• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 9932

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's disheartening but it's not like they owe me anything. I can't simply make inoue passionate about vagabond again.

And no, I don't accept fan fiction of any kind.

R0b1n

Jun 29, 2018
I guess I'm lucky that most of what I like are either serialized fiction which will probably never have a definite "ending", one-and-dones or something that already has ended

Besides berserk. Then again, I have mostly lost interest in that with the long hiatuses and story direction. I'll still check out the ending if it ever comes though

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
Yes.

I've come to accept that X-1999 from CLAMP is never gonna be finished, and I'll never know the ultimate fate of Sorata.

It breaks my heart everytime I think about it.

Came here to post this. The manga was interrupted just before the big climax, it's painful.

The worst thing is, even if Clamp makes it, it's probably not going to be good, judging by how bad their continuation of an old series (Clear Card) is.

Last edited:

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm not holding my breath on a lot of things that I like. I want them to come out, but after a certain amount of time, there's no point keeping it in my mind.

If it comes out, then it's great. If not, then that sucks, but at least I'm not hinging anything on it.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I... don't think I have any "favorite" stories that are unfinished. I used to like the ASOIAF books, but that was over ten years and two mediocre books ago.

Yeah, this is kind of surprising. I mean, it's not one of the best books, but it's a damn sight better than the shitshow the 5th one was.

BOOOO!

The 5th book is the best one.

FatPuppy

Jun 18, 2018
Super Mario Bros.: The Movie
X-Files
Santa Clarita Diet
Luke Cage
Iron Fist (S1 was trash, but S2 was on an upswing and did some good stuff that I wanted to see continued)

Was starting to think this with Search Party but apparently the next season will be on some streaming service or another.

Also sometimes worry about Venture Bros if something happened to one of the two creators or they just decided they were tired of it.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I actually think Berserk will end, it's just going to be a long time until it gets there still. Vagabond, on the other hand... :(

Shenmue is never going to end properly (not that it's my favourite story in games or anything but still). Ogre Battle/Tactics Ogre will probably never see another game. SWERY's D4 will never be completed. Kill The Past saga will probably never end (no sign of a new Silver Case anytime soon either).

I could very well die before I see the end of any of these things and there's nothing I can do about that. Oh well.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Bastard!! will never be finished due to the author seemingly having lost all interest, despite the story being 2/3rds done. Suikoden will never finish due to Konami being too cheap and the creator having left 18 years ago.

Seeing people name Berserk and ASoIaF is pretty cute. They don't know what real agony feels like.

Not to be morbid about it, but is Hagewara of Bastard! fame still alive?

He is. He still makes the odd art contribution for games and magazines here and there. Probably just so he can get some extra cash. He can probably command some rather steep fees due to having been in the game for so long.

Last edited:

Rubber_Cat

Aug 30, 2019
As a fan of many Sci-Fi/Fantasy type shows I've been conditioned to either believe that they'll either be cancelled before their time or have to deal with a rushed and truncated ending. So many shows left to just swing in the wind. It's just the way of these shows.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
At least one of the major plot points in Berserk did finally get resolved.
Now Guts just has to kill Griffith and we can call it a night.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
The Twelve Kingdoms is more of a collection of stories than one stand alone narrative, but I would love to get more. So far the stories have only focused on like a third of the kingdoms.

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
Suikoden will never finish due to Konami being too cheap and the creator having left 18 years ago.
I dunno if there's anything to finish really. The games are pretty self contained. It would've been nice to see Harmonia or whatever but it wasn't a dangling plot thread or anything. Just a background world building detail.

I've been lukewarm on Suikoden without the original creator though so I'm definitely off the train even if they restart it.

Oct 27, 2017
I... don't think I have any "favorite" stories that are unfinished. I used to like the ASOIAF books, but that was over ten years and two mediocre books ago.

I can't say I feel the same. A Dance With Dragons is my favourite book in the series, A Feast For Crows was great and The Foresaken preview chapter from TWOW is among favourite stuff that Martin has written. I'm still feeling good about the series and Martin can take as long as he feel he needs.

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
I really wish Robert Musil had been able to finish The Man Without Qualities. Would've been so awesome.

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
Which would friggin sucks because Lavi was my favorite character, and not knowing his fate after last we saw him is buuuuullshit!

Since this flashback arc will probably take a few more chapters, Lavi might not appear until next year. 😔

He's forever stuck in that chair, possibly dying from parasites.

Rentaru

Nov 14, 2017
I dont understand why Togashi just cant write the story and let kishimoto do the art ... or anyone of his choosing. kinda hard to make up excuses for him

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I can't say I feel the same. A Dance With Dragons is my favourite book in the series, A Feast For Crows was great and The Foresaken preview chapter from TWOW is among favourite stuff that Martin has written. I'm still feeling good about the series and Martin can take as long as he feel he needs.

Different strokes on the books; I personally found AFDC positively soporific due to the cast and events it focuses on. ADWD, while better simply due to the subject material, is easily 50% longer than it should be and positively dripping with the self-indulgence of an author no longer concerned with any kind of editing for conciseness and pacing. That said, you may want to make peace with the fact there is a substantial chance the series will never be finished, or perhaps more likely, finished by another person.

