• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dinobot

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Mortal Kombat was my first fighting game. I was fascinated by the secret of Reptile in the first game. Secret characters were a new concept to me at that point in my life. When he was a fully selectable character in MK2 I fell in love with him even more. The live action portrayal of him in the movie (the cool transformation and badass techno soundtrack) with arguably the best fight scene in the movie cemented Reptile as my favourite MK character.

I am disappointed that he's gone for MK 11 and the dlc leaks show that he isn't coming back either. I like his character arc, and the lore surrounding him was interesting. I would have liked to see how his storyline would be in MK story mode that doesn't involve him being a dumbass meatshield for Shao Khan or whatever.

MK11's story involving time travel and rewriting history would have been a perfect fit for Reptile's back story, he could have been on a solo mission to revive his Saurian race and restore Zaterra. Alas, I guess the complaints of him being used online to cheese people got Boon and co. to drop him, or maybe they had player data that he was one of the least used characters in MK9 and MKX.

RIP buddy.
reptilemk9.jpg
reptile-mortal-kombat-animated-gif-36.gif

reptile-mortal-kombat-a646633c-7dcd-4f3f-a8e6-d538bd735f4-resize-750.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Losing Solid Snake from Smash Brawl to Smash 4 was kinda disappointing but I play multiple Smash characters (as a casual) so it wasn't hard to pick up another of my faves. I did really miss Snake, though.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reptile sucks anyway, good riddance. And apparently he was the least played character in MKX. They really need to rework him from scratch.

But yeah, happened to me a lot :(

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Yes
I was sad for 5 minutes than went to experiment with the entire roster like I do with every fighting game and found another one.

Sadder than this is noticing that your main does not feel like how you are used so another character resonates better with you.

And example that kinda fits both is Marvel vs Capcom's Ken/Akuma thing. They are not exactly and when they are... it is just not the same

Oct 27, 2017
I played Nightwing in Injustice 1 so him not being in Injustice 2 was pretty disappointing. NRS seems to do this a lot huh.

"D."

Oct 30, 2017
I lost Jin Saotome, Cyclops, Gambit, Sabertooth, Silver Samurai, Juggernaut, and Rogue going into Marvel vs Capcom 3 and beyond. My ENTIRE "A team", "B team" and secondaries were gone.

Fuck whoever did that shit.

Played Sean and Q from 3rd Strike and they both gone since that game as well. Capcom just don't like me I guess

Kismet

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
Can't believe they put in shitty clones like Jaqui, Cassie and Frost in the game but ignore actual unique characters like Sindel, Rain or Reptile...

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Lost Kilik in Soul Calibur V, even if he had a sorta replacement I didn't like him as much.

Young Link in Melee, never really liked Toon Link.

And I mained Ermac so I also lost my MK main with 11.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
None of my mains made it into Street Fighter V. I had to basically start over from scratch.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Ant_17

Oct 28, 2017
Greece
He wasn't a main, but me and friends would do 5 rounds Mokujin and him not being on Tekken 7 is not that great. The only mains that were removed was Smoke and Noob in MKX.

Borshay

Oct 27, 2017
Wisconsin
I mained Smoke & Sektor in MK9, they missed MKX. So in MKX I mained Mileena and Takeda.... and now they're not in MK11 and neither is Smoke or Sektor. Back to the testing the roster till I find a new main.

In Injustice 1 I mained Killer Frost and she also missed Injustice 2. So its becoming a sad trend lol.

Strelok

Oct 29, 2017
Karnaca, Serkonos
I have character I play more often than others, but I don't really have mains, I play with everybody, I always find it strange how some people have only ever used 4 characters in a 20+ roster

leafcutter

Feb 14, 2018
Luckily I decided at a very young age that Ken Masters was my favorite Street Fighter character, and would always be my main. I'm pretty sure he's been in every SF game, and also tons of games that aren't in that line (including CvS2, the best fighting game ever).

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
I always "main" 3-4 characters so it never bothers me if one is removed.

Deleted member 12790

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Let me tell you about the move to Garou MOTW...

EDIT: Didn't matter, tho, because it just gave me the excuse to try so many new characters out. <3 Garou so much...

Korigama

Oct 25, 2017
Nearly everyone I liked was gone from Soul Calibur V and I didn't like the new characters, so I skipped it. Bringing the old characters back (particularly Talim and the already datamined Cassandra, Amy was welcome after maining her in IV with Talim being no good then and patching that game ruining Cass) and retconning V with a revised timeline got me to return for SCVI. Groh's also pretty neat.

