• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

finalflame

Product Management
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A really good ARPG set in a Nintendo-built world would be amazing. Nintendo Souls.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
So is Super Metroid a run-and-gun like Contra then?

I would just say it's a shooter, it doesn't need the third/first person differentiation because at the time it came out most games were still on one plane, so there wasn't a need to differentiate the type of shooter. Run & Gun would be a subgenre of shooter, but I don't think it fits Metroid.

OP
OP
T002 Tyrant

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
Nintendo has yet to give an actual horror game(the closest they got was Luigi's Mansion 1 and then every subsequent game did its best to distance itself from horror as much as possible)

YOU OWN ETERNAL DARKNESS YOU FUCKERS

They NEED to bring back Eternal Darkness, even if they dip their toe in the pool with a bog standard remaster of the original game just to see if the game would sell on a more popular device.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I really want a GaaS loot shooter from Nintendo! :( but I don't think that's a genre they'll ever touch lol

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Again, a third person shooter is strictly a 3D genre, not a 2D one. Super Metroid, by definition of a third person shooter, can not be a third person shooter because Super Metroid is 2D, not 3D.

Metroid Prime CAN be an FPS, because an FPS is a 3D genre that involves shooting things in first person. You shoot things in first person in Metroid Prime.

Splatoon?

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
Open world city or something like that.
Zelda was amazing, but a city or civilization to explore would be great. Nintendocity or something.

But I really want another homage game, like Nintendoland, but with other genres.

PettySpirit

Dec 23, 2018
Can't think of a Beat Em Up or Character Action Game Nintendo's made themselves. Just the stuff Platinum made for them.

Maybe I'm wrong, but nothing's coming to mind.

Kolibri

Nov 6, 2017
The lack of Nintendo stealth games is very disappointing.
I need that Sheik spin-off.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You all need some Nintendo history classes.

WYTI6h7Q6reZoYWUtVYtGHYPtxqLhpLwwOzQBNVglyPekavr1JfUTxvnf3KjVwgXWpJCVoCeWgELfO1wHcuzlDs05vM

Joy Mech Fight is great. It holds up astoundingly well, too. I didn't play it until it hit the Famicom collection for NSO. Blew my mind that an 8-bit fighter played that good. I obsessed over it for a weekend until I beat the whole thing. This is the answer to any of y'all who still think ARMS or Smash Bros don't count as fighters

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
isnt fatal frame practically a nintendo series, in regards to horror

id like to see a full on dating sim/vn

Aegis Renfro

Jan 11, 2018
This actually. And all the ingredients are there. The biggest wrestling IP is dead and buried in gaming, they have a close relationship with the former Aki devs, AEW is trying to get a wrestling game with Aki engine, the Nintendo characters are super expressive and heavy on non-verbal storytelling...

Nesprowrestlingbox.jpg

I mean, where do you think "A Winner Is You" came from?

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
I will always say it, a Nintendo AAA stealth game. It can be non lethal and involve heists, could be incredible. It's easy to make one E10 rated.

GattsuSama

Mar 12, 2020
It is a genre I play but I would if Nintendo tried their hand at a Battle Royale.

I've thought about it in regards to how Nintendo did a shooter with Splatoon but it was their own flavor of shooting.

So for that reason I've thought that a Hide n Seek Battle Royale could be the type of quirky Nintendo idea they can make a hit.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A game set on an island, ending in "_tartropics" would be good.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
I want to say First Person Shooter but I know I'm going to get jumped by Prime fans and they are going to get jumped by the First Person Action Adventure crowd XD

DAREALGUMMY

Oct 25, 2017
Nesprowrestlingbox.jpg

I mean, where do you think "A Winner Is You" came from?
I mean, the game is almost 35 years old. There wasn't much of a Nintendo take on it. They've done nearly every other sport with Mario and friends with modern tech. Like Schreckweg 5000 mentioned, the storytelling and expressiveness of their style would be tremendous. Especially when the genre is nearly dead due to greed and incompetence.