Madao

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Panama
most of the stories i follow have ended and the few that haven't do have an end in sight *knocks on wood for One Piece*

i also have refused to start any of the series mentioned in the OP precisely because of that. being stringed for a long-ass ride to be met with no end seems like a big waste of time.

jman912

Dec 31, 2018
Knowing that Hayao Miyazaki is working on a film at 79 years old that is 15% complete after 3.5 years makes me.... nervous.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
Yeah, I was really looking forward to the Bernie presidency, but I'll never get that ending

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Meh. It's not like everything will be finished before I die so I'm not too worried about it.

Daingurse

Oct 25, 2017
I dont understand why Togashi just cant write the story and let kishimoto do the art ... or anyone of his choosing. kinda hard to make up excuses for him
He doesn't seem to be willing to let go of the reins. Interviews I've read make it seem like drawing the manga himself is very important to him. He seems to be adamant about his process. And while I also would prefer to see his complete artistic vision, I'm at the point where I would read a damn book written by Togashi, that completes the story with no art at all!

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
Tron: Uprising

Does Kingdom Hearts count? I know for a fact that this series will probably end when Nomura leaves SE or dies whatever comes first and all I want is a solid end where I can say "thanks for the rotten memories"
Not played the DLC, but Kingdom Hearts 3 can serve as an ending since it gives a happy ending to most of the characters and a bittersweet ending to others.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
You pretty much mentioned the only ones I'm truly dreading never seeing the end to: Berserk and Hunter X Hunter. Haven't gotten around to the GoT books so I have no affinity for the fans demanding that series end. In general there aren't many books, shows or films standing unfinished that I regularly think about anyway.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Knowing that Scott Lynch's depression and anxiety will likely prevent him from ever finishing The Gentlemen Bastard sequence, let alone the Thorn of Emberlain has been a constant, and sad running joke for my friends and I. Every year we'll bring up what we've heard as the current release date at our christmas party before getting a little sad and having more drinks. Such a good series that I hope he'll one day be able to bring himself back to.

GentlemanBastards.jpg

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Not played the DLC, but Kingdom Hearts 3 can serve as an ending since it gives a happy ending to most of the characters and a bittersweet ending to others.

Eeeh...Sora being "dead"/in another worldline or whatever doesn't really sit well with me.
I actually enjoyed all of the previous games and really hated KH3, so I honestly wouldn't want that to be the end. I just want an ending sometime in the next decade that doesn't leave any loose ends.

Jiggy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
wherever
I sort of accepted the fact a while ago that one day Hunter x Hunter will go on hiatus and simply never return. Give how long the current hiatus has been this might actually be it. The Succession arc feels so massive and complex that it's hard to imagine Togashi ever completing it at his current pace.

ASOIAF is the other big one. George is over 70 and he doesn't have a Christopher Tolkien to carry on his legacy. We'll probably get Winds but the last book will always be a dream.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
latest

And I'm NOT ALONE! Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!

Sonic SATM.

I know it was debunked that this was going to be Metal Sonic, but I still remember being super-hyped as a kid when I saw this and kept hoping/praying for another season.

While Giant Robo had a pretty definitive ending (after years of hiatus over the final episode), it still set up a whole new story that I was really hoping to see.

Rampage

Oct 27, 2017
Metro Detriot
Reboot TV show. (yes I am ignoring what ever comic and the new show that came out.)

I just really hated how Mainframe purposely ended on a cliff hanger. It would have been better to have just keep the 2 seasons that a proper closure, instead of adding the third.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno if there's anything to finish really. The games are pretty self contained. It would've been nice to see Harmonia or whatever but it wasn't a dangling plot thread or anything. Just a background world building detail.

I've been lukewarm on Suikoden without the original creator though so I'm definitely off the train even if they restart it.

We never got to learn about each of the 27 True Runes, see Harmonia or what the deal was with Hikusaak, pr a conclusion of conflict between Pesmerga and Yuber, or learn more about the mystery of the Sindar. I assume there was some kind of plan for at least some of these.

And yeah, I'm not really keen on more Suikoden without Murayama either. And I think the Suikoden team after he left felt kinda the same, as they seemed hesitant about exploring the timeline further. The last two games were both alt-universe spin-offs, and both 4 and 5 were prequels, focusing on the far-off Island Nations and Queendom of Falena. Instead of exploring Harmonia or touch on the Sindar, as well as not bringing back either Pesmerga or Yuber.

Last edited:

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I came to terms with A Song of Ice and Fire never being completed years ago.

Over a decade ago a comic publisher called CrossGen went out of business. They were kind of like the second coming of Image at the time. One of their books was called Way of the Rat, from famed Bat-family writer Chuck Dixon. The publisher went under, mismanagement or somesuch, so that story never got completely told. I was hoping it would find a second life in digital comics but I suppose there were rights issues and Dixon just no longer caring as he got older. Which is fine. It had a good run. But I really wish he had managed to bring it to a proper conclusion.

hydro94530

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area
I'm still pissed to this day that Sarah Connor Chronicles was cancelled. Really wanted to see how that would have gone.

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
I really loved the Resurrection of Magic books because their narrative device is great dramatic storytelling (one past character and one present character) but the author has Alzheimer's so she's not likely to release the third book in the Trilogy. I really wanted to see what happens between the past and present that caused the two magician characters to change so drastically.

Rae

Mar 7, 2019
Feels like there isn't an ending in sight for D.Gray-man.

The release schedule is completely understandable, but lordy does Hoshino still pace the story like a weekly manga.

Recently I gave up on DGM since it's been over a decade and the story went off the rails for so long lol. In a way you can consider the anime spinoff the true ending since it's the closest to resolution in the series.