• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mr Coopz

Jul 21, 2019
Having just coming off replaying Last Of Us ll since when I first got the game, I've allowed my self to become enthralled by the LOU universe again and all those same feeling I had about the game (including the first) have come back. Ellie and Abby are spectacular characters that left a very personal feeling towards which not many games, if any like this have made me feel. The LOU world is full
Of intrigue and a sense of journey to uncover that every area I found myself in, I lost myself in that world. But it's also brought me back to how I felt after the original, in that I thought there shouldn't have being a second and that it should have being left alone. Despite that and not at first feeling for the second when it was first announced, Neil Druckmann brought it all back to me and managed to take what the first had greatly done, and ended up doing it even better. I'm now left where I was again after the first, in that train of thought that it now really should be left alone and not touched again, but there's a small part of me that doesn't want an end yet and wants a true conclusion to Ellie and her journey. What do you think, should that now be it or should we allow ourselves to trust ND again and Neil and his team to deliver for a third and final time ?

Sponged

Oct 29, 2017
No, they killed all my enjoyment of the franchise with part 2, I'm actively trying to forget the story exists.

Now last of us multiplayer I'd be on board with day 1, the gameplay in part 2 was probably my favourite from any TPS.

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
Both Last of Us games are great in terms of story and their characters, but the second game needed an editor to make it a little more focused, they could absolutely pull of a third game.

I know I'm in the minority, but I wish they would significantly change the gameplay since I absolutely loathe actually playing both of them and their floaty controls.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Last of uS part 2 secretly shipped with a part 3 and people hated it.

I'm all for a part 4 yes

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
They already earned mine with TLOU1. TLOU2 just added to it. I'll buy TLOU3 even if the reviews are bad, just to experience it myself.

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
The ending of Part II was perfect and there's nothing more to explore out of the world / characters. As much as I want a new Abby/Lev game there's no reason for them to go through the kind of pain and trauma a whole new game would probably put them through.

They'd need a strong plot point that drives these characters to go through all that again.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have not played TLOU2, but TLOU2 existing at all means they can make TLOU3 if they want.

I kinda wish they'd left it at the first game, but from what I know of TLOU2, a third game could thematically be the game I hoped the second would be. It's not a perfect icon of story telling any more, imo, so let them try and try again. I'll be happy to see where it goes . . . eventually.

Oct 25, 2017
Last of Us 3 is my most anticipated game. It's definitely happening. And I wouldn't want anyone but Neil directing it. Of course someone else could prove to be just as good or even better, but he's already proven himself to the point where his name is synonymous with the series to me. I'm appalled by the crunch practices at Naughty Dog, but it also seems to be that way at essentially every AAA studio and not every AAA studio produces games this good.

SuperOctopus

Apr 22, 2020
After Part II that I appreciated a lot more than 1, I have total faith in ND for a Part III if they decide to do so. The story in II was definitely worth telling and ND is still at the top of their games. Then, I'd still prefer for them to try their hands at a new IP because TLOUS universe is great but damn, it is very grim. I'd love for them to do sci-fi and go bonkers with that!

Oct 25, 2017
Uh, yeah. Naughty Dog are one of the most consistent developers out there and one of the few AAA studios whose games I truly love.

KingT

Oct 30, 2017
Yes a big yes even though it's hard to surpass the previous two but I am sure they will surprise me again.

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
Not at all.

After Uncharted 4 and TLOU 2, which I found dissapointing, for me its becoming clear that TLOU 1 was lightning in a bottle.

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Yes.

Although I hope that they will produce a brand new IP game before working on next TLOU. I actually think that TLOU will not be limited at three games, they could produce so much more.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Don't think they ever needed my trust, they can do whatever the hell they want but yeah sure I want to see Punished Ellie's conclusion.
3165638-0826466299-A8DMH.jpg

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Why wouldn't they? First two games are classics. No reason to doubt them whatsoever.

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
There's no other studio I'd want to do Part III. With that said I want a new IP before they give us another sequel.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely. I was of the opinion that after the original they should just let it alone. Then came Left Behind and I thought: okay, but that's it. Nothing to ad. Than came Part II and they found a new compelling story to tell, and just as the original they used the caracteristics of the game medium to bring home the theme and message (how simple that message was).

So yeah, I'm confident they'll find a good story for Part III, and if they don't, I'm confident they won't even bother.

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
I would play a third game for sure, but I want Naughty Dog to do something new as well. I hope a third game is more tightly paced like the first game instead of pacing of Part II which wasn't really good. Pacing is becoming a bigger problem in AAA games for me.

MnM

Alt-Account
Banned
Mar 9, 2020
Only if the bring back certain character from the dead.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Absolutely yes. They've been my favorite developer since 2007 or so and part II didn't disappoint me at all. A worthy sequel to my favorite game of all time, in every possible way.

GeometryHead

Oct 27, 2017
There were parts of the second game that did not work for me, and I think the first game works much better overall, but it's still my game of the year so far. So yeah.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Fuck yes, loved TLOU2. Story didn't quite stick the landing for me but it was still enjoyable. Meanwhile every other part of that game was a 10/10. Give me more of that shit any day of the week.

Icarus

Oct 26, 2017
Earned my trust? They are the developers of the game and all that encompasses it. They can do what they like with the series as after all it's their game to articulate and architect and we are here to play out the journey they set.

Just sounds a bit entitled to say whether or not ND have earned my trust when they've already smashed it out the park with both episodes of The Last of Us....

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Lol, our trust. They will either make or not make a Last of us 3. What we think of it has very very little to do with it since it has been financially very successful.
Additionally, its their title and they can do with it whatever they like. the only part you play is either buying it or not.

laxu

Nov 26, 2017
Only if they improve on the gameplay. Looking through gameplay of Last of Us 1 not all that much has changed for two, graphics just got a lot better. The open world stuff was welcome so I would prefer more of that and less linear sections.

Ominym

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely. I liked two more than one and would love to see what else they can do.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Title is weird, but I personally wish they'd do something else. I definitely enjoyed the gameplay of Part 2 quite a bit (and overall enjoyed the game much more than the first one, which I thought was just mostly mediocre), but the world and stories and characters of these games just do nothing for me.

Manta_Breh

May 16, 2018
Uhhh .... Sure? it was a great game if not a bit too long and bloated .... But I'd rather take a new ip. The series can rest until PS6.

Wabba

Apr 12, 2018
They have my full support.

Would love a new game from Naughty Dog first, but Part III at the end of this generation would be perfect.

oofouchugh

Oct 29, 2017
Night City
I mean, they can do whatever they want. I'm not a fan of TLoU2 but honestly I'm burnt out on their cinematic linear third person games anyways so I've basically written them off completely until they try something new. I'm sure plenty of other people still enjoy their formula though.

Mafro

Oct 25, 2017
They'll earn my trust when they stop with the awful treatment of black characters.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Emphatic Yes. I never thought Part 2 would affect me the way it ended up doing. While the length of the game was a little long for the kind of gaming time I get these days, I enjoyed it for the most part. Naughty Dog can do whatever they want and I'm there.

Spirited

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
ND is a great dev so why wouldn't I trust them with tlou3? Though a new IP might be more interesting to me personally