying and laughing and your gut hurts from it.

I'm still waiting on the type of happiness that would make me cry.....

Edit - I suppose laughter would sort of fall under happiness/joy though.

Deleted member 32561

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I'm not sure.

I've been overawed from things I enjoying in a positive matter that lead me to crying several times, yes. Not sure if that counts.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe watching a movie or, sadly, watching E3 and seeing a beloved game announced. Star Wars related stuff gets me all the time because my late mother was a big fan and introduced it to me as a kid.

Real life happy is more like an adrenaline high where I jump up and down and get so excited I can't sleep.

LanceX2

Oct 25, 2017
I just got asked when the last time I've cried from being happy was and I was trying to think if I ever have. I don't think so from memory. Is that something people do commonly?

I definitely cry when I'm sad so it's not that I just have no emotion.

When my Daughter was born. Best moment of my life by far seeing my wife hold her for the first time

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Nope. The most I've ever done was teared up. Even though I'm generally a cheerful guy, I don't actually get THAT happy about stuff for some reason

Edit : but if crying from laughing too hard counts then yeah I do it all of the time

sph3re

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017

This video was insanely wholesome, but the mother's YouTube comment made me shed a tear.

jotun?

Oct 28, 2017
Not really, unless you count tearing up a bit for powerful moments in tv/movies/games

DopeToast

Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas has made me do this.

Being completely serious here. That city means A LOT to me.

Mine is related to Austin, also. I cried of happiness when I was offered a job in Austin. I walked into the bathroom and went into the stall and did like a celebratory punch dance dance and cried.

Unfortunately for a variety of reasons I was unable to take the job and haven't been back to Austin in nearly four years. I miss it a lot.

Oct 28, 2017
Outside of my kids.

I may have gotten emotional during the portals scene in ENDGAME however, I absolutely cried on February 4th 2018 Super Bowl 52! The most cathartic cleansing beautiful cry i have ever had.

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I cried in happiness when we got the ultrasound that said we were having a boy. The surname would live on!

Funnily enough my wife and I both laughed so hard we cried when he was born. Shit was fucking surreal and we just laughed our asses off holding him at how bizarre it all felt. Then it was like "yeah nurse can you take him it's like 3 AM and we're fucking exhausted. Yes take the baby, just go do health stuff with him and wake us later"

Foxashel

Banned
Jul 18, 2019
Never from anything real I don't think. Maybe from a movie? More so an act of kindness in a movie that is touching. Basically no.

hateradio

Oct 28, 2017
welcome, nowhere
Yes, but I can't remember.

Unfortunately, I have this thing called manic depression. Sometimes I get so happy/sad at the same time and cry a bit. It's quite harrowing.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I have, but only twice, and both times were me being incredibly relieved of a lot of anxiety.

I think what was actually going on is that as soon as I was relieved of the causes of my anxieties, I was immediately reflecting on the pain the anxiety caused me emotionally. It wasn't the actual overwhelming happiness that triggered the tears, it was just the perspective changing to the pain being behind me now, but I can say that those moments were definitively still defined and remembered for the happiness I felt.

Ashdroid

Oct 27, 2017
I cry from some feel-good news stories, but I've never been happy enough in my own life to cry.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
I don't think it ever has happened to me. And I don't believe it will ever happen in my lifetime while I'm so dead and miserable inside

Garble Slew

Oct 27, 2017
Atlanta, Georgia
The first 30-60 seconds of Twin Peaks S3 made me tear up. It was one thing knowing that it was being made, and completed, but to have it air was another thing entirely. And I only watched S1-2 in the 2000's. To have watched it as it aired and then see a third season must have been a rollercoaster of emotions.