• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Damn ALL prosthetic limbs, dude must have been through some shit

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Oooh, I like the idea of the B1 battle droids showing up as enemies. Rebels showed there was at least one abandoned base full of active B1s out there, so I imagine there are even more around, especially since this is set closer to The Clone Wars than Rebels. I hope they retain their humor.

Katmeister

Banned
May 1, 2021
Can they please poochie Cal and replace him with literally anyone else? Preferrably someone who isn't a white dude. Thanks.

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
Oooh, I like the idea of the B1 battle droids showing up as enemies. Rebels showed there was at least one abandoned base full of active B1s out there, so I imagine there are even more around, especially since this is set closer to The Clone Wars than Rebels.
Jedi Survivor in this case is actually set closer to Rebels. In fact, I think it takes place in the same year that the Obi-wan series and Solo movie occur in.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
Jedi Survivor in this case is actually set closer to Rebels. In fact, I think it takes place in the same year that the Obi-wan series and Solo movie occur in.
I meant it was set closer to the conclusion of The Clone Wars than Rebels was, which featured the battle droids, so logically there should be even more battle droids around during the time of Jedi Survivor.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
The cosmetic options in Jedi Fallen Order were pathetic, a handful of pancho or shirt colors. Hopefully this is one of a dozen actual looks.

As for the game, they had the adventure style down-pat. With faster loading consoles, hopefully they can eliminate those elevator and narrow corridor loading crutches. But really, if they just improve the combat mechanics, the action will feel great, which is the part that required the biggest improvement.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Yep. Game would have been better if it was about literally any of the characters around him.

I mean a Merrin game would literally be a completely different kind of game. Not necessarily a bad one, but if you're trying to go for a Soulsborne/melee-metroidvania hybrid, you weren't gonna get it with Merrin as the protagonist.

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. Game would have been better if it was about literally any of the characters around him.
Cal is okay, however any follow up should be expanded as more of a team thing.
Like give certain characters pros and cons against certain enemies
Have certain planets focus on certain characters and their abilities.

Hell add a jetpacking gunslinger to the crew

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Yup, Cal still looks like the biggest fucking dweeb in the galaxy.

wired_placeholder_dummy.png

SuperEpicMan

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I didn't enjoy the variety of the cosmetics in the first game, I still kinda admire them for striking out in a different direction at least, rather than the same generic robes we have seen a bunch of Jedi characters wearing.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I'm impressed that they've managed to make Cal look even more generic. It was a tall order, but they did it.

👍🏼

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
I do really hope they go full-on alt costumes this time.

One thing I really liked about Force Unleashed was Starkiller's contextual costumes.

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
Disappointing that Hasbro didn't make shit for the first game in TVC but glad we're finally getting a Cal of some kind, even if I like this design way less.

I'm really jazzed to see all the Separatist designs showing up though. CIS 4 Lyfe.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
Yea
The actor and the character aren't at all white supremacist so let's chill. It's OK to dislike the character without going that far with it.

Personally, Cal was fine as a character. Though I did like his friends more so like Merrin and Cere.

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's like... impossible to have a positive experience on this website. Negativity in every nook and cranny.

I'm excited for this to come out, glad to revisit the characters.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Looks fine.

Gotta say though on the figures themselves they've really failed to capture his likeness at all.

Regardless though looks fine as a design. Interested in the pistol.

Zaied

Oct 27, 2017
If we're going to be fighting Separatist droids in the game, I need this playing at all times:

youtu.be

Star Wars - Droid Army Theme

I OWN NOTHING! Music is by John Williams and is from Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (Superlative Edition) Soundtrack and Star Wars Episode II: Attac...

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Yea
The actor and the character aren't at all white supremacist so let's chill. It's OK to dislike the character without going that far with it.

Personally, Cal was fine as a character. Though I did like his friends more so like Merrin and Cere.
The big problem with Cal is he's overshadowed by every other Force-user in the game. Merrin, Cere, and Trilla all have way more going on.

So while I'm OK with him, especially having played FO, him remaining the protagonist just feels like an even bigger missed opportunity than before. No one should be asking for more Cal.