• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ADee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Finally started playing this game on the 3DS and I love it very much, so have Level-5 hinted at a sequel?

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
wasn't there a turd looking mobile sequel announced?

it was years ago so I assume it came out at some point

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately they already did one, exclusive to smartphones that has only been released in Japan. It's called Fantasy Life Online, but was originally announced as Fantasy Life 2.

Maybe there is a chance for an actual Fantasy Life 2 on Switch but Level 5 are weird these days.

Master Chuuster

GamingBolt.com
Verified
Dec 14, 2017
I think they released an online mobile game in Japan last year, but barring that, I don't think there's been anything else.

I hope they make a true sequel some day though, Fantasy Life was great.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Sequel is mobile only. Was tempted to try to get into it but nothing about it sparkles with the same kind of joy the 3DS game had.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
That looks pretty nice. Mobile seems like an okay platform for this since the gameplay isn't exactly demanding. But even if monetization doesn't suck out all fun, it probably is never coming to the west.

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
The mobile game is quite good
With a very generous gacha

Gets really really grindy though

EarthPainting

Oct 26, 2017
Town adjacent to Silent Hill
They did a mobile game that's people generally seemed to like, but probably not what you're looking for. I do wish they'd do a proper sequel, since I got a lot out of Fantasy Life, and saw so much potential for growth and improvements.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doubt they'd do anything more than supporting the mobile game - which is apparently quite good and successful.

Oct 25, 2017
Sadly no. It would be nice to get a proper Switch sequel, but until then we can just hope they localize FLO.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
I really wanted to like Fantasy Life, but it was just something about it that didn't click with me as much as I'd hoped it would. It just felt too linear, like all you were really doing was just putting checkmarks on lists of tasks.
I was hoping it would be a bit more dynamic with random events and quests and stuff. It just felt like a linear list that you made your way through until you reached the bottom of it and then it was all done.

I'm very excited for the upcoming Snack World Gold on the Switch tough, also a rpg by Level-5.
Maybe it could scratch some of that Fantasy Life itch for the OP?

Last edited:

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
The weakest point of the original is that multiple jobs had the same minigames.

I had hoped for a sequel with unique minigames and a slightly stronger rpg component. would have been great

Wombat_Lover

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 20, 2019
I really wanted to like Fantasy Life, but it was just something about it that didn't click with me as much as I'd hoped it would. It just felt too linear, like all you were really doing was just putting checkmarks on lists of tasks.
I was hoping it would be a bit more dynamic with random events and quests and stuff. It just felt like a linear list that you made your way through until you reached the bottom of it and then it was all done.

I'm very excited for the upcoming Snack World Gold on the Switch tough, also a rpg by Level-5.
Maybe it could scratch some of that Fantasy Life itch for the OP?

Good thing it's coming out outside of japan now. Thanks to the aussie ratingboard.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, Fantasy Life was only about as successful as Ni No Kuni, without the benefit of being a PlayStation game with nice graphics.

The co-developer of FL is making Doraemon Story of Seasons at least.

kidnemo

Dec 11, 2017
Fantasy Life is easily one of my fave new IPs in recent years and Id love to get more of it.

Snackworld looks super charming and I hope it lives up to my personal hype!

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
I absolutely loved the writing in Fantasy Life. Overflowing with charm, and genuinely funny.

Blade24070

Oct 26, 2017
Pretty sure outside of NnK2, Level-5 only focus on franchises they can turn into multimedia franchises, and Fantasy Life wasn't that.