• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tayaya

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I tried to wait for this release but cracked and bought Mega 39's instead. It's a solid game and feels every bit as fun to play as Future Tone. It's better than the Vita games, and has become my new go-to music game for air travel (whenever we get back to that). Ya'll are gonna like it!

Stefarno

I ... survived Sedona
Oct 27, 2017
I imported the Japanese version and this might just be me but I find the asymmetrical layout of the Switch really throws me off when using the sticks.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
The demo felt AWFUL to play on a Switch lite, which has super mushy buttons compared to a PSP/Vita/PS3/PS4....
Probably gonna skip this one

PhantomArtifice

Lead Administrator at Final Weapon
Verified
Apr 24, 2019
USA
Can't wait to pick this up, been waiting for Miku Switch for forever. Game looks fantastic, I really enjoyed the demo.

TheShampion

Oct 27, 2017
Downloaded the demo, and looks to be pretty much a portable version of the Future/Colorful Tone game on PS4, and that is perfect for me! Looking forward to this.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
7l3EMT0.png

heh

egg1111115

Nov 12, 2017
CA
As huge fan of rhythm games but never having a console that Project Diva was on, I loved Project Mirai DX for the 3DS. I'll definitely be picking this up. For a more recent Miku game fan, do you veterans think the Mega Pack version is worth paying $20 more for? Are there like some killer tracks I'll be missing out on if I don't go for that?

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
Tried the demo, but I don't know, felt weird to me. I'll stay with Groove Coaster for now.

touchfuzzy

Banned
Jul 27, 2019
As huge fan of rhythm games but never having a console that Project Diva was on, I loved Project Mirai DX for the 3DS. I'll definitely be picking this up. For a more recent Miku game fan, do you veterans think the Mega Pack version is worth paying $20 more for? Are there like some killer tracks I'll be missing out on if I don't go for that?

Wondering this too, I'm interested in the game from the demo and 100 songs seems like a LOT already, do I need to spend another $20 for another 35?

Oct 27, 2017
Just tried the demo. Don't think I'll be getting it since I already have future tone and I prefer the ps4 controller to the joy con. I probably would get it if I didn't, though.

Also, are the beatmaps just the same as future tones? Arifureta sekai seifuku at least feels exactly the same.

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
Just tried the demo. Don't think I'll be getting it since I already have future tone and I prefer the ps4 controller to the joy con. I probably would get it if I didn't, though.

Also, are the beatmaps just the same as future tones? Arifureta sekai seifuku at least feels exactly the same.

Are a lot of the songs repeats from Future Tone? I was going to get this, but I already played the heck out of Future Tone...

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017
Is this game getting a physical release in the west? I don't see preorder for one on Amazon.

Deleted member 34873

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 29, 2017
So this game is like $30 for the Mega Pack with all the DLC on the Mexican eShop. Is there a list comparing the songs missing from this game compared to Future Tone? I've never really gotten into Miku.

Wowfunhappy

Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone who is Pretty Good at Project Diva played the JP release?

I'm concerned that duel-wielding in extreme songs will be awkward on the offset-analog-stick Joycons.

Plum

May 31, 2018
I'm torn on whether I want to get this game. This'll be the first Hatsune Miku game I buy because, whilst I've always had a 'desire' to play the games, I've never actually picked one up. However the fact this is on Switch really makes me consider it. I've got two hours to decide, though, as I'd want to get that pre-order song.

For a complete beginner would people say that the regular version is worth it?

Jun 23, 2019
So this game is like $30 for the Mega Pack with all the DLC on the Mexican eShop. Is there a list comparing the songs missing from this game compared to Future Tone? I've never really gotten into Miku.

To be quiet honest, game is a rip off compared to FT. FT has 227 songs while Mega has like 170+ give or take. Not to mention a good majority of the DLC is some of the most popular songs from the series. Like I want to buy it, but going from FT to this is bothering me.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California

I'm concerned that duel-wielding in extreme songs will be awkward on the offset-analog-stick Joycons.

Not JP copy, but I got a review copy and I've played every game since f on Vita, and even went backwards to play Extend on PSP.

Dual wielding is fine, I haven't had a problem with it. Only thing that's notably a pain is hold notes if you're used to using macros on bumpers.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
The song list is way less than FT but youre still getting a lot of songs and plenty of the newer more fun charts too.
I'm torn on whether I want to get this game. This'll be the first Hatsune Miku game I buy because, whilst I've always had a 'desire' to play the games, I've never actually picked one up. However the fact this is on Switch really makes me consider it. I've got two hours to decide, though, as I'd want to get that pre-order song.

