• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DaleCooper

Oct 27, 2017
Nope, and I have decided that I will not buy the current revision of the AbominationStation 5. Will wait for a smaller one without flaps and a terrrible stand.

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
Not yet. I have a gaming PC and a Switch, so I'm good for most things, but I do want to pick up a PS5 somewhere down the line for certain exclusives.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It took some luck, some asking around, and a lot of patience, but I snagged a PS5 at launch, a Series X soon after, and two Series S in the last few months (those were ez tho)

I also nabbed a Switch at launch by buying one from a user on the old forum who pre-ordered several and no longer needed one of them (at retail price :3)

KingPat

Apr 29, 2019
California
Yeah I've been fortunate enough to get whatever I want. Pre ordered 2 PS5s, 2 XSX, and 2 Switch Oled. Also was somehow able to pre order the Halo infinite XSX. It did take me over a month of trying daily to get my 3090 after they came out. Oh and I did pre order the steam deck(512) but my payment didn't process till 10:23 so I'm hoping to get my email to pay next week.

All and all I'm most happy with my PC because it's a monster but really the best console I own is the MiSTer FPGA which I got last year.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
PS5 at launch no problems, XSX is available from time to time via Microsoft or Amazon so will pick one up when their exclusives finally start to roll out hopefully later this year. So far my OneS has been still great to play the occasional Gamepass title or Xcloud stream the 60fps version of Horizon etc. so there has not been any need to get a Series console really :D

danhz

Apr 20, 2018
Have both of them, only missing an 3070 card, but I ain't paying actual prices for playing LoL/Lost Ark

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Got a PS5 at launch

I'll get a series X when it has a slim version because there's no way I'm fitting that behemoth on my shelf

gattotimo

Oct 28, 2017
Got a Series X on September 2021, and my true console of choice, the PS5, on january 2022. Both have been quite hard to get

Norris1020

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I was lucky and managed to preorder a PS5 through Walmart at the very first *official* preorder wave. Series X was another matter and it took me a year to finally get one, partially because I refused those ridiculous GameStop bundles.

InResolute

Banned
Jan 21, 2022
I actually managed to pre-order both the Series X and PS5 for launch. I love them both but use my Xbox a lot more.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Got a Series X through Walmart All Access at the beginning of last year. Got a PS5 a few weeks ago with the Walmart+ drop.

Walmart! \o/

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
Got my PS5 at launch (plus one for my brother), and have gotten a couple for friends since then. I didn't even try for a Series X until later, and it took maybe a week to secure one with little effort. No need to upgrade my PC any time soon, so I'm set for a few years still.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Neither PS5 or XSX, and I am not willing to give into scalpers even if it lasts the generation. I will stick to PC if it means catering to scum.

It doesn't help that here in Aus there is no list you can be put on, it's literally "Hey we got a bag of meat, get it before the other hyenas do" and it's a bot race online.

Winston1

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Nope. Still unable to get a PS5, have no intention of paying 3 times the original price from scalpers. So for now, I'm sticking with my PS4 Pro and gaming laptop.

Dukie85

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Got my PS5 at launch (Black Friday) and my Series X about a year ago (Halo Infinite Series X), so I'm good to go.

Feb 18, 2022
Unfortunately wasn't able to get a ps5 at launch, which lead me to saving for one during the 2021 pandemic and have had a good experience with it so far the games are adult specific and the controller is mind blowing.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Got a Series X day 1. Used it for some gamepass basically.. and Elden Ring.
Still waiting for that special PS5 game to make me bother looking for one.
Also have Switch OLED which I guess is the latest and best iteration of the system

So right now I'm pretty set with current gen stuff.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I was all prepared to get a PS5 this year… but then realised I could just (eventually) get Elden Ring on PC and that there was so many games in my recent backlog that I can hold out longer. Figure longer I wait, more exclusive games I want will be super cheap.

I haven't actively looked for one, but also haven't happened to see any available either.

Stygian

Banned
Dec 11, 2021
Got a PS5 on launch day via an in-store gamestop pre-order.
Bought a series s off the shelf from walmart on launch day because I couldn't find a series x.
I sold the series s in january 2022 for $240 to a guy from facebook marketplace, after I lucked out when taking my gf to work at the grocery store she works in, and seeing two series x's on the shelf.
I immediately grabbed the dude working in electronics and bought one. There was another customer who was on his phone desperately trying to get spouse approval to buy the other series x lmao.

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
I settled for an Xbox Series S over an X or PS5, but honestly I love it. It's small, quiet, I have access to hundreds of great backwards compatible games, and I just straight up prefer the Xbox controller to Sony's.

I probably wont need to get a PS5 unless I decide I really need to play some of the exclusives; I do wanna play through Final Fantasy 7 Remake and Demon's Souls, for example.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
I got a PS5 at launch, so I'm good on consoles... well, until Nintendo releases the Switch 2.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
I still thank the gaming gawds I was up when that Amazon backdoor PS5 pre-order went live; seems like a worldy effort to get a PS5 these days...

Nov 13, 2017
PS5 day 1 and have gotten several of them for friends.

I work from home, though, so I always have Wario64 alerts visible.

Darren Lamb

Dec 1, 2017
Pretty much, yeah. Got a Series X and PS5 DE on day 1, and a Series S when was curious about it

I did actively try to trade my PS5 digital edition for a PS5 disc edition but I think that moment has passed, I put a small SSD inside and learned to love PSN's higher prices instead

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Got both XSX and PS5 on launch day, snagged a XSS a few weeks later when someone returned an unopened one. Traded my XSX for the Halo edition when that launched.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Yeah. I actually had several opportunities to buy a PS5 before launch, but I turned them down because I was insistent on getting a Digital Edition. With persistence and luck (and Wario64) I got mine the day after launch.

Slappy White

Oct 27, 2017
Got a ps5 a week after launch, series x last year in February, and a 3080ti last October. Paid msrp for all 3.

nath999

May 7, 2018
I got a PS5 at launch played Miles Morales which was awesome then it kind of laid dormant until Horizon 2 came out which I played for a week and then dropped for Elden Ring on PC.