• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

I didn't realize it had been 6 years since I last played and a lot of memories came flooding back. Pate in particular was my favorite villager, so him being so happy to see me got me real good. I know we're all knee deep into New Horizons, but it may be worth checking in on the old crew just to see how they're doing if you haven't. I'd love to see others villagers and their reactions to them coming back after such a long time or even those of who still play regularly.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
Me after seeing the Pate one:

f3f4183e0a1069bf66dd344ca9410b21.jpg

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Hmm I should really try out the Animal Crossing series.

Its one of the few Nintendo IPs I havent really played.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Animal Crossing giving you the guilt trip for not playing it forever has always been one of the more humorous aspects of the game.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
I did, almost a month ago. They were wondering if I was their real mayor and were asking me where have I been.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
I abandoned mine permanently when my best friend Cube left and I refuse to reopen it because every passing year just adds that much more to the potential guilt

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
Thanks to this thread, I just plugged in my 3DS and took a look. According to Naomi, it's been 3 years. I see Cookie, but I don't remember her being there last time. But Peanut and Molly! Nice to see them again, lol. I've been thinking it'd be nice if the island was bigger in New Horizons, but walking around this town and wow it's a lot smaller than I remembered. Our islands are so much bigger.

Immediately though, Barold asked me to catch him an orchid mantis, Bruce asked to come over to see my house, Sheldon asked me to see his house (where I was able to buy a piece of his furniture), Peanut asked for a fruit (and she gave me a lat pulldown machine I could use for my island's gym, lol), and Graham had a package delivery for Barold. Sure would be nice if these interactions were this frequent and diverse in New Horizons.

Side note Nintendo please add more themed furniture sets back. Wandering through my old house again, there's so much cool shit missing in this new game. And give me back banana and lemon trees!

Anyway, I stopped in to do a shift at the Roost, and then saw my RV visitor today was Jack! Then I re-discovered it was a 3-per-day ordering limit and I wasted my three slots without grabbing any of the pumpkins. :( Afterward I went back to my house to display the gyroid Brewster just gave me, and Molly knocked on the door! So many villager interactions!

Also holy shit there's only 16 pocket spaces! How did we ever find this acceptable? I still fill up my 40 spots so fast, I don't know how I ever lived with only 16.

I'm glad I went and did this, thanks for making this thread!

Unrelated, but everytime I go back to the 3DS again, I'm reminded of how much I love the 3D feature, and I'm so sad it never caught on. Just makes everything look so much nicer.

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Just before New Horizons came out, I checked on my town. I've been considering checking on it again lately... Wish I had an amiibo reader on that 3DS so I could put Ganon in.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Gonna load mine up right now. I don;t even remember who my villagers were.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Literally a few hours ago!

noticed I had a few villagers I hadn't seen before.

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
I played daily up until like a week before New Horizons's release. I mean mostly just started up the game just to make sure none of my favorites leaved.

OP
OP
Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Thanks to this thread, I just plugged in my 3DS and took a look. According to Naomi, it's been 3 years. I see Cookie, but I don't remember her being there last time. But Peanut and Molly! Nice to see them again, lol. I've been thinking it'd be nice if the island was bigger in New Horizons, but walking around this town and wow it's a lot smaller than I remembered. Our islands are so much bigger.

Immediately though, Barold asked me to catch him an orchid mantis, Bruce asked to come over to see my house, Sheldon asked me to see his house (where I was able to buy a piece of his furniture), Peanut asked for a fruit (and she gave me a lat pulldown machine I could use for my island's gym, lol), and Graham had a package delivery for Barold. Sure would be nice if these interactions were this frequent and diverse in New Horizons.

Side note Nintendo please add more themed furniture sets back. Wandering through my old house again, there's so much cool shit missing in this new game. And give me back banana and lemon trees!

Anyway, I stopped in to do a shift at the Roost, and then saw my RV visitor today was Jack! Then I re-discovered it was a 3-per-day ordering limit and I wasted my three slots without grabbing any of the pumpkins. :( Afterward I went back to my house to display the gyroid Brewster just gave me, and Molly knocked on the door! So many villager interactions!

