• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you sold yet?

• Yes! Day one - did you see the Hellblade trailer?

Votes: 1,001 27.3%
  • Yes, but not right away

Votes: 325 8.9%
  • No, I need to see more

Votes: 948 25.9%
  • No, not at all

Votes: 1,393 38.0%

• Total voters

FourSerioux

Nov 1, 2017
The announcement of the system hasn't swayed me one way or another, but the business model that they've been building towards certainly has me looking in their direction. I have a strong enough PC to last for a while now however, so whether or not I bite on picking up an actual Xbox system or not is still up in the air. Certainly right now there are plenty of times I wish I had an Xbox One so I could play a lot of Game Pass games on the couch, so I'd say there's certainly a good chance I'll dive in.

That, plus Phil's personality and their approach to next gen really makes we want to support them next gen to be entirely honest.

Jul 26, 2018
Yeah for me, I think I'm in (not necessarily day one).

1. It's more or less the same price for building a mid-gen PC. My monitors are okay, my TV is a cheap 4k TV, and my sound system is a cheap 2.1 so I don't need to maximize specs, performance and such. Also, couch experience is way more comfortable to me.
2. GamePass, which I haven't tried so far, seems ideal for me: don't need to overthink before I buy a new game (can simply try and ditch), don't need to wait 18/24 months until the game goes below the 20 bucks (live on a budget), I can live without a game that's not included (I don't need to play every single game I'd like to).
3. I can't explain this but Sony's game didn't just grow on me. Maybe it's because I started as a PC gamer, but even FPS can get kinda boring today (not sure I'd try GOW or Halo), my tastes have changed so much. I played the Last of Us, greatly enjoyed it but at some point just wanted to finish it. Same with Spiderman. God of War, never had the intention to buy it even.

I believe GamePass has way more Xbox games available than PC games, so I think it's a worthy choice, and anyway I can always play Civ and other stuff with my RX570.

Grayson

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 21, 2019
User warned: Console warring
If anything Hellblade made me more excited for PS5 as it's currently thought to be <15% stranger than XsX.

ImaLawy3r

Banned
Jun 6, 2019
I'm sold because most of my friends are xbox fan boys. So, yeah - gotta get it.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
Gamepass has me more excited than anything. Well and the X is a nice piece of hardware that gives me confidence in MS going forward.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Forza is VERY hard to say no to...but i need to see what the ps5's line up looks like before i definitively decide which im buying first. Ill have both at some point but for the first year or two its just gonna be one of them or the other

ShapeDePapa

Oct 25, 2017
"The End of Console Generations" is a stated, on the public record pillar of the Xbox agenda going forward which has been understood to mean that all Xbox One consoles will run all Xbox games going forward just like all Xbox games will run on Windows.

I'm going to guess that this is not happening at all. There will be cross gen games but not all XSX games will run on XB1.

Con_Smith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sony commitment to exclusives and freedom it gives their devs says I'll hold out and maybe cop a One X on sale for some catchups on the few exclusives I cared about that I missed. I'm glad they've turned the ship around but the days of Halo being something I day one for or gears being something I'm excited about are kind of over. If their investments into studios stays healthy into next gen I may reevaluate but I have to watch Microsoft carefully.

jayspeed

Sep 19, 2019
I'm day 1 unless its too expensive. $500 USD is my price ceiling so i'd wait for a price drop/slim revision to jump in.

Sloane Ranger

Oct 27, 2017
New Albany
Game Pass anti-sold me on the system. As in if I really wanted Game Pass, which I don't - I would just go PC at that point. Get those console ONLY IPs and I might be down with it depending on how the system is set up (eying last launch setup Xbox One).

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It would take a significant life-changing event for me to feel like I could deal with more than 1 or 2 consoles at home and unfortunately for now Microsoft is in 3rd place for me.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Not yet. Gotta see the price, what PS5 backwards compatibility looks like, and a new Killer Instinct.

I'm gonna be real hesitant buying the next Xbox after dropping $500 on a console I barely played this gen.

Osiris397

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
but not all XSX games will run on XB1.
Thus far there's no indication that they've changed their plans yet. Developing and releasing an Xbox SAD at the end of a generation where they haven't done well and resorted to giving away games on the cheap to slow the exodus from the platform sounds more like planning for future backwards compatibility.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Thus far there's no indication that they've changed their plans yet. Developing and releasing an Xbox SAD at the end of a generation where they haven't done well and resorted to giving away games on the cheap to slow the exodus from the platform sounds more like planning for future backwards compatibility.

👀