• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Have you signed up for Xbox Game Pass after the Xbox&Bethesda Showcase?

• Yes, I've subscribed to it this week

Votes: 34 3.3%
  • No, but I'm planning to subscribe

Votes: 60 5.7%
  • No, I'm already subscribed

Votes: 644 61.7%
  • No, I need to see more

Votes: 55 5.3%
  • No, not interested

Votes: 251 24.0%

• Total voters

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Been since Feb. Good until 2024. The showcase made me more excited for the future though

slothrop

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 28, 2019
USA
No I don't have an Xbox and I PC game on Linux so GamePass does not target me unfortunately. I'll buy the games on Steam if it's working with Proton -- if not I just won't play it, no big deal.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If I weren't already signed up, I'm not sure that showcase would prompt me to sign up until Horizon 5, Back 4 Blood, or Hades drops.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Game pass doesn't prevent you from buying games.

If anything, Game Pass frees up money to buy other stuff. October is going to be a nightmare with all the games coming out around then, so even just getting Back4Blood included in Game Pass helps a lot. That way I can play it with my friends and grab it a few months later when there isn't quite as many games to buy.

Oct 27, 2017
I have a series X on hold this week and I dunno if I'm gonna pick it up tbh. I have the 3 months of ultimate offer too.

This is very unlike me btw, any other time I would just go and pick up a new console within the first year whenever it was convenient to do so. I just don't think I need it until more exclusives are released. Obviously this is just my experience but I'm a little bit disappointed tbh.

MonadL

Oct 25, 2017
Not yet but whenever A) I can find a Series X and B) Forza Horizon 5 releases I'll probably sub

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
First, very early, summary of the results; there doesn't seem to be much of a growth market for Game Pass anymore on ResetEra. As the majority is already subscribed and most of the other users have no interest in it.

Though Game Pass threads will always reach Game Pass subscribers more than non-subscribers, I guess.

I mean, the question was a pretty targeted one about the showcase itself. You're also going to disproportionately get answers from people who actually have an option to use Game Pass with - PC or Xbox.

For someone who only games on a PlayStation or Nintendo, there's more than just getting Game Pass involved in that proposition.

OldBritBloke

Oct 28, 2017
I'm planning on not touching the "3 months of Ultimate for £1" deals until Starfield comes out, and then if it's well-received I'll pay my pound and play it on my Xbox One All-Digital via xCloud.

SirDante

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 20, 2020
Already subscribed, but only really interested in Halo and FH5 later this year. Couldn't pass up a $1 for 3 month deal though.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
I've been taking advantage of those Bing codes for almost a year, at this point. And the showcase actually made me want to use that for more than just trying out Halo.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing interesting on there at the moment. I will wait until Starfield and sub for a month.

Orion117

Prophet of Regret - A King's Landing
Dec 8, 2018
I'm planning to sub for a month on pc once both forza horizon 5 and halo are out.

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Tried it once long ago, didn't like it.
I prefer owning games then renting them.
Strange, I didn't know GP hijacks your wallet and free will. You know there is a discount when buying games with it right?

I get the preference because I'm the opposite so it works well for me. I usually don't revisit games once I'm done and I don't have a physical collection at all.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Game pass doesn't prevent you from buying games.

Subscribing + Buying still costs more than just buying in the end. That is facts especially if you wait and buy the title on a sale.

I'll not subscribe cause a chunk of games I want and will play primarily are not on the service. Why subscribe if your not going to use it and buy titles outside the service that take most of your gaming time.

Like if Starfield is released and a user just plays warzone 90% of the time and plays Starfield occasionally. It'll be cheaper for them to buy with no subscription so they can play over the course of the next year or two. Why run a subscription for this. Not sure why this site doesn't seem to get it's not a value for everyone.

bob1001

▲ Legend ▲
May 7, 2020
I only ever actively play 1-3 games at a time, if none of them are on gamepass then I'm not on it. Will probably sub for a month when Psychonauts 2 comes out.
Same with EA Play pro, if there's ever an EA game I want to play I'll sub for a month or so.

