• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Beat more games than average this year?

• Yes

Votes: 212 41.9%
  • No

Votes: 99 19.6%
  • Relatively the same as prior years

Votes: 195 38.5%

• Total voters

score01

Oct 27, 2017
Being at home more and not going out as much has definitely had an effect.

Since the PS3 days I have a total of 55 platinums. 12 of those I got this year!

Sep 11, 2020
Lockdown has made me playmore coop games than usual, since there weren't many other ways to interact with people. Most of my game time from March to May was spent playing:
  1. Monster Hunter World: Iceborne, which had launched in early 2020 on PC.
  2. Stardew Valley, since growing crops and raising animals in a small sunny town was a therapeutic experience and coop was a lot of fun.
  3. World War Z, since it was given for free on Epic (I bought they GOTY after it launched) and it was a really easy to pick up and play title.
I actually started playing single player games again after May, and I've cleared a bunch of them in the past few months. Maybe more than usual, since I've been extensively trading titles and cleaning my physical library from games I wasn't planning to ever replay.

JustJavi

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
I've beated more games than ever, but I don't think the pandemic had anything to do with it. This year I decided to play just what I like and thought I was gonna finish. Lockdown only lasted 6 weeks in New Zealand and all I played those weeks was Animal Crossing.

AM_LIGHT

Oct 30, 2017
No , my work schedule didn't change one bit because of Corona which meant I only got the chance to play games only on the weekends.

ColdLavaBunny

Oct 29, 2017
Not spending 1.5 hours returning home from work give me those extra hours to spent into games. I achieve to beat more games due to the extra time.
Exactly this for me too. Helps that my kids are older too. I'm not spending all that extra time on games, doing more around the house too but it is enough extra that I may be playing more than I spent reading Resetera! Which is a thing I have not been able to say for long before the migration.

Dec 2, 2017
It's more than last year or the year before, but not by a huge margin. 17 games, compared to 12 last year and 11 the year before.

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
Nope, 25 so far (maybe 2 more if I manage to get through Call of the Sea and Bugsnax before the end of the year), which is exactly the same as last year and just one more than 2018. Put a lot of hours into Animal Crossing though, which would otherwise have resulted in beating 5 more or so.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
My backlog is hideous but yeah, few big new releases and lots of spare time stuck at home have led to quite a sizeable chunk of backlog being gone.

Type VII

Oct 31, 2017
Beat more, bought more, spent more.

I'm at nearly 100 games bought this year. Granted, they're not all £50, 60 hour AAA experiences but I tend to average somewhere between 60-70 a year.

Jan 9, 2018
Sweden
I think I've actually beaten fewer. My life hasn't changed that much due to the pandemic, but I was sick (unrelated to covid19) during my summer vacation so I couldn't really play anything then.

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
Having much more free time, I've been catching up on various media. Even so, I've played/finished a lot more than a normal year.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
A lot more, actually. I used to leave most games unfinished and this year I've finished almost every game I've started.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
I'd say around the same. I did platinum more than last year, though.
Having a baby eats up a lot of time, though.

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
To me has been my weakest year, since I was locked with my SO who despises anything gamer. Well, that and the massive workload, of course.