• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
The Hasbro Selfie Series will let you scan your face through their app and they will add your likeness to a licensed action figure, with an official box and accessories.

Yes, for $60 you too can be a Power Ranger, Ghostbuster, GI Joe, a Star Wars or Marvel character. Maybe I'll take a Red Ranger.

View: https://youtu.be/b0eHpUR6F5I

I suppose you could print/paint your own head, if you had a 3d printer. Neat gift idea though.

Civilstrife

Oct 27, 2017
This is great, though I wish there was a way to surprise someone with it as a gift.

Kind of hard to do that if you need to scan their face with a specialized app that is branded with the Hasbro logo.

the chris

Dec 31, 2017
Would be cool to get a custom figure head on a generic GI Joe or Cobra trooper instead of Snake Eyes or Scarlett. Could possibly so Stormtroopers for Star Wars.

OP
OP
MisterHero

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
This is great, though I wish there was a way to surprise someone with it as a gift.

Kind of hard to do that if you need to scan their face with a specialized app that is branded with the Hasbro logo.
There's gotta be a market for general-purpose scanners where people scan their faces or bodies just to have on hand for whatever reason. Like a photobooth except it makes a 3d model of you. lol

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
When I was a kid G.I. Joe tried a version of this where "your" figure was just a guy in a mask but I think you could customize the info on the card?*

*they should still let you do that actually

This is on another level entirely.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is kind of cool for people who want it but the last person I would want a figure of is of my ugly face.

Apr 12, 2021
That's pretty cool, but something I don't really have any interest in.

It's bad enough I gotta see this in a mirror, that's more than plenty of me.

Daysean

Nov 15, 2017
let me put my black ass on a Gokaiger/GoOnger (Super Megaforce/RPM) figure and you got yourself an easy fucking 60$

Vinsanity

Nov 2, 2018
2kglitch-Optimized.jpg

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
As a big fan of Ghostbusters and action figures since I was a kid, this is right up my alley. As a kid, playing Ghostbusters with my friends on the playground during recess at my elementary school, I would've been floored at such a concept to "figure-ize" yourself so you place yourself amongst your fictional heroes in Toyland. Now, all these years later, at least I look like a schlub that would fit in amongst the other Ghostbusters.

This has been a thing for a while, just an actual Corp getting involved.

View: https://youtu.be/54Ht6btBAmA
I can see Phelous getting another stab at a new Ghostbuster fig of himself.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
As a big fan of Ghostbusters and action figures since I was a kid, this is right up my alley. As a kid, playing Ghostbusters with my friends on the playground during recess at my elementary school, I would've been floored at such a concept to "figure-ize" yourself so you place yourself amongst your fictional heroes in Toyland. Now, all these years later, at least I look like a schlub that would fit in amongst the other Ghostbusters.

I can see Phelous getting another stab at a new Ghostbuster fig of himself.
He probably will.

Trike

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Nov 6, 2017
Seems neat. Not something I'm all that interested in except for laughs so I hope it's easy to game the face scanner.

Don't you have stores/libraries/businesses in your area that 3D print?
It's still a pretty new technology, but I'm sure there is someone selling 3D printing at a better rate than $60 for a custom figure, $60 for a custom head is silly.

It's also the convenience of everything. Scan your face and (I assume) shop for figures in the same app and have them sent with official packaging.

Oct 25, 2017
Don't you have stores/libraries/businesses in your area that 3D print?
It's still a pretty new technology, but I'm sure there is someone selling 3D printing at a better rate than $60 for a custom figure, $60 for a custom head is silly.
The figure these go for are nearly $30 on there own.
Mass produced resin heads are like 5-10 dollars a piece
Then 20ish for Hasbro's hd painting process....

Its expensive for a figure yes but the price lines up.
(I mean if you are ok with Hasbro's basic price hikes anyway)

exploding_boy

May 8, 2018
There was already a kiosk at select targets that did this a few years back. They had Star Wars and Marvel characters you can put your head on. I thought it would be cool to get a storm trooper with my kids head on it. I was within the timeframe to get it before Christmas….I didn't get it until February.