• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sain

Nov 13, 2017
Yep. Went for my standard check-up in June/July. Dentist and Hygienist were both wearing masks and face shields. Felt about as safe as it realistically could be.

Blank

Oct 27, 2017
just put off my appointment recently. Was just a cleaning but I'm nearing a year without one so that's not great....

Like, I'm sure it's fine? They've been open for a while now without issue but, like haircuts, it doesn't really seem worth the risk when I can just take care of my teeth and hair (reasonably well) at home.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
I went for a cleaning back in July. The precautions that I saw (there were probably more I didn't see) at my dentist were:
  • Waiting room closed; I had to stay in my car until my appointment was next.
  • Masks required until I was in the exam room
  • Dentist and assistant wore double masks and face shields
  • No spitbowls or any dental tools that could produce aerosol sprays. The assistant used that suction hose to keep my mouth clear of fluid during the cleaning.
Edit: Just remembered I had to get an IR temp check before I could get into the building too.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
I went for my regular check-up in May and it was perfectly fine (my kids had theirs a week after I did). Our dentist and hygienists are always masked anyways, they did temp checks when you arrived, the rooms are all separated, and they reduced the amount of normal appointments they taken in to give extra time for extra cleaning between patients.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I went for a cleaning back in July. The precautions that I saw (there were probably more I didn't see) at my dentist were:
  • Waiting room closed; I had to stay in my car until my appointment was next.
  • Masks required until I was in the exam room
  • Dentist and assistant wore double masks and face shields
  • No spitbowls or any dental tools that could produce aerosol sprays. The assistant used that suction hose to keep my mouth clear of fluid during the cleaning.
At my dentist I had to sanitize my mouth with something that tasted terrible. My dentist was also wearing a full respirator

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
i went for a cleaning a few weeks ago. It was fine. They had limit on people im the office, take temperatures and everyone was in masks. I had to go back to get a chipped tooth fixed. The experience was fine.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
Yeah, had a long overdue cleaning a week ago. They checked my temperature and had distanced seating in the waiting room. No issues.

Cosmic Bus

Oct 27, 2017
NY
Three times. Cleaning/check-up, and two visits to replace some 35-year old silver fillings and get a one porcelain crown. Wanted to get it all taken care of before my dental insurance runs out. 😩

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
I've held off on a much needed vision checkup up until last week as the astigmatism in my right eye started to get worse than my left eye and it was actively giving me headaches. They had temp checks, sanitizers, sterile masks to wear rather than your own, and the doctor was cover as much as needed. I felt as safe as I'm gonna feel during this pandemic.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah, I remember getting some Listerine concoction too. I didn't peg that as a COVID precaution at the time.
I believe it was hydrogen peroxide for me and it was definitely a COVID precaution.
The whole thing kind of sucked cause it was a new dentist for me, does great work, but he has a pretty thick accent which I normally have no issues understanding but...thru a respirator I had almost no idea what he was saying which added a bit to the uncomfortable factor. Thankfully it ended well and the work was good but it wasn't fun overall.

Storminormin

Jan 14, 2018
I've been twice. For checkup/cleaning a month ago and got a filling today.
They are at least trying to be safe. With both face shields and face masks. They also added plastic curtains everywhere and stuff to try and prevent aerosol spread.

Souzetsu

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
California
Yes, for a routing cleaning. It felt about the same as before since everyone already wore masks around their office. Only difference was having me rinse my mouth out with a peroxide solution before doing any dental work.

Lionel Mandrake

Prophetic Lionel Mandrake
Oct 26, 2017
I went last week.

Waiting room was closed. You waited in your car then the office called you where you approached the door and they took your temp, made sure you had your mask, then had you go to their handwashing station. They take you to the back where they have you do some precautionary rinse. They were all in full face shields and they had some protective screening put up as well. They also didn't use the usual ultrasonic and other tools that could disperse particles in the air--just picks and suction. All in all, it seemed pretty safe.

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Nah. I chipped a tooth but live in Georgia, so there's no way ill feel safe going to the dentist over here. I'll fix it in a few months when im back in Korea. I've been back in GA for like a week and have already seen more maskless people than I have in the last 6 months of Korea.

Gabriel

Oct 25, 2017
I've been to my dentist once for a cleaning/checkup, and to my orthodontist twice because I'm in the middle of a course of invisalign. Felt safer than I do at the store.

Sinatar

Oct 25, 2017
Just went last week. Had to fill out a 'rona questionnaire, they checked my temperature and I had to sanitize my hands at a station they set up before I could even set foot inside.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Nope. My last cleaning was just before March too but I'm not going back until things have really settled down and actual vaccines are available. Just keeping my teeth as clean as possible, thankfully don't have any issues that need taking care of.

