• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Watching Card Sharks (Joel McHale is a hoot) and someone just won 156k.

Was thinking of auditioning for Millionaire. Era has a pretty big membership- just wondering if anyone here has ever been on a show? What was their experience like?

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Some dude on the last site was on Wipeout. There was also some dude on a speed dating show at a comiccon.

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
When I was really little I remember visiting Universal Studios in Orlando and I swear I at least was part of the crowd for some kid-oriented game show, if not part of it. Or maybe my sister participated? I just remember Sonic the Hedgehog being played and people being slimed. Might be some wild misremembering but who knows?!

Rhomega

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
I haven't. My mom tried out for Wheel of Fortune back in '93-ish. They said she wasn't enthusiastic enough. I've thought about Jeopardy, but what keeps me away is not the stuff I don't know, but the mini-interviews after the first break. I don't have interesting stories to share.

Last edited:

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
No but I'd kill if I was on a segment dedicated to foods that start with the letter q.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
Me? No. But a guy I worked with many years ago was on the Bachelorette. He was a total douche.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was on a "man on the street" kind of game show in Shanghai a few years back. I had to guess what song an old Chinese lady was singing along to, she had headphones on. The song was "let it go" and it took me a solid minute to guess, because the lady didn't know any of the words at all. Was fun I guess.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
My aunt was on Wheel of Fortune, so that was pretty cool.

But me no, I was on the Disney Channel when I was like 6 though.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I was on Hells Kitchen. Not sure that's a game show.

Kinda, sorta, related. I went to a restaurant that was featured on one of those "save my shitty restaurant" shows. Place was super popular for a while after featuring on whatever show it was. Went with my new in laws shortly after I got married. My brother in laws plate came with a dead fly laying stiff on its back on it.

They went out of business a short time later.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
I had a coworker that told me his family was on Maury in the mid 2000's. His sister and mom specifically.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
2cg6rl.gif

chuey

Oct 28, 2017
I was on the Jerry Springer Show four times. And several other shows like Barry'd Treasure (Storage Wars spin off), Drinking Made Easy, and Weirdest Restaurants in the World (Canadian show).

Schwarzbier

Nov 14, 2017
New Jersey
A friend's son was just on Jeopardy, he did pretty well too, ended up being on a few days.

Never was really into game shows myself. It would be fun to be on a trivia show or something just to see how well I'd do.

Oct 28, 2017
It was Easter 1988 and my Brother and Mom had just finished wining Best Dressed Philadelphian (I would have won too but I was too late too be judged).

So the 3 of us are walking back to the subway and in the distance and I see Marc Summers walking down the street. Come to find out Double Dare was taped in Downtown Philly back then. He took some photos and game us the hook up to get on the show. Me and my brother go down there and come to find out it was Family Double Dare. We couldn't get on. But we stayed in the audience and watched 2 tapings.