• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
I'm thinking of moving sometime within the next three years, and one part of researching various potential places to live that I always find interesting is the views from highrise apartments and condos. As such, I figured that I'd see if anyone here was interested in posting a photo (or multiple photos) of the view from their place (or from somewhere they stayed during a vacation), even if it's not within a highrise building. If you're comfortable with doing so, then please provide your city name, as well. Of course, for safety reasons, please don't post photos that would allow someone to pinpoint your exact location. I'm especially interested in San Diego and Seattle, but I'd appreciate photos of views from anywhere interesting.

ZealousD

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
ghM57BH.jpg

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
I have an awesome whole wall window in my living room. Unfortunately the house across the street has been under construction for the last 7 months so I have a garbage view out of it.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
sorry.... this is my house
YCQGPIT.jpg

this is the view from my balcony
Be4qAZ8.jpg

T9z1DqZ.jpg

1X06Niv.jpg

hyFfwGO.jpg

XxMCHCz.jpg

this is from the harbor where you can see my house in the distance on the left..
FGL3uR6.jpg

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Recently renovated, had a thread about it here

I like the view from my bedroom a lot. The actual view leaves some to be desired, just a city, but I like that. Cloudy day picture :0

u1WB9Le.jpg

Was able to watch the St Patty's day parade from there. It's just windows on windows in my place:

0plbv94.jpg

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
This used to be mine for 9 years, overlooking downtown Manhattan. Needed more space, so had to give it up - we have a view of a train track now :(

chirt

Oct 25, 2017
Faroe Islands.. very small town with around 300 people.

I will have to ask my wife..

I was honestly gonna say Faroe Islands, but I thought surely not, nobody lives there XD
One of my favorite bands is from the Faroe Islands, Tyr.

My fiance is really cool, I'm sure she and your wife will get along just fine...

hanmik

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I was honestly gonna say Faroe Islands, but I thought surely not, nobody lives there XD
One of my favorite bands is from the Faroe Islands, Tyr.

My fiance is really cool, I'm sure she and your wife will get along just fine...

lol..

Tyr is a great band. I used to party with the original frontman/leadsinger from the band. Almost every weekend..he always ended up to drunk, sometimes with different parts from a toilet on him (like the seat over his head).. he had to resign because of his health.

chirt

Oct 25, 2017
lol..

Tyr is a great band. I used to party with the original frontman/leadsinger from the band. Almost every weekend..he always ended up to drunk, sometimes with different parts from a toilet on him (like the seat over his head).. he had to resign because of his health.

Oh, well I hope he is doing well now.

How is the internet out there? Does it accept American immigrants? Asking for a friend...

hanmik

Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I have a 75/10 line at my home.. it costs about $76 US dollars... it works that is all.

He is doing fine, he took up singing again, and has his own projects going.

about the immigrants.. no probs.. but you need to bring the women.

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-39703486

OP
OP
kubev

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
Recently renovated, had a thread about it here

I like the view from my bedroom a lot. The actual view leaves some to be desired, just a city, but I like that. Cloudy day picture :0

u1WB9Le.jpg

Was able to watch the St Patty's day parade from there. It's just windows on windows in my place:

0plbv94.jpg
It's always nice to have a lot of natural light when you want it. Amusingly, part of why I like highrise views is due to some of the public events you can see from them. Looking at places in San Diego, I noticed that you can find places that overlook stadiums, as well.

Faroe Islands.. very small town with around 300 people.
There was a time when I was researching islands within the U.S. with small populations. Very interesting!

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
It's always nice to have a lot of natural light when you want it. Amusingly, part of why I like highrise views is due to some of the public events you can see from them. Looking at places in San Diego, I noticed that you can find places that overlook stadiums, as well.

I went to a wedding last year overlooking the stadium, was awesome, I probably watched more of the game than hanging out at the reception lol.

Aw3w9mW.jpg

OP
OP
kubev

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
I went to a wedding last year overlooking the stadium, was awesome, I probably watched more of the game than hanging out at the reception lol.

Aw3w9mW.jpg
Nice! I've never really been into baseball, but I was thinking that it might just be one of those things that I'd show more interest in if I had more exposure to it. That's a great view, by the way.

boxter432

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
backyard view after some snow in Feb in MN. op[en space before the woods in the back is a little inlet of water between two lakes.
all the tracks are deer/maybe coyotes...
qf5RIcH.jpg

the tree on the way right in pic 1 is on the left here in this pic taken one morning when some Deer were snooping for some grass or something under the snow.
nkaLZrU.jpg

OP
OP
kubev

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
backyard view after some snow in Feb in MN. op[en space before the woods in the back is a little inlet of water between two lakes.
all the tracks are deer/maybe coyotes...
qf5RIcH.jpg

the tree on the way right in pic 1 is on the left here in this pic taken one morning when some Deer were snooping for some grass or something under the snow.
nkaLZrU.jpg
Do you own a lot of the wooded land behind your house?

menacer

Dec 15, 2018
I can see the huge ass Brooklyn Point skyscraper they are still building from my bedroom but that's about it.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
12006252_10153236065017695_6701774594851852273_n.jpg

Not quite the apartment but close enough. Unobstructed view of Manhattan. This from around 9/11 two years ago.