Also holy shit there's only 16 pocket spaces! How did we ever find this acceptable? I still fill up my 40 spots so fast, I don't know how I ever lived with only 16.

Unrelated, but everytime I go back to the 3DS again, I'm reminded of how much I love the 3D feature, and I'm so sad it never caught on. Just makes everything look so much nicer.
Yeah looking at some of the old features compared to the QoL now is night & day!

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
Just before New Horizons came out, I checked on my town. I've been considering checking on it again lately... Wish I had an amiibo reader on that 3DS so I could put Ganon in.
Update:
Just checked on my town and saw I had zero bells in the bank. Ouch. So much of the touch screen functionality makes things easier. I forgot how good that was.

Aurica

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US

Taco_Human

Jan 6, 2018
MA
I've been specifically playing new leaf since I never finished paying it off, and they don't deserve my 60 for new leaf.

XBlade

Oct 26, 2017
Let's just say I had to restore my sd card for my 3ds games from an old backup and animal crossing new leaf didn't like that 😭

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just checked New Leaf yesterday.

for all my complaints about New Horizons, i definitely feel zero motivation to come back to New Leaf. Whatever New Horizons lacks from the older games it more than makes up for.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
I've checked on it every couple years or so. Thank goodness for the beautiful town ordinance.

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it me or does everything move faster in New Leaf than New Horizons? I was expecting the other way around when I picked it up the other day but nope.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Im back in it, erase everything ( yop, even catalogue ), to do a fresh restart about 2 weeks ago! Totally new villagers, items i havent seen yet, make is a very enjoyable experience again! Sad to say, but with all the stuff missing in NH, im just having more fun in New Leaf atm, havent boot up NH until i see they will make some major change in it.

Oct 27, 2017
Rolf, the villager who was my day one villager in NL in 2013, who didn't leave town until maybe 3-4 years later, just joined my wife's NH town. So jealous.

I'm not really attached to the characters in my town this time, was really attached 2013-15. Tho I'd feel so guilty playing NL again lol

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
I visited my Wild World town recently for the first time in a decade. They really let the town go to shit in my absence. Turns out I was the only thing holding that place together.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I'm afraid to check.
I last logged in shortly after the late update they put out a few years ago.

I wonder if my DS still works, I still have Wild World sitting around somewhere.

Datajoy

use of an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Angola / Zaire border region.
One thing I miss about the old games is the much lower decision fatigue. I love designing my island in NH, but having your town be a complete blank slate and being responsible for every single minute detail is an unexpectedly heavy burden. The older games were definitely wayy more chill.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You know what, I should check my town out.....

blame space

Resettlement Advisor
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i did. i have a bunch of cool nintendo shit like yoshi eggs and a blue falcon in my house.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yea I had a lot of weeds lol.

Some things I miss from the 3DS game (at first glance) are the Club, the late night ordinance, and lemon trees.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
I started playing New Leaf again for a month before New Horizons released (right after the AC Direct). Before that, I hadn't played since around 2016 (the Welcome Amiibo update drew me back in for a little bit).

It felt great to see everyone again, but the whole time I knew it would probably be my last visit. At the very least, Fauna made the move to a new island life with me; it's just a shame that Ganon wasn't allowed to follow suit.

arlu

Nov 1, 2017
Venezuela
I'm one of those sad souls that haven't got the chance to get New Horizons, so I decided to play Wild World instead.
And it's been great so far, classic AC experience. It actually surprises me, because I skipped it at the time, and went for City Folk on the Wii.
But now that I'm discovering this game, it amazes me how much it expanded the basis of the original, and what little City Folk brought, almost entirely recicling Wild World. :0

Łazy

Nov 1, 2017

You can be sure the game is gonna receive an absurd amount of updates, especially considering how much it sold.

trugs26

Jan 6, 2018
I was thinking about getting my GameCube version out again. But that would require going back to my parents place. That would be a blast to see something from 17 years (204 months) ago.

