• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm basically an introvert and currently at my age that I have all the friends that i need, bless them for not leaving me. I'm open to meeting anyone though although i'm not actively looking for it, if it comes, it comes

Munti

Oct 26, 2017
No I don't and I don't really plan to build friendships based solely on text messages. But I wouldn't mind to host or meet Era members when they're on trips close to my place

Last edited:

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm one ban away from a perm and I've been told to fuck off and that this isn't the place for me.

So yeah tons ❤️

-PXG-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NJ
Most of the people I talk to on here I've known from GAF or at least knew of them back from the GAF days.

It goes without saying that everyone I've talked to or met IRL has been incredibly pleasant. Maybe I'm just lucky or, you know, people are actually nice and not so bad.

I haven't been to a NYC meetup in a very long time.

If you're from New Jersey, or live in Philly or NYC, feel free to send me a PM. I do need new friends and it would be nice to chat and possibly meet new people

Qasiel

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I know some people on here from previous meetups, and I've brought a couple of IRL friends on here but that's about it. Haven't been to a BritERA meetup in along time though, as they always seem to be when I'm working...

MadeULook

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Washington State
Nope and my introverted lifestyle is absolutely a-okay with that. I don't really go out of my way to meet people to begin with and don't see the point in building up a relationship with people I am likely never going to actually meet.

I usually keep a low profile here anyway so I doubt anyone really cares.

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
I'm friends with a couple of people on ERA, even if they all think I'm weird
545702171983740931.png

Ya'll know who you are

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Yup, friends with quite a few people I've met from this community over the years.

OP
OP
Star-Lord

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Woah Nelly! I thought more people would be acquainted with one another but surpised. I guess I was expecting with meet ups and different events where you guys meet up that some of you have become friends. Well I'm from Missouri and nobody likes people from Missouri.

Secretly not from Missouri

Kapten

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Well.

Shoutout to Styrman on here.

But I think that is cheating since we've been real life friends since like 2005 or something.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
IRL friends, no. But I got involved a few years ago with the Mafia community at the old place, which became ResetEra Mafia when we moved over, and I would consider many of the people in that community to be my close friends. (I was going to list a bunch of them out here, but I kept coming up with names of people I couldn't forget to name, and the list got really, really long.)

(If you haven't already, you should check out ResetEra Mafia. For a group of people who focus on deceiving and killing each other in fictional murder mysteries, they're a really amazing bunch, and I'm proud to be friends with them.)

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I've made a decent number of friends from this site, mostly from the community discord servers.

LosDaddie

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Longwood, FL
I'm not here to be liked.

But sure, I've made a handful of e-friends during my time on GAF & Era. I spent a ton of time playing SFIV & SFV online with some users & mods. Same goes for Halo and CoD last gen. The CFB community here is poppin during the Best Season.

Definitely made more haters on GAF & Era during my e-career, though. The screenshots I've been sent from some Discord groups and the old GAF mod board have put a huge smile on my face. I do enjoy how there's a few of y'all following me around hoping I slip up 😘

I also introduced a couple friends/coworkers to Era when they were hunting for the SNES Classic. They're still here, but mainly on the Gaming side. Our group chat about Era is....lively 🤣

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
Nope. I don't translate well to forums. No one really responds to me unless my words are misconstrued and I'm dogpiled.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
Ya. Well, on the old site and also continued here. Talk to them more than anyone other than my wife. He's the only one that will put up with my shit tbh.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Not really, but it's fine I am kind of an abrasive asshole. There have been a few people that have reached out and tried to get me to join community and a discord but it would require me being more honest and not internalizing who I am and I am not in this place yet.

Have made a few PS4 friends lists friends though so that's something.

Deleted member 33887

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Woah Nelly! I thought more people would be acquainted with one another but surpised. I guess I was expecting with meet ups and different events where you guys meet up that some of you have become friends. Well I'm from Missouri and nobody likes people from Missouri.

Secretly not from Missouri

That's my excuse too. On top of being abrasive and obsessive about numbers.

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I have met with some people here (Nooblet and some others from DestinyGAF) and daily chat with some people. I visited a former member's grave and met with his family.

Oct 25, 2017
I've made great friends in the Discord channels that were born when the site was created.

I already knew most of them from GAF but I've met new people as well.