• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Dec 2, 2017
It does, but because I'm awful at measuring my own limits, I use it for about 5 or 6 days before I overdo it and have to stop Using it.

Chaeotic

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a 6"2 bloke, 105kg. Overweight - my love of food and drink helps! I'm also fairly active, team sports all year round.

Ring Fit has helped me "stay in shape", though I'd argue I'm getting leaner doing so. I haven't lost much weight, only down 2kg since Christmas, but I'm noticing a big improvement in my physique. I'm stronger and fitter, and the body is trimming slowly day by day. It's funny - I bought with the idea of losing kilos, but now I'm happy with what progress I am making!

5 days a week for reference, half hour in game workout minutes.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yes. It helps me manage my T1D in an entertaining way when it's not feasible for me to go outside for a run/walk. I am already pretty skinny, so I can't speak to that end of it. It doesn't help build a lot of muscle, but it does help make you look good and feel good.

Delroy

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I've been doing ring fit after doing various P90X programs for years. I've kept in the same condition outside of maybe less overall mass, but feel better than ever. It's a great workout if you push yourself and work hard. As always, diet is a big piece of the equation as well.

Herb Alpert

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Paris, France
Definitely.
I play at intensity 22, try to do 20-30 minutes per day, at least 5 days a week since january, and I've never been in such a good shape. My body changed too, and this is even more awesome during these times locked inside our home.

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018
Got my copy arriving next week, excited to alternate between it and resistance band tubes+light dumbbell workouts!

I've gone from 95 to 85kg this year from gym (until covid), hoping it'll help me get to 82kg (am 5ft11). I'm not doing much intensive cardio at the moment so hoping it'll cover that well

Oct 25, 2017
It's been a decent substitute for shredding as I think it does a good job of HiiT but not really for building muscle

I'm the leanest I've ever been though, but I've been eating keto and clean for years now

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
I've used it for two months and have seen improvements in weight loss and muscle tone. It's my favorite game on the switch lol.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
I am 6'2" 170 and am an average built guy.

I thought my cardio was great. I bike around the city, I used to run cross country, I worked out 3x a week...

Tried taking on Ring Fit at the highest difficulty and it almost killed me. If used right I think it can be the real deal.

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
Most definitely. I'm on day 174ish (I've taken maybe 3-4 days off since launch), and have jogged over 200 miles through the game. It's also completely toned my upper and lower body muscles beyond where I ever imagined, and really opened the door to the idea of progressing further into fitness. I'd never in my life considered jogging outside, or going to a gym to further my muscle training until this kickstarted both disciplines. Huge fan.

neoJABES

Dec 23, 2017
Tried it for the first time last week and the workouts in the first world surprisingly kicked my ass!

I'm a guy that usually lifts weights in the gym and goes for routine runs outside. I'd say I'm in decent shape, generally.

Loved what I played so far. The one on one battles and how they have you dodifferent sets of exercises to attack are genius.

Cool game.

Arithmetician

Oct 9, 2019
Yes, when I play it 🙃 I got it on launch day but I played only like 40 days total since then, in two groups of 20. It's very good at what it does but my house is just not great for playing this sort of game, and I had to do it on silent mode most of the time.

The change in my muscle tone was very visible though, even in the just 20 hours I played.

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Being locked in my tiny appartment since the last 3 weeks, yeah it definitely helps.
If only I could had go to my parent's house for the lockdown, but I didn't have enough time to go to their house when the lockdown was announced in France, I would have been in a bigger house and a garden in order to just... You know, just walk. Take the stairs, etc.
In my tiny appartment I can't even walk that much since it's just one room + a bathroom.
So Ring Fit definitely helps !

I don't know how much it's helping, but I'm sure playing it has not decreased my well being.

Hard to gauge how much good it's doing, so far. I usually burn 100+ calories, so that seems better than nothing...

I'm very glad to own it right now, that much i can say for certain.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm finding myself more fit with it, yes.
Before that I barely exercised at all, and agoraphobia doesn't help, so I thanks Nintendo for this.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
It kind of was until I realized how much my knees were hurting from all the jogging in place. Took about a week and a half break before they stopped being sore and kind of afraid to go back to it. I know there's a non-jogging option so maybe I'll try that. The other thing is I burn like twice as many calories playing Beat Saber for the same amount of time (which is more fun) so I don't know.

Porco Rosso

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I've been doing 25 mins at level 25 every other day since the quarantine. Obviously no noticeable impact but I'd be worse off without it.

Gunpei

Mar 13, 2018
Reached level 82 today. Not really losing weight right now, because I'm quarantined at home, but I do notice a difference in condition. My girlfriend really digs it at well; she's never played been an gamer.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
I should motivate myself and go back to the game, only did like an hour of exercise...
It is really fun.

Okamiden

Oct 25, 2017
Exercise doesn't make me lose weight. But I do around 22 minutes of measured time every day and it's basically keeping me sane during the quarantine. I am incredibly tired and have a dull ache in my head every damn day except for a few hours during and after I play Ring Fit, so it's a life-saver. Glad I bought it when it was still possible...

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting Ring Fit Adventure as soon as I can, please share your process because I need to lose 40 lbs asap.

Used it ever other day for half an hour on the in game clock, moving the difficulty up as it got easier. The off days I walk 4 miles. I eat 1700 calories a day.

Takuhi

Oct 27, 2017
Ring Fit has helped me "stay in shape", though I'd argue I'm getting leaner doing so. I haven't lost much weight, only down 2kg since Christmas, but I'm noticing a big improvement in my physique. I'm stronger and fitter, and the body is trimming slowly day by day. It's funny - I bought with the idea of losing kilos, but now I'm happy with what progress I am making!

This is pretty much my experience. I'm on Day 31, usually do about an hour to an hour and a half twice a week. Built a noticeable amount of muscle mass but have only lost a pound or two. Best physique I've ever had, though, even compared to when I used to go to a gym fairly regularly.

Dec 4, 2018
I got it at launch and have really enjoyed my time with it. I'm 6'2", 300 lbs and haven't really lost weight but I'm only just recently starting to play every other day when I can. I can say I do feel better and I'm level 76, playing on difficulty 18 I think. I have little stamina, can barely make it past 12 minutes in a given session. It's really good at pushing me and making me want to press on when I physically can.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Bought mine earlier in the year, February if I recall correctly, so I dodged the bullet with covid shortage and all

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Actually yes. Is the best cardio I've gotten in a while, playing it at least 5 times a week and it has done wonders to get rid of some extra fat.

Deleted member 32135

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 9, 2017
It made me lost like 2kg of weight despite that wasn't my target. However, it has been of great help for tonifying my muscles now that I can't go to the gym... My legs hasn't been in better shape since I played football.

It's one of my favourite games and I have the desire to come back to it which is something that never happened to me with a fitness game and it's really important to keep you engaged and see some results. The variety it offers is great.

Also, I am amazed how it does many things better than some RPGs from which it takes some inspiration. I mean, grinding here makes sense!

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Weightloss is diet primarily

But its certainly toned me up and increased my motivation and ability to stick to a work out. The gameification of real exercise really is something special.

I'm slowly starting to pair it with cutting back in what I eat and generally eating better. It's an amazing game and tool.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
I've lost about 5kgs since January using it and eating a little better. Would have been more TBH but I injured my toe a month ago and it became very hard to run on the spot. Its better now and I'm getting back into it

key

Nov 7, 2017
I've lost 10-12 lbs since starting in January. Lately I've been trying to play every other day for 20-30 minutes (which takes roughly an hour in real time). I believe I started on intensity level 10 and am on 26 now. I've also tried to improve my diet/decrease portion sizes.