For a complete beginner would people say that the regular version is worth it?
Get the regular version if you dont want to commit too much. Theres easy and normal mode charts for most but not all songs to help you get used to the game. I chanced on FT as my first miku game randomly too and it really stuck with me.

I played JP Megamix for about 20 hours and dabbled with extreme and ex extreme songs quite a bit.
Handheld mode honestly is almost impossible to get perfects on extreme. The switch just isnt comfortable enough. It's alright for normal play but dont expect much on handheld mode.
In table top mode with the joycon grip it's much more manageable but still cant compare to a dualshock 4. Dual wielding is okay but slides are a bit weird and hitting bumpers/triggers for macros and holds is still terrible even with the grip. Playing with a pro controller or similar controller is also a non starter because while you get good triggers and bumpers you get stuck with a cross style d-pad which will definitely get you misinputs when dual wielding unlike with a DS4 or Joycons.

Overall DS4 is still the best way to play this sort of game but Joycons in grip mode is more than fine especially if you forsake holds and macros.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
been working on my review on this... its a rhythm game alright.
Dual wielding is done well too, but as Theswweet said, wrist pain does eventually occur holding notes for a long time.

Pastel Melon

Jan 2, 2020
Germany
Does anyone know when it will be unlocked in Europe? I bought and preloaded it and it's past midnight already, still not playable for me.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Get the regular version if you dont want to commit too much. Theres easy and normal mode charts for most but not all songs to help you get used to the game. I chanced on FT as my first miku game randomly too and it really stuck with me.

Thanks! My only worry is that the music packs are all ÂŁ6 each with no Season Pass option, so if I do end up really liking the game and wanting more I'll have to pay ÂŁ36 extra to get everything instead of the ÂŁ17.50 extra it costs bundled.

Are the 100-or-so songs already there a good value? I don't know.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Thanks! My only worry is that the music packs are all ÂŁ6 each with no Season Pass option, so if I do end up really liking the game and wanting more I'll have to pay ÂŁ36 extra to get everything instead of the ÂŁ17.50 extra it costs bundled.

Are the 100-or-so songs already there a good value? I don't know.
I felt like of the 100 or so base songs they got a lot of really good ones, especially the newer one. But as far as value goes, my opinion was skewed by future tone which has ridiculous value so I might be bias.

For comparison past games would be around the same price but have 30-35 songs and some other elements like virtual interaction with the idols. So I guess compared to games pre future tone it's great value since it's way more songs

Plum

May 31, 2018
I felt like of the 100 or so base songs they got a lot of really good ones, especially the newer one. But as far as value goes, my opinion was skewed by future tone which has ridiculous value so I might be bias.

For comparison past games would be around the same price but have 30-35 songs and some other elements like virtual interaction with the idols. So I guess compared to games pre future tone it's great value since it's way more songs

Damn, I'm really not sure. I feel like I might like this game but I just don't know lol I've always had this problem with these games because for some weird reason I'm not 100% sure whether I want to buy them or not.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Fuck it, just pre-ordered the Mega Pack (in the nick of time). Sometimes I just need to get over my purchase anxiety and just buy something lol

In the end I figured that if I'm gonna get into this series I might as well get something with as much content as possible (and on a console I'll actually play it on lol).

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just downloaded the deluxe pack, I'm readyyyy

So glad this game exists on Switch, I like Miku games but I really didn't like the artstyle for Future Tone

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Fuck it, just pre-ordered the Mega Pack (in the nick of time). Sometimes I just need to get over my purchase anxiety and just buy something lol

In the end I figured that if I'm gonna get into this series I might as well get something with as much content as possible (and on a console I'll actually play it on lol).
Have fun. If you need gameplay tips, dont be afraid to ask. My learning process with Project diva was so messed up as I ended up going through multiple control schemes before finding out the best way to play lol

ClayModel

Oct 29, 2017
Having played the demo, I feel this is a bit weaker compared to the last miku vita game. I do not like having to press all four buttons at the same time thing they're doing in this one. I much prefer the last vita miku game with changing visuals based on how well you're doing and the controls were IMO better as well.

I'm still gonna play this since it's more Miku rhythm game though.

Mzen

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I'm already 13 hours into the 15th of May and the game still isn't available on my side of Europe-Land, what gives?

It seems like I always run into some funkiness whenever I pre-order stuff from the Nintendo eShop, it's like each title has a life of its own. Does anyone know when this should be available?