• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta admit, ironic transphobia and him getting in his feelings about preemptively trying to explain it should be expected.

Like maybe acknowledge that that era of jokes has passed, a lot of us have, why can't you.

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
$200K car
1x

katsu044

Mar 1, 2021
canada
watching bits of the car buying stream because i was wondering why last night it was taking so many hours to buy it

dying at trying to bring that greasy ass bag of chips in

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I remember it took like 5-6 hours to get a new Honda Civic for whatever reason back in 2018. It be like that when pulling in different credit unions and banks for the best financing option, and that was when my credit score was around 750. It's about 815 now so maybe my options will be better when I trade it in for an EV this year.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Hasan really made me shake my head a couple of days ago when he had Stavros on and they were dismissing the racism allegations from last year for Shane Gillis.

Deleted member 34725

User-requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
is he still 100% certain an invasion is not happening? i was on the fence too but to commit to something so fiercely when it still seems so possible is.. lol
He has pretty standard leftist takes on the issue. Though I do understand it seeming weird to many as it's very at odds with the standard western liberal media narrative.

He agrees with people like Chomsky, has a healthy distrust of western media/state propaganda, and views NATO as force that is pro western imperialism.

You know... the kind of takes that would get you banned in the Ukraine thread.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
He has pretty standard leftist takes on the issue. Though I do understand it seeming weird to many as it's very at odds with the standard western liberal media narrative.

He agrees with people like Chomsky, has a healthy distrust of western media/state propaganda, and views NATO as force that is pro western imperialism.

I'm surprised that other people are surprised. Hasan has never believed that America, in it's current form, is capable of doing any good for anyone.

Last edited:

strudelkuchen

Oct 25, 2017

Which makes discussing politics pointless here.

Oct 25, 2017
new jersey

I've gotten a two week ban from that Ukraine thread for my (self-admitted poorly worded) takes in there. If you don't want to hug and kiss NATO in those threads, you are not welcome. And yes, I do agree with Hasan's takes on this situation. I trust his word way more than news media who repeat State Department talking points. Even some leftist youtubers are disappointing.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
User Banned (2 weeks): thread derail - we aren't doing this "why won't mods ban x" stuff anymore
Honestly don't get how someone with views like this is allowed to have a thread dedicated to him on this website and would love to hear an explanation from the mods

He's gone of the deep end and is openly voicing his supporting for Russia invading Ukraine. You could use the exact same arguments to justify Nazi Germany's annexations of Austria, Czechoslovakia's Sudetenland, Lithuania's Klaipėda Region and the invasion of Poland.

Last edited:

Lidl

Dec 12, 2017
He not only cut off Crimea from Ukraine in his recent tweet, but basically all of so called Novorossiya - in light of the current events in Ukraine...
What and utterly disgusting human being.

K0v2hMm.jpg

gig

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
He's been admitting he was wrong for the past hour or so, though hesitantly. Been weird watching him try to cover his own ass. Doubled down on his Crimea take though

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Suggesting he's been paid off is a straight up conspiracy theory.
Russia runnign their influence on the left does not mean people are being bought. It means people like Hasan are stupid and buying into the propaganda hook line and sinker because it confirms to their bias of America always being the enemy (Which granted, it almost always is).

chaobreaker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I mean he's still right that Russia isn't going all Hearts of Iron 4 and invading Kiev. This is basically 2014 all over again.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Apologized, said the situation has changed and is waiting on new information while watching new John Oliver CRT video.

Debate lords are more obsessed about him being wrong than the actual geopolitical situation.

In the defense of debate lords, this is how he's treated it as well. You can't yell about how wrong people are every stream and call them stupid for believing a thing that may still happen. Or make content mocking people for being wrong about the situation.

The whole framing of it was bad. The debate lords are also wrong, by the way! They should be much more mature here, but in the end, #bothsides.

Booshka

Banned
May 8, 2018
Colton, CA
In the defense of debate lords, this is how he's treated it as well. You can't yell about how wrong people are every stream and call them stupid for believing a thing that may still happen. Or make content mocking people for being wrong about the situation.

The whole framing of it was bad. The debate lords are also wrong, by the way! They should be much more mature here, but in the end, #bothsides.
ya got lost in the sauce, should have kept it as a critique of state department propaganda from the West and from Russia, as well as the media that laps it up and regurgitates it. As well as yet another reason to not have your consent manufactured, and to be more critical and skeptical in general. Once you start raging at chat and the twitter and streamer sphere of bad faith debate lords then it is bound to bite you in the ass.

PunchyMalone

May 1, 2018
ya got lost in the sauce, should have kept it as a critique of state department propaganda from the West and from Russia, as well as the media that laps it up and regurgitates it. As well as yet another reason to not have your consent manufactured, and to be more critical and skeptical in general. Once you start raging at chat and the twitter and streamer sphere of bad faith debate lords then it is bound to bite you in the ass.

That was how it started but chat kept going nuts on him. After arguing about it for days, and the timeline kept getting pushed back, he tripled down on his take and chat got even more aggro. Dude needs to try and stop hyper fixating on arguments in the chat or it's going to eat him alive.

Steiner_Zi

Oct 28, 2017
I used to put him on in the background while checking on my phone if i had nothing better to do, but I bounced off hard. His whole attitude and over-the-top lifestyle that screams "give me money you suckerz" made me stop streaming and unfollowed him on IG.