• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rösti

Oct 25, 2017
Can one download these dynamic theme files via desktop, or is the communication (e-mail) exclusive to PlayStation devices? Should one have the files readily available for viewing in let's say Notepad++ or similar program it would be quite interesting having a look at the code of the Play5tation file.

Notaskwid

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
H8PLvc.gif

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The only person here who knows this,our Mod Matt,didn't comment anything on this topic in months.Everybody else is guessing and speculating.
Jason is not guessing or speculating .he asked and they told him not in 2019. I know u don't like to hear it but 2019 is just reveal.release is 2020.early 2020 probably but not 2019.

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
Guys if I put a bug in a big old jar of dirty water then turn the jar around IT GETS BIGGER. OMG

Lady Gaia

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Of course it's a tease. It doesn't mean anything more is imminent, but I've consistently maintained that we don't have any real evidence to indicate whether 2019 or 2020 is more likely. We still don't and it's absurd to claim either one is clearly off the table. There are, however, plenty of tea leaves to read and people read into them whatever they want.

>__

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
Couldn't that Atlus tweet just be referring to the rumoured Switch version of Persona 5? Hence 'new hardware' for the Persona series at least.

SW is not new and is certainly not a new era. Considering what many devs are been saying its more likely next gen development has begun.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
As others have said, probably more due to it being the 5th year for PS4, than a random PS5 tease, but I guess it works fine as both.

LuigiV

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Perth, Australia
If PS5 was going to launch in 2019, we would have already heard something about it through leaks by now. A 2019 launch seems very unlikely, unless Sony is going to pull a Nintendo and not give 3rd parties dev kits with less than 12 months to launch.

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
As a coworker pointed out, Sony is VERY particular about the use of upper-case with anything to do with PlayStation. If you do graphic design for them, you have to follow very specific rules all across the board. We would need to see that whole font family to see how it treats capital and lower-case S before being sure that this wasn't just a graphic designer following upper-case orders.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
We've got five years, stuck on my eyes
We've got five years, what a surprise
ziggy-stardust-official-press-image-1485735885-article-0.jpg

We've got five years, my brain hurts a lot
We've got five years, that's all we've got

Zukkoyaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's probably just an S from an font package. The S in Holidays may be a different case or a different style within the package.

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
As a coworker pointed out, Sony is VERY particular about the use of upper-case with anything to do with PlayStation. If you do graphic design for them, you have to follow very specific rules all across the board. We would need to see that whole font family to see how it treats capital and lower-case S before being sure that this wasn't just a graphic designer following upper-case orders.
There's a capital s in Happy Holidays. The difference between them is the whole basis of this speculation.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
I don't really understand how people coming to this conclusion are "reaching". It's clearly a 5, as evidenced by the fact that the S in Happy Holidays looks different. Sony had to know people would take this and run with the assumption it's a tease for the PS5 and it would get press. I don't think it's an announcement, but it was meant to get people talking.

They are trolling us...

This, in other words.

Oct 27, 2017

Typo for the Christmas theme reminds me of Utica or Anorak, the whole family of squared condensed geometrics, and yup, that is usually the distinction between the capital S and the 5 glyphs. That's no accident, that's a very intentional 5 there.

Do with that what you will lol.

Deleted member 40133

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018

I noticed this yesterday, but the L, O and A on both stills are the exact same. The only thing that changes is the S. Since I'm at it, gonna use your post as a jumping off point. Soy is super fucking blatant about their anniversaries, the literally flashes for a few seconds. Further more, fifth anniversary is November and this is their 6th Christmas

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah there are two clearly different fonts being used there and it's gotta be intentional.

But like others mentioned, probably more has to do with the PS4 5-year anniversary.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
My uncle works for Sony and confirmed to me that Sony will skip 5 because in the ancient Easter Island dialect five means "failed game console".

So Playstation 6 CONFIRMED.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
My first thought was, "has the PS4 been out for 5 years?" Sony does not need to tease a reveal of PS5, they would probably just announce a event happening or something like Playstation Meeting.