ClamBuster

Oct 27, 2017
Ipswich, England
subscribed in December 2019 on the original standard full price pay per month option, and have continued this every single month since... with my hand on my heart, i have never been happier

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm aware of the Xbox live gold conversion deal(which I plan to hopefully do today) but where and how did you get GPU for 1 dollar?

Or do you mean it was the price of gold for 3 years($180?) plus 1 dollar to convert to GPU?
He meant price of gold for 3 years + $1 to convert. That's what I did in April and it was the best decision ever.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Have already been subscribed, even before all this, even before they bought Bethesda, Gamepass has been an outrageously good deal.

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I like owning my games, but I probably will once they roll out Windows Store 2.0 that actually works- or, better yet, let me download the games through Steam.

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry, yes, I meant this deal. And now thanks to Rewards, I just keep adding a month to it for free. Actual free lol.

Ok yeah makes sense. On that note what are the best deals on gold right now? Only see it for 60 everywhere currently. Unless I buy cheaper codes for Brazil from eBay or something and activate while on a vpn, but seems a bit fishy, would I still be able to convert to GPU if I'm on VPN for another region? Maybe not worth the hassle. Or I just wait for some promo.

Also I'm only on PC and now seeing a bunch of posts that the PC client is busted?

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Subscribing + Buying still costs more than just buying in the end. That is facts especially if you wait and buy the title on a sale.

I'll not subscribe cause a chunk of games I want and will play primarily are not on the service. Why subscribe if your not going to use it and buy titles outside the service that take most of your gaming time.

Like if Starfield is released and a user just plays warzone 90% of the time and plays Starfield occasionally. It'll be cheaper for them to buy with no subscription so they can play over the course of the next year or two. Why run a subscription for this. Not sure why this site doesn't seem to get it's not a value for everyone.
Depending on how they will handle DLC, it might get even more expensive than just buying a GOTY edition. Yeah, Gamepass doesn't work out for everybody.

Inti

Nov 20, 2017
Subscribed since Day 1. Went from buying 6-10 full priced games to buying maybe 1 or 2 and just playing all the amazing stuff showing up on GamePass. I've played so many hidden gems, with absolutely no pressure to like or dislike games, its like having access to Demos from all the games in it, but you can finish them all. It's amazing! Worth every penny full price and I've never payed more than half the price. If you have an Xbox I wholeheartedly recommend GamePass.

May 14, 2021
How do you rack up so many rewards points so fast? I'm trying to make it work so I can keep adding a month of gpu to keep extending the end date.
I have an automated browser extension for the daily searches, then I just try to do the daily/ weekly/monthly goals that are available to people with Game Pass. I think I average about 15k-20k a month, which is enough to cover it.

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have an automated browser extension for the daily searches, then I just try to do the daily/ weekly/monthly goals that are available to people with Game Pass. I think I average about 15k-20k a month, which is enough to cover it.

Nice, which extension do you use? Is there one for safari or do I need to use edge/chrome?

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017
I'll probably buy some of the games they showed (like Redfall) but I don't care for a rental system. I'd rather buy the games I want and be able to play them anytime I want, even if it ends up being more expensive.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
Subbed since Gears 5 launched, will probably never unsub as long as things stay like this. I've hardly bought any full price games since this started. Took that money saved and put it into my other hobbies, it's pretty nice. It also encouraged me to dump most of my physical library which mostly just collected dust. Sold what was worth it, donated the rest. I know it's not for everyone but it's really transformed how I approach games.

Antipode

Jul 25, 2019
Nope. At least as of today, I'm opposed to any gaming subscription. I can't deny that they've built an incredibly impressive offering though, and if I didn't already have a huge backlog of stuff I'm dying to play, I could be swayed. I just can't help but feel that years down the line, the service will become less attractive and/or more expensive, and users will be locked into the subscription in order to maintain access to their library, like with PS+. That's a trap I'd be susceptible to, so I'm doing my best to pretend neither service exists.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
I sub on and off.

Don't see the point of continuously subbing. Feels like I am throwing money away whenever I am not using it.