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
Had a cleaning scheduled for July but I cancelled it out of paranoia. Don't think I'll go back for a while.

gcubed

Oct 25, 2017
Between dentist and orthodontist I'm in an office once a month. Been fine and super clean.

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Went for a checkup. Rooms were all covered in plastic sheets. Felt like I was gonna get killed by Dexter. Otherwise was good.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Yep

The place I go to handled it really well, they make you wait in your car and you have to phone them to let them know you've arrived and then they send someone to take your temperature before you can go inside. I felt pretty safe.

MadScientist

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, went a couple months ago. My dentist is real good about taking all the necessary precautions. Regular dental cleanings are super important for not only oral health but overall health. Not taking care of this every 6 months can lead to much bigger issues. Even during a pandemic, I think it's important to keep up on this and not something to delay.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
Been holding off for a while now, buuuut I just chipped my tooth last week, and it has been an endless cycle of annoyance.

Want to go get it filled, but am scared cause of Rona.

Have any of y'all gone in recent months? Is it still a bad idea to go?
I have not but i need to as i have two teeth needing pulled and a thorough cleaning but as its to risky to go out as three compromised people reside here including me its a no go. because Areas that are like that are ripe for infection as people in america seem to hate masks and do not care if others get sick so as long as those people exist or this issue is resolved in some manner i am stuck waiting.

Waffles

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yes. In NYC - went for my cleaning about 3 weeks ago. They were very cautious and thorough.

Hresvelg

Feb 22, 2020
Every single week since quarantine started unfortunately lmao due to a jaw surgery that took place exactly 5 days before everything shut down. To say I was scared shitless during those first couple months would be an understatement lol

TK-421

Nov 30, 2017
Death Star
Yes for my biannual cleaning last month. They were always on top of things before, now it's really crazy all the precautions they go through.

Calamari41

Oct 25, 2017
Dentist offices are probably the places that were most set up to abide by the necessary precautions to begin with. Masks, equipment sterilization, surface disinfection, etc. You're going to be worked on by someone fully masked and gloved, likely with a face shield, using ultra sterilized equipment and disposable coverings for you. You're probably much safer in a dentist's office than a place like a supermarket.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
My whole family went for routine cleaning/check ups last month. It was fine. I am pretty meticulous about my teeth so I went first, felt safe, clean etc. so my wife went the next week with our children.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
yes, I had a permanent crown installed in February, my 6 monthly was delayed to end of May initially but I wanted to make sure that the crown had "took" for lack of a better term.

I have another coming up in November, and will likely attend. temp checks, standard "do not attend but postpone if you feel ill" plus everyone was wearing n95 masks and face shields.

everyone was required to wash their hands, then face, then antibacterial mouthwash, then wash hands again prior to sitting in the chair.

LanceX2

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. temp checked.

need 4 fillings abd deep clean. 1700 with insurance.

fuckin BS but I want my teeth.

oct 21 and 29 to do it all

NeverWas

Feb 28, 2019
I've gone a few times. Can't speak for yours, but my dentist's office is well prepared with safety measures and sterilization.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
i went last month for a cleaning and going next month to get a cavity filled.

They only let one person stay in the waiting room at a time, masks are required, temperature was taken, and you need to bring your own pen to sign anything.

Everyone working there was wearing PPE. Not concerned about going a second time.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Yeah, it was like the normal stuff, patients wearing masks, staff wearing PPEs, besides that they were normal interventions. I'd say the dentist is about the least likely place you would get coronavirus.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i went last month for a cleaning and going next month to get a cavity filled.

They only let one person stay in the waiting room at a time, masks are required, temperature was taken, and you need to bring your own pen to sign anything.

Everyone working there was wearing PPE. Not concerned about going a second time.
Same here, I'm in Canada if it makes a difference. They had a zero tolerance policy on mask wearing. The dentist and hygienists had full face shields as well as masks. They also sanitized the chair afterwards.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. Still come in for my routine cleanings and I actually got two wisdom teeth pulled out over the summer.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
No but I'll be doing that here soon. About to make an appointment this week and start the process for getting the plastic braces. Only twenty years late.

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
Yes. Went for a checkup that I moved up twice. It was weird but the dentist and assistants all wore masks.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
I've been going once a month for some orthodontics follow-up (after a decade, some repair work needed to be done). They check temps at the door and make you fill out a questionnaire before each visit and nobody but patients are allowed and only one at a time.

jonathanp

Oct 28, 2017
I had regular appointments for cleaning and my next one was scheduled for March, but then COVID happened and I never went and I haven't rescheduled.

I probably will soon.