• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
pariah164

pariah164

Oct 25, 2017
Found this for Future Tone on GFAQs:
HgG11BQ.png

List of songs with Multi Voice Tracks?! - Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone - Colorful Tone

For Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone - Colorful Tone on the PlayStation 4, a GameFAQs message board topic titled "List of songs with Multi Voice Tracks?!".
Eyyy, thank you!

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
RDrnFJ6.jpg

extremely mad that this 1 miss was a slide note i absolutely hit (playing in tap mode)

also this was a sightread on the megamix/arcade beatmap, i just knew the song from too many hours of project diva f lol

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Seriously fuck the joycons man. My left joycon is drifting so bad now that I cant even reliably hit sliders with that stick now and my play style heavily revolved around hitting sliders with my left hand. I'm terrible at doing them with my right. Might have to bench the game till I grab a new pair smh

RDrnFJ6.jpg

extremely mad that this 1 miss was a slide note i absolutely hit (playing in tap mode)

also this was a sightread on the megamix/arcade beatmap, i just knew the song from too many hours of project diva f lol
1 miss/safe stings so hard all the time

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Bought this today, boyfriend is very happy.
From a cursory listen to the previews of the new songs Teo is amazing and my favourite.

toythatkills

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
This game really shows up how bad the right joycon connects in TV mode, missing probably 20% of notes because I'm slightly too far away from my Switch and the connection lags so much. Tried with my SF30 Pro and the face buttons have a bit too much travel so it's hard to press notes quickly in succession - still better than the joycon though!

Pretty much tied to handheld mode at the moment if I want to go beyond easy songs.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
I like that they at least all caps the english words in the lyrics, if they aren't allowed to translate them to english.

"Kansas Verses Jesus Police" is the best nonsensical english phrase I've seen.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
This game really shows up how bad the right joycon connects in TV mode, missing probably 20% of notes because I'm slightly too far away from my Switch and the connection lags so much. Tried with my SF30 Pro and the face buttons have a bit too much travel so it's hard to press notes quickly in succession - still better than the joycon though!

Pretty much tied to handheld mode at the moment if I want to go beyond easy songs.
I play in TV mode and have had only the very occasional issue with inputs. Definitely nothing gamebreaking to any extent.

underZ

Feb 2, 2018
On the one hand it's great that this is on the Switch but on the other hand they are completely and utterly milking as much value out of Switch owners as possible. The game actually uses untouched Future Tone PS4 assets to the extent that if you have a moddable Switch unit you can dump the assets from Future Tone PS4 and have every missing track made available in the Switch version.

There was no technical limitation and very little extra work required to bring the entire tracklist over to Switch, it's simply a business decision. Something to be aware of if you're considering purchasing this.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
On the one hand it's great that this is on the Switch but on the other hand they are completely and utterly milking as much value out of Switch owners as possible. The game actually uses untouched Future Tone PS4 assets to the extent that if you have a moddable Switch unit you can dump the assets from Future Tone PS4 and have every missing track made available in the Switch version.

There was no technical limitation and very little extra work required to bring the entire tracklist over to Switch, it's simply a business decision. Something to be aware of if you're considering purchasing this.
You do realize how much licensing goes into these games, right? They don't just exclude songs because they're lazy or don't feel like it.

underZ

Feb 2, 2018
You do realize how much licensing goes into these games, right? They don't just exclude songs because they're lazy or don't feel like it.

So you believe they have the necessary contracts to use all these tracks in the PS4 version worldwide but not for the Switch version? Possible I guess.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
So you believe they have the necessary contracts to use all these tracks in the PS4 version worldwide but not for the Switch version? Possible I guess.
If the contract was only for Future Tone, then they can't just include the full list of tracks from that game without renegotiating.

underZ

Feb 2, 2018
If the contract was only for Future Tone, then they can't just include the full list of tracks from that game without renegotiating.

it doesn't excuse the fact that they're already milking what they have with 6 DLC packs, Switch owners are getting terrible value compared to the PS4 offering.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
it doesn't excuse the fact that they're already milking what they have with 6 DLC packs, Switch owners are getting terrible value compared to the PS4 offering.
OK.

Again, just because they could on a technical level doesn't mean they could on a legal one. And as someone that bought Future Tone (and Diva F, F2, and X) I don't have a problem with buying a Switch game with a song list that isn't as big as FT's.

Maybe you have a problem? OK, good for you. But maybe cut back on the conspiracy theory "greedy/lazy devs" nonsense until you can prove they had the legal capacity to release the full track list in the base game at a $60 price.

Deleted member 2474

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
re: the abbreviated track list compared to future tone, bear in mind they also had to make new charts for every song in mix mode.

underZ

Feb 2, 2018
OK.

Again, just because they could on a technical level doesn't mean they could on a legal one. And as someone that bought Future Tone (and Diva F, F2, and X) I don't have a problem with buying a Switch game with a song list that isn't as big as FT's.