Currently annoyed with no Momiji in DoA6, but everyone else I played in 5:LR (namely Hitomi, but also Leifang, Marie, and soon Mai for instance) is still in it.

I bitched about no Kula in The King of Fighters 2003 for a while, but settled on King/Malin/Chizuru in that one.

EDIT: And Street Fighter V was the first to bring Karin and Charlie from the Alpha series into mainline SF, but neither of them really suit me in that game, so I switched to maining Ibuki instead with Sakura and most recently Juri as subs (want to work on Kolin and Zeku some more even after having had worse results with those two, possibly G as well).

Focused on Ky and Elphelt in Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- until -REVELATOR-/Rev2 brought back Jam.

Last edited:

Geist 6one7

Oct 29, 2017
MASS
Wesker, Vergil, Taskmaster, and Magneto all got clipped in the transition from UMvC3 to MvCI. I was def not happy but my Gamora/Jedah/Power Stone team was doing work until I realized I didn't like that game all that much.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This is why I don't like learning guest characters, there is a huge chance of them never appearing again, losing all the fundamentals learned in the process.

Don't know what I'm going to do if French Bread releases a full new sequel of UNIST, unless somehow Type Moon let's them use Eltnum again

Deleted member 13550

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No Shazam in Injustice 2 made me really sad, he was so much fun. Luckily i found a new character with Cheetah, who most likely wont be in I3..

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
I really like playing as guest characters in mostly every fighting game that has them. So I'm kind of cursed to have my favorites/mains be removed in subsequent releases.

I'll probably end up doing the same whenever they release the guest characters for MK11 as well.

Metalmurphy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Lei missing in Tekken 7 from the start was mind boggling. Thankfully they added him later, even if nerfed -.-'

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
I rarely have a main as I don't play most fighters competitively and am content to just play as everyone in single player. I do main Aoi in Virtua Fighter but they've only temporarily dropped one character in the entire history of the series. I would still give up Aoi just to get a VF6 though.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Lei missing in Tekken 7 from the start was mind boggling. Thankfully they added him later, even if nerfed -.-'

Yeah, this reminds me that I lost Julia/Michelle for a while, too. Glad she's back in Tekken 7. She wasn't my full-on main from Tekken but she was my 2nd go-to.

EDIT: And Batgirl going from Injustice 1 to Injustice 2. Batgirl in Injustice 2 with an updated playstyle and alternate skins for Cassandra Cain and Stephanie Brown would've been too dope for me to handle. Would've liked to see a skin for Babs that was modeled after her New 52 "practical" outfit, too -- I'm personally a big fan of that.

Deleted member 12790

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I rarely have a main as I don't play most fighters competitively and am content to just play as everyone in single player. I do main Aoi in Virtua Fighter but they've only temporarily dropped one character in the entire history of the series. I would still give up Aoi just to get a VF6 though.

Technically, they dropped Siba, too.

Deleted member 2618

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
None of the characters I liked in SF3 or 4 is in 5. Dudley and Makoto.....please come back. Q kinda came back but not really.

I dealt with it by finding a new main. Kolin is fun enough.

lyte edge

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looking back, I think the biggest "HOLY SHIT, THEY'RE GONE!?" moment for me was with Street Fighter III and Chun-Li being removed. Expected with the game having (almost) all-new characters, and I found other characters to use, but it still felt like something was just missing at the time. Funnily enough, when Third Strike came out...I wound up not using Chun very much. Just not really my character in that game. Hugo FTW.

Number two behind that were a number of characters not being in the arcade KOF XI. Unlike a new game, I expected to see old favorites return in this one, and they left some staple characters out. They did end up adding some of them back into the home port on PS2 at least. And then Mai being missing in KOF XII, although that game was an unfinished mess anyway.

Shinku_King

Nov 11, 2017
Rose not in sf5, I know she is rumored an will be different but still that would be the only reason for me to touch that game, Wolverine missing from mvci sucked, oh an last mitsuru was missing from bbtag on release I needed my baby.

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I have lost mains before, I just play the older game if I need to and also learn new folks. It isn't a big deal. Adapt or perish

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
Feng has always been in a new Tekken game since he first appeared in Tekken 5 (2005), but I would be extraordinarly pissed if he wasn't in the next game.

I played Nightwing in Injustice 1 so him not being in Injustice 2 was pretty disappointing. NRS seems to do this a lot huh.
I feel the same. My main in Injustice: Gods Among Us was Solomon Grundy, and I was pissed as hell when I learned he would not return in Injustice 2.

Last edited: