• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Have your drinking habits changed?

• More

Votes: 122 43.6%
  • The same

Votes: 91 32.5%
  • Less

Votes: 67 23.9%

• Total voters

LastCaress

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I used to drink very rarely. Now maybe a lit bit more but still very little (which is like 60cl of cider per week). Getting drunk should be avoided by all.

Nov 1, 2017
More the last two weeks of my 4 week wfh order. Mostly though that's because we bought more than we should have considering my partner can only ever finish half a drink typically. This is probably the first week I've had a drink nearly everyday since I bought a giant cocktail book a almost a decade ago.

Oct 27, 2017
I don't drink at home ever so less. I also think this pandemic is going to create a lot of alcoholics. Don't think the quarantini's are a good idea for some people.

Soma

Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco
I've done next to no drinking ever since the shelter in place began. I'm strictly a social drinker and I've made a personal pledge to never drink alone (personal reasons) so I've had no reason to drink.

Little odd since I was bartending before my bar closed down due to everything 🤷‍♀️

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
A lot less. I drank the night FFVII Remake came out, and about two weeks prior after a particularly long and hard shift working from home.

1. This is all depressing enough, I don't need to add day drinking and a hangover on top of it

2. I am still working from home, on-call a lot, so I need to stay sober as much as possible

3. I am not trying to go to a liquor store during a pandemic. Delivery services / contractors like TaskRabbit is weird about delivering liquor here because it's all state controlled

Malo

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Bronx, NY
Before the quarantine I would drink one or twice a week, but I haven't had a drink since it started. It's been about three weeks.

Deleted member 18407

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tell me what I should drink. I have plenty of different boozes and I think I'll have something when my farmer's pie is done. What cocktail should I put together?

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
Less. But much more better stuff. Other Half, Finback, and Singlecut all deliver to my Astoria apartment. Awesome breweries, being safe and dropping off at the front door in the worst hit borough/town/neighborhood in the world. Drinking way less shit beer like Rolling Rock (my old go to). I never buy hard liquor for home use, so with the bars being closed I haven't had the hard stuff in a month +.

skeptem

Oct 25, 2017
You know. I would have thought more, but because I've been out of most alcohol for about a month and don't want to make a trip just for that it's been a lot less.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017
The occasional end-of-week beer. About on par. I miss the pub, even though that was a fairly rare venture for me.

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
Way way way more. I normally only drink 2-3 times a month. Now I'm drinking 3-4 times a week.

Xun

Oct 25, 2017
London
Less.

At the moment I'm averaging probably about 5 pints of beer a week. Usually? 4 in a single night and probably about 12 for the week in total.

Furyous

Banned
Jan 7, 2018
Switched to non alcoholic beer. NA Coors and Heineken taste the same as their regular counterpart.

Clausthaler is nasty yuck.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
Less. I find it depressing to be honest. It doesn't make me feel good being all cooped up drunk at home. I just focus on all the negative shit.

Deleted member 3542

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Less only because I can't head out to my favorite places. I don't keep a lot of alcohol in the house because I'm only a social drinker. No social = no drinking really.

amanset

Oct 28, 2017
Because of the way Sweden is handling this, I am not in quarantine. However as I am in a risk group I have decided myself to self isolate indefinitely.

I haven't had a drop of alcohol in the past month. I have beer in the fridge but I am too wary about getting unhealthy. I am actually eating better and exercising (Ring Fit Adventure) to such a point that my gut appears to have got smaller (I don't weight msyelf and don't have scales, so I don't know if I have "gone down in weight", but I'd assume I have).

Edit:
I just looked it up. The last time I drank was at a work even on March 12th. That was a thursday and I started working from home the following monday.

Serule

Oct 25, 2017
I've been walking 45 minutes everyday at lunch (I live in a semirural area) so i don't feel guilty having a beer at dinner more often now

cheduff

Oct 27, 2017
I would drink maybe once every 2 months. Now I have some drinks every weekend. Still just to get a buzz, not drunk. Still, it surprised me when I saw the bottle of vodka was halfway done. I've never finished a bottle.

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
I typically only drink when I go out, and tended to drink a lot when doing so. I never used to drink at home alone.

I'm now 4.5 weeks into self isolation, and having a couple of drinks in the evening, every evening. On balance I don't really think I'm drinking more in total than I was going out multiple times a week. Hopefully, when this ends I don't end up in the habit of drinking at home alone AND then when I go out.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
I'm staying at my aunt's who's extremely religious and also paranoid and insane so I can't drink or she'd probably kick me out of the house.