Maybe you have a problem? OK, good for you. But maybe cut back on the conspiracy theory "greedy/lazy devs" nonsense until you can prove they had the legal capacity to release the full track list in the base game at a $60 price.

Why do you seem to personally offended and why are you being so incredibly defensive? Do you work for or are you affiliated with Sega? You aren't obligated to defend them because you've bought and love all those Hatsune Miku games - I don't know why you told me which games you own but congratulations on buying all of those I guess.

I don't know and I can't confirm whether they have the necessary contracts to offer the full track listing to Switch owners, that's a good point. You however cannot prove that they don't have those contracts or weren't able to get them and it's reasonable to assume they would have been able to get them considering their existing relationship and ability to offer at least half the track list.

Regardless of the above, they are milking a half track list for awful value with six tiny DLC packs and perhaps more to come.

Deleted member 2474

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
if future tone didn't exist no one on the planet would think this game is a bad value. it's only a bad value in comparison to future tone, which has frankly one of the most absolutely insane song-count:price ratios of any rhythm game i've ever seen

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
Why do you seem to personally offended and why are you being so incredibly defensive? Do you work for or are you affiliated with Sega? You aren't obligated to defend them because you've bought and love all those Hatsune Miku games - I don't know why you told me which games you own but congratulations on buying all of those I guess.

I don't know and I can't confirm whether they have the necessary contracts to offer the full track listing to Switch owners, that's a good point. You however cannot prove that they don't have those contracts or weren't able to get them and it's reasonable to assume they would have been able to get them considering their existing relationship and ability to offer at least half the track list.

Regardless of the above, they are milking a half track list for awful value with six tiny DLC packs and perhaps more to come.
I'm not being defensive, nor do I work for Sega. I have no stake in defending them. But if you're the one making accusations, you should be the one coming up with the evidence.

re: the abbreviated track list compared to future tone, bear in mind they also had to make new charts for every song in mix mode.
This is also a good point right here.

underZ

Feb 2, 2018
I'm not being defensive, nor do I work for Sega. I have no stake in defending them. But if you're the one making accusations, you should be the one coming up with the evidence.

I already conceded that the point you made about licensing was a good one and something I didn't fully consider.

I still feel that the value proposition compared to what is available on PS4 is terrible for Switch owners and Sega could have done better. It's the pricing of the tiny DLC packs in particular, which have slowly been restoring content only available on PS4 that really brought the issue to the fore for me.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I already conceded that the point you made about licensing was a good one and something I didn't fully consider.

I still feel that the value proposition compared to what is available on PS4 is terrible for Switch owners and Sega could have done better. It's the pricing of the tiny DLC packs in particular, which have slowly been restoring content only available on PS4 that really brought the issue to the fore for me.
You do realize the DLC pricing almost certainly involves the song licensing, right?

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
That's not information you're privy to, neither is anything else that you've suggested so far. They are theories.
Where do you think that money goes?

Also, Mega Mix's DLC pricing isn't even the worst for a Switch rhythm game. Look up Groove Coaster's DLC prices.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
You have no idea where the money goes, you are making assumptions which is something you chastised me for initially.
If you don't think any of that money doesn't go to the license holders of the packed music (as is standard for music DLC across rhythm games), I don't know what to tell you. Yes, some of that money goes to Sega, but they have to split the money with the people that own the involved music.

underZ

Feb 2, 2018
If you don't think any of that money doesn't go to the license holders of the packed music (as is standard for music DLC across rhythm games), I don't know what to tell you. Yes, some of that money goes to Sega, but they have to split the money with the people that own the involved music.

Very true, you don't know what to tell me. That's because you as much as I have zero knowledge of the inner workings of the contracts and legal agreements made in regards to bringing this game to the Switch.

I've already conceded that it may have been down to contract issues but the facts of the matter are that the Switch version offers half of the content at more of the price and additionally Sega are selling small DLC pieces of content back on top of that. The value proposition is therefore, I feel, terrible for Switch owners and Sega could have done better. That's the only point I wanted to make.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
i dunno this might just end up being one of my most played games at this point and it seemed well price but its also my first miku game

underZ

Feb 2, 2018
i dunno this might just end up being one of my most played games at this point and it seemed well price but its also my first miku game

No surprise, it's an absolutely fantastic game! I'm just pointing out that they offer half the content for more of the price and then seek to milk that further with overpriced minimal content DLC.

They directly use PS4 assets in this game meaning development costs could not have been the same as making a game from scratch. Value wise, comparatively, it's a poor showing in my opinion.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Decided to check how my high scores rank with the current leader board and I managed to crack top 30 on 2 songs šŸ˜¬šŸ¤§. 23rd on catch the wave 16th on teo. I'm also just outside top 30 on a couple other songs where I think I can improve quickly

OP
OP
pariah164

pariah164

Oct 25, 2017
if future tone didn't exist no one on the planet would think this game is a bad value. it's only a bad value in comparison to future tone, which has frankly one of the most absolutely insane song-count:price ratios of any rhythm game i've ever seen
THIS.

