• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How do you feel about Ghost of Tsushima after Sekiro?

• Sekiro burned me out on the setting and swordplay for a bit

Votes: 89 11.2%
  • Diminished the hype a little but I'm still really interested in it

Votes: 93 11.7%
  • I'm still as hyped for it now as I was when I found out about it

Votes: 420 52.8%
  • I'm even more hype now than I was before Sekiro

Votes: 193 24.3%

• Total voters

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sekiro was no 2 in my GOTY list last year, but I'm still just as hyped for GoT. My guess is GoT will be a very different style of game, with a much heavier focus on characters, narrative, presentation, cinematic quality etc, not to mention different gameplay, hence unique enough to warrant jumping back into that period or genre style.

Jan 11, 2018
I in no way got burned out on Sekiro, even after struggling for 8 hours on the final boss. However, Sekiro's greatness has absolutely nothing to do with my hype for GoT. They are two completely different games.

FFNB

Associate Game Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
This, sentence for sentence, lol.

The poll lacks an option for people that don't care about Sekiro in the first place.

From Software has become the new Platinum Games when it comes to people being aghast if you aren't a fan. It's rather annoying.

And I love From Software games. Sekiro is pretty awesome (though I have yet to beat it).

Not everyone has to like everything, and not everyone is a fan of every developer. I'm always excited for the next From game. But that doesn't diminish my excitement from other developers I'm also fans of, like Sucker Punch.

As a huge fan of both the Sly Cooper series and the inFAMOUS series, I am stoked for Ghost of Tsushima.

I neber understand why everything has to be a competition. And some of the assumptions being made about how Ghost will play mechanically is a little silly to me.

It reminds me a lot of people dismissing Horizon: Zero Dawn because they weren't fans of Killzone. Developers grow, evolve, learn from past games, and always strive to apply that to their newest games. I have absolutely no idea how Ghost is going to feel to play, but I also have no reason to think it won't be, at the least, enjoyable to play, based off of Sucker Punch's previous games, which were also fun to play (for me, at least).

Like I said before, Ghost and Sekiro are different games, in different genres of game design. I don't feel like a comparison between the two makes sense.

Now, if it was comparing Sekiro to Nioh, I'd understand. At least those two share way more dna than they do with Ghost.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
Yes, it made me look into Ghost of Tsushima because I have absolutely 0 interest in difficult games and nothing From has put out since Lost Kingdoms 2 has been something I wanted to play. Still want to play a fun, gorgeous Samurai game and Ghost of Tshushima seems to fit that description right now.
My thoughts exactly.

My favorite From Software game is Ninja Blade and i ain't got no shame.

Oct 30, 2017
No. I get Nioh vibes from GoT, not Sekiro, because of the stances. There need to be at least five more great feudal japan games before I get tired of that setting.

Last edited:

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I wish Sekiro had Tsushima's graphics. I'm tired of Souls games looking like puke.
Sure GoT looks truly incredible. But believe me, Sekiro looks amazing on PC where I can run it at ultra settings, native 4K, with HDR and a locked 60fps. The art direction then really shines and you're not struggling with the unlocked framerate and frame pacing nightmares of the console versions.

GoT on the other hand will be 30fps on PS4/Pro (obviously with no PC version unlike Sekiro) which sucks for action games like this. Hence why I'm considering holding off until the inevitable PS5 upgrade.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
it's like asking 'has god of war 2018 impacted your interest in the next assassin's creed game that will take place in Norway and features norse gods'...

similar settings doesn't mean similar games.

Cleve

Oct 27, 2017
Sekiro didn't hold my interest at all, so no worry of burnout there.
I'm currently enjoying the hell out of Nioh 2 though, and it's making me excited for Ghost.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Hated Sekiro so it only impacted my interest as in it made me want a good Samurai/Ninja game.

CatWizard85

Mar 18, 2019
Italy
I was very interested in both and i still am. I just hope GOT will have a good swordplay because Sekiro has hugely raised the standards.

Deleted member 50761

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
I sucked at Sekiro so as long as Ghost of Tsushima isn't like Sekiro difficulty wise then I will remained more hyped than I ever was for Sekiro.

Brix

Oct 25, 2017
Two completely different games so no. Sekiro is my jam I would put it #9 in my top 10 this generation. Ghost of tsushima is doing their own thing and I've been excited for this since its reveal back in 2017. Steelbook preordered!

Last edited:

Dever

Dec 25, 2019
Nothing to do with Sekiro, but honestly nothing shown of Tsushima recently has really blown me away.

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
As much as I enjoyed Sekiro, I never beat it and after trying to go back to it a few days ago, I've found that my hands just can't keep up with the game anymore. I love that feudal Japanese setting so as long as Ghost puts less strain on my hands, I'm going to be all aboard.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
The world needs more samurai/ninja games, period. I'm excited for anything set in feudal Japan that comes our way, and Sekiro's greatness did nothing to diminish my hype for Ghost. We rarely get games with this setting/subject matter with the production values of Sekiro or Ghost, so I'm just very grateful for the existence of both.