• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
I'm just curious about your schedules and eating habits.

Recently, I bought Ring Fit Adventures, because it's getting too cold outside for me to do some light jogging, but I still wanted to do some exercise. This game is highly recommended by my co-workers, so , why not, I thought. The coldness also affected my perception of hunger, and started to notice that I'm eating a bit more than usual.

Am I a bear preparing for winter hibernation? Hmmm...., or a tanuki....

minimalism

Jan 9, 2018
Ring Fit makes me not eat food or want to drink much liquid until I work out thanks to Ab Guard.

delicious

Apr 2, 2018
I remember buying six burgers and eating them only during cutscenes while I played TLOU2 nonstop for like, two days straight
I did stop for showering and four hour sleep tho

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Can't think of any game I've played that has changed my eating habits. All I need is 20-30 minutes to cook and eat a meal.

Oct 27, 2017
Not for gaming (that would be ridiculous), but for work. I hated taking such long breaks for lunch, and I almost never had time for breakfast in the morning. I started having Huel, which is a nutritionally complete meal drink for two meals a day. It's become a part of my lifestyle now and it gives me an hour or two more each day to actually do stuff. I still eat a regular dinner each night and on weekends I tend to have two or even three regular meals.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
I'm thankful for my standing desk and recumbent bike, they will help me stave off weight gain while juggling games on PS5 and XSX. Currently cutting so calories are reduced.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Not really.

I'm eating better now, but because soda was destroying my health.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
I've been indoors more recently simply due to lockdowns and work from home. My change involved a little more active VR along with some time in the yard, though I do think we tend to eat a lot more near the end of a year. Holidays and all that.

With the new consoles, I've found myself spending longer hours than usual sitting in front of a TV or out in the yard on my phone lol (PS5 graphics on a phone, aye) and less time in active-VR. This has led me to further explore healthier foods since I already spend a lot of time on a computer for work.

I'd like to invest in one of those rigs that lets me run around in VR someday, especially if the pandemic is here for a lot longer than we'd like.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Not for gaming (that would be ridiculous), but for work. I hated taking such long breaks for lunch, and I almost never had time for breakfast in the morning. I started having Huel, which is a nutritionally complete meal drink for two meals a day. It's become a part of my lifestyle now and it gives me an hour or two more each day to actually do stuff. I still eat a regular dinner each night and on weekends I tend to have two or even three regular meals.
You have me interested in this Huel, looking at the website, the prices aren't bad.

Which do you buy?

Work from home has me concerned about my health. Substituting some meals sounds like a good idea.

Aug 4, 2020
I try to keep my gaming sessions to 2 or 3 hours on weekdays. Could go longer on weekends but I try to eat atleast a snack (a fruits) every 2 hours.

Generally eating healthier now. Cutting out sodas and sugary drinks helps alot.

Oct 27, 2017
You have me interested in this Huel, looking at the website, the prices aren't bad.

Which do you buy?

Work from home has me concerned about my health. Substituting some meals sounds like a good idea.

I actually live in Korea, which has no distributor, so it is a bit more expensive but I still find it worthwhile even with shipping costs.

I've tried a couple of flavors of the basic powder. I started with chocolate and just the regular flavor, but now I've moved on to coffee. I don't crave coffee flavoring or anything, but it actually includes coffee (and costs the same price) so it's like I'm doubling up on efficiency (though I still drink more coffee). The coffee taste is pretty subtle anyway.

None of the flavors I've tried has been bad, but I think it would definitely take some getting used to for most people. And if you jump right into drinking it twice a day it takes some physical adjustment as well, but nothing too bad. Now I actually find myself craving it.

When you order, you can mix and match so you can order like a bag of plain, and then one bottle of a different flavor. They also have other curries and stuff now but I stick to the powder for the sake of simplicity.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
I basically eat around the same time always, never crossed my mind to have gaming change that TBH.

My parents are the "dinner is sacred family time" kind of people so that could explain why.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
If I'm into a game eating has always come dead last. It never was a problem, even during my Final Fantasy XI days (MMORPG). At least I was in the house, when I would go out to play marathon games of 21 (basketball) I would go most of the day without eating and stressing my body out due to the competition and the need to win. Hydration was done for both gaming and outdoor activities however, not really eating.

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
just found out i have hypertension 2 so cutting out sodium all over the place. i was a salt fiend, but it's not too hard since i was never super into food in the first place, but the high blood pressure was scary as shit, had to go to the doctors etc, all from busting a blood vessel in my eye and telling my eye dr at a routine checkup so he chekced my bp and almost made me go to the ER

edit: never been a snack-while-eating guy, always been pretty skinny until last few years and not bad now (6'1'', 165 lbs) but I lost 7 pounds when i was reviewing dark souls 2 back in the day

Last edited:

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I buy a lot of tesco meal deals because that means I can skate to the shop, or walk the dog and grab lunch.