Also, THIS.

Another thing I can't stress enough: not everyone owns a PS4.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I knew people would trash any future Project Diva title after the Future Tone PS4 port because of content reasons, but this is really getting out of hand. People shouldn't have to defend why they prefer or want to buy this one over any other title available on the market.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
It's worth pointing out that, in Japan, there was very much a technical limitation: the capacity of the 14gb cartridge the game was printed on.

OP
OP
pariah164

pariah164

Oct 25, 2017
I knew people would trash any future Project Diva title after the Future Tone PS4 port because of content reasons, but this is really getting out of hand. People shouldn't have to defend why they prefer or want to buy this one over any other title available on the market.
Exactly. Really starting to piss me off, tbh.

Last edited:

underZ

Feb 2, 2018
Exactly. Really starting to piss me off, tbh.

What a set incredibly bizarre comments. This is nothing to do with people "having to defend why they prefer or want to buy this one", it's a criticism of the value of the package and pricing that Sega has put on offer for my part at least. The fact that you take such comments personally infers some major insecurities on your part.

It's worth pointing out that, in Japan, there was very much a technical limitation: the capacity of the 14gb cartridge the game was printed on.

So potentially it was simply a case of cheaping out on cartridges, 32GB carts are available.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
What a set incredibly bizarre comments. This is nothing to do with people "having to defend why they prefer or want to buy this one", it's a criticism of the value of the package and pricing that Sega has put on offer for my part at least. The fact that you take such comments personally infers some major insecurities on your part.

So potentially it was simply a case of cheaping out on cartridges, 32GB carts are available.
It's more a case that you're more concerned with the misguided idea that Sega is taking people for a ride than anything else.

underZ

Feb 2, 2018
It's more a case that you're more concerned with the misguided idea that Sega is taking people for a ride than anything else.

I'm mainly criticising the pricing/value of the package as I see it, with a view to making potential Switch buyers of this game aware of what exactly they're getting here.

Most of these comments come across as people who already own the game feeling personally offended because I'm in some way devaluing their purchase by pointing this out, which is extremely strange.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
Available, yes, but I think you're vastly understating how much more that would have made the game cost. The premium sizes of Switch cartridges are absurdly expensive to produce.

I'm mainly criticising the pricing/value of the package as I see it, with a view to making potential Switch buyers of this game aware of what exactly they're getting here.

Most of these comments come across as people who already own the game feeling personally offended because I'm in some way devaluing their purchase by pointing this out, which is extremely strange.
What you're not getting is that you're not comparing apples to apples. The price to content ratio of the PS4 version means nothing to someone that doesn't own a PS4, or needs the freedom of the game being on a handheld.

OP
OP
pariah164

pariah164

Oct 25, 2017
S6FGmdw.gif

... That's exactly what you're doing.

underZ

Feb 2, 2018
Available, yes, but I think you're vastly understating how much more that would have made the game cost.

I'm aware of the apparent high cost of the 32GB carts. If this were the reason for the missing half of the game it doesn't mean that piecemeal missing content DLC packs should be sold back to buyers at extortionate cost.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I'm aware of the apparent high cost of the 32GB carts. If this were the reason for the missing half of the game it doesn't mean that piecemeal missing content DLC packs should be sold back to buyers at extortionate cost.
Extortionate is an overblown way to put it.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
User banned (5 days): hostility, prior related infractions
Then get over it quite frankly. If you feel that way it's down to your own insecurities.

I'm free to express how I feel about the value of the package.
Feel free to take your concern-trolling elsewhere.

Maika_Fan

Oct 28, 2017
If you don't own a PS4, enjoyed the demo and are thinking of buying it, it's a no brainier to me. Ā£34.99 / 39.39 US for 101 songs is great value.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
A couple of questions from me being new to the series:

- Does "player rank" do anything? Or just to feel good about yourself?
- Do hold notes and combos affect the clear percentage, or just the points?

OP
OP
pariah164

pariah164

Oct 25, 2017
A couple of questions from me being new to the series:

- Does "player rank" do anything? Or just to feel good about yourself?
- Do hold notes and combos affect the clear percentage, or just the points?
- It's just for online ranking. Otherwise, it does nothing.
- Yep! It's possible to get over 100% clear thanks to hold notes.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Jitterbug is my jam so far (and I love the art-style in the music video).

Didn't think I'd be enjoying this game as much as I am but here we are lol.

CloverNotes

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously... It's kinda ridiculous.

CloverNotes

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for posting again right after my other post...

So I got the 60 dollar version of the game to have the DLC packs included. I still need to purchase any new DLC packs that come out right?