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately my Animal Crossing New Leaf town didn't carry over when I performed a system transfer.

From my trusty 3DS XL to my New 3DS XL, had the bulk of my library on an SD card that was 64GB in size, formated to run on 3DS hardware but it was not recommended by Nintendo that users should really use what I used/did (SDXC, 32GB the highest recommended, etc).

I did the system transfer and 'some' (most) of the digital info carried over.

I saw my Pokemon save file was intact, most importantly.

But alongside my ACNL save, it seemed to have eaten my Smash Bros 3DS save file. All those unlocked characters.

So I didn't want to try and rectify the mistake unless something else deleted.

My ACNL town is sooner going to be featured in an Assassin's Creed game as part of an archaeological dig than me being able to get back to it, sadly.

Pangorogoro

Oct 31, 2017
My town didnt transfer when going from my screen cracked 3dsxl to my new 2DS so i haven't really opened the game at all.

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I actually started playing it again around when New Horizons came out. I had never seen any of the Welcome amiibo additions. It's neat to see the starter point for some of the NH stuff like MEOW Coupons being the proto Nook Miles and the expanded house storage and a lot of the new items that you can get in the RV camp are DIYs in New Horizons.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
checked in a little before new horizons came out
popped a balloon present onto my patterned tile where it disappeared and then immediately checked out

FarZa17

Oct 27, 2017
I still checking it to this day ever since its first released, especially the time for my birthday, so I could get more birthday items from villagers. Now, I have 3 duplicated cake items after I realized I got all of them.

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
I never owned any of the games except the first one on the GameCube. About two and a half years ago I decided to load it up again to see what it's like now. Turned out it had been 13 years since Iast visited. Most villagers pretended not to recognize me. Others were shocked to see me back again after 155 months. I did a bunch of wandering around the town. I couldn't figure out the controls for a lot of stuff. This was well before we knew NH was coming. And since I hadn't played another AC game since I had no frame of reference.

I had villagers I'd never seen before that I kinda wish I had on my NH island. Villagers I never saw before. Or I didn't remember. Over a decade.

Man, the whole town was covered in weeds.

The department store that Nook's Cranny turns into is awesome. I didn't know the twins were in the first game. I was thinking they were newer.

Remember when there used to be a post office and a police station? Both of which have been merged into the airport and visitors center now. Man, the girl at the post office desk is so moody.

The limited amount of slots that you got in the original. How did we survive?

I miss having 15 villagers. 10 is just too few. 15 would be nice. Even if it's an end game option. Let me optionally fill more space with villagers!

I played a lot more than I remember. My fossils are almost filled. But my paintings are empty. (But I have one in my house. I am assuming I found it, discovered it was fake so I couldn't donate it, and decided to never bother again. Either that or Redd never showed up again there too.)

I made a video back then. I had to film it with my FaceTime camera on my MacBook so I did my best. At one point I thought I had Raymond in my village but it was just Mitzi. And of course Gulliver is on the beach that day. But I never know what he wants to give me because my inventory is full and I don't know how to drop things.

HighFive

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, am i crazy or the half space movement, move between half space items from Happy Home Designer was into New Leaf? Or perhaps it was just in HHD?

Oct 25, 2017
Went through I checked in on my town in every mainline AC game today.

Started off in NH to get turnips. Got kicked off that by my son, but I still wanted to play, so I got in to CF, which I've still been logging on to on a semi-regular basis. After I got done with that, it was a lazy Sunday, so I decided to show my kids the GameCube Animal Crossing. After I tired of standing since the wire for the GameCube controller is too damn short, I emulated WW because I didn't think my daughter would be able to find the DS in her mess of a room. And then to cap it off, we had to do some searching for the 3DS charger (which also turned up the DS,) but I got some quality time in on NL.

All I have to say is that 15 pocket spaces and the GC fossil ID process suck ass.

FTR, I am planning on playing a stint on Pocket Camp when I go to bed, even though I don't really consider it to be a "mainline" AC game.