This is a tesco meal deal if you're unaware
1_Meal-deals-11jpeg.jpg

I always feel like getting up and doing something when I stop gaming. So I usually have a real itch to go out. So I guess because gaming is a particularly stay-at-home activity, it makes me want to spend more time outside and get up and walk around a bit.

As for the food, I don't think it's especially nutritional but I think it's fine. It depends what you get as your 'snack' and 'drink' I guess. I also tend to buy some other bits for dinner while I'm there. Usually I take the time to cook dinner at home though unless we're going out.

I tend to skip breakfast most of the time, or just grab a snack. I don't know why but I just don't feel like eating anything in the mornings, I never have and I find it really difficult to eat first thing. Someone bringing me food in bed is like, a nightmare.

Scruffy8642

Jan 24, 2020
Hm nah, I've never been one to let gaming (or anything else) get in the way of my daily activities, generally sleep through breakfast on days off, have lunch and dinner at a similar time, rarely stay up past midnight and sacrifice sleep. I just don't lose track of time. Generally don't eat while I'm gaming either (or rather I only eat my 2 main meals and that's it for the day usually). Just turn the game off for a few hour break when it reaches any of those times. Mainly game the most in the 2 hours before dinner and bed time.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I may order out/delivery a bit more the days following a big game release, but that's about the most mine changes

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
I completely forget to eat when I play something I really love and that I can immerse myself in. I can literally go for 8-10 hours without even thinking about food. This happens less and less as I play fewer games, though, but I'm still fully capable of forgetting about food for very long periods of time.

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I dont think about food while playing so sometimes I'll go most of the day without eating or just eat one meal in the day.

Bucéfalo

Banned
May 29, 2020
Food protocols and lifting is top priority for me, if anything, videogames and other social activities have to adapt to my gym routine and eating hours.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Videogames adapt to my lifestyle.

By the time I get around to playing, I've started fasting. So only naturally flavored sparkling water for me.

On weekend mornings I stopped eating until after I've worked out.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Umm..I can't say I've ever had to think about this whatsoever. I eat at meal times and my playing video games doesn't tend to interfere with necessary parts of my life like that?

Video games are a hobby/activity, not like - what I do with my life that everything needs to be planned around lol.

Aether

Jan 6, 2018
I buy a lot of tesco meal deals because that means I can skate to the shop, or walk the dog and grab lunch.

This is a tesco meal deal if you're unaware
1_Meal-deals-11jpeg.jpg

I always feel like getting up and doing something when I stop gaming. So I usually have a real itch to go out. So I guess because gaming is a particularly stay-at-home activity, it makes me want to spend more time outside and get up and walk around a bit.

As for the food, I don't think it's especially nutritional but I think it's fine. It depends what you get as your 'snack' and 'drink' I guess. I also tend to buy some other bits for dinner while I'm there. Usually I take the time to cook dinner at home though unless we're going out.

I tend to skip breakfast most of the time, or just grab a snack. I don't know why but I just don't feel like eating anything in the mornings, I never have and I find it really difficult to eat first thing. Someone bringing me food in bed is like, a nightmare.
I was gona say that looks tasty but unhealthy, till i have seen that its just a 40g pack of chips. Thats okay i guess.

Less gaming, but more since i gained a lot ofweight over the last 2-3 years (IT-Worker, gaming, studying...)
Well, this summer i figuratively died on a hiking trip (well, it was a steap one), and decided to revamp my eating habits (also: the pandemic, so able to cook)
I cant count how many meals where a combination of brokoli, cabbage, brussel sprouts, lentils, califlower, chicken breast, turkey breast, chickpeas, eggs, fish...
With the second lockdown and sitting more at home i have less bike rides, so more need to restraing my meals...

I totally see why so many IT workers move to more active hobbies, last year i started comparing gaming costs to my other interests (cycling, archery, traveling,...)

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I eat less if i'm playing a game i really really like, since i never eat while gaming. This is positive in general because i usually eat a lot more than i should, tho this only happens with like 1% of stuff i played, only the really good stuff.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
I only let video games affect my eating/showering for Christmas break '09 as a Freshman in high school who had just gotten Xbox Live & MW2. Otherwise at worst I'll eat a late lunch and subsequent late dinner because of games.

Metalgus

Oct 27, 2017
Back in the day, once I realized that you could play Waverace 64 with a single hand, I started eating full meals will playing it.