• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you sold yet?

• Yes! Day one - did you see the Hellblade trailer?

Votes: 1,001 27.3%
  • Yes, but not right away

Votes: 325 8.9%
  • No, I need to see more

Votes: 948 25.9%
  • No, not at all

Votes: 1,393 38.0%

• Total voters

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Crazy to think that Day one we won't even need to buy any games.....3 years of gamepass and I'll be playing halo etc day one.

Couldn't surprise me if the console costs 50 pounds more than a ps5 but I wont need to buy games so it's a win!

V has come to

Dec 4, 2019
they have enough talented studios now to where i would probably get one if they stopped putting their games on PC, but as long as they do that i have no need for one

CuddlyREDRUM

Banned
Jun 4, 2018
They have me sold, but I hope the X Series name is just a placeholder. I am hoping the Anaconda will be the X Series, and Lockhart the S Series. Then have the name for the family of consoles be called Xbox Infinite or Xbox 2.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
Hardware doesn't matter if there aren't games I want to play, so I'll reserve judgment until they actually show stuff.

Kingdizzi

Banned
Aug 11, 2019
Not at all, it is way too early to have this conversation unless people were decided from the start anyway that they would get the next XBOX, the same way that I know I'm getting a PS5 whatever happens due to their first party. I will pick up the next XBOX eventually but priority will be PS5, however if MS start showing some very impressive games next year then I'll get it sooner rather than later.

MS and Sony simply haven't shown enough IMO for anyone on the fence to jump at this minute either way, literally 1 game for PS5 from an indie and 1 game from XBOX which was not gameplay is all we have seen.

Cleardata

Nov 1, 2017
I am in the boat where my PC exceeds to capability of the Xbox Series X and with Microsoft putting most of their exclusives on PC I really don't have a reason for an outright Xbox Series X purchase. So my next gen complement will most likely consist of PC, PS5, and Nintendo's Switch successor. I have gotten every console since the Xbox / PS2 / Gamecube era, but that should come to an end as Microsoft is decentralizing their platform. I think Microsoft is fine with me as a customer of their games and services whether I am an Xbox owner or not.

mueske

Apr 11, 2019
As long as they're releasing games on both the Series X and the base X1, my current laptop will serve me just fine. After that I'll upgrade to a laptop with a 3060 or 4060.
With Gamepass and releasing games day one on Windows and Xbox, I don't see the point in owning the console anymore.

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
Not into the console scene these days, but Game Pass and BC alone would have sold me if I were in the market.

Plus I've always loved the Xbox controller design since 360.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
They have me sold, but I hope the X Series name is just a placeholder. I am hoping the Anaconda will be the X Series, and Lockhart the S Series. Then have the name for the family of consoles be called Xbox Infinite or Xbox 2.

It 100% is not a placeholder. The showed the name, console and already have the logo produced.

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Despite owning every Xbox since the OG, I'm not at all interested in the next gen of Xbox. MS's stance on VR is a complete turn off. I'll be getting the PS5 for PSVR2.

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
The slim chance MS had to sell me a new console whent down the drain the moment they announced that all they games are also releasing on PC. I also bought an original Xbox and loved the machine way more than my PS2 in the 1st 2 years, and then in 4 years MS sent it to die by releasing a new console and abandoning an amazing machine that still had alot to give. MS consoles, never again.

If they 1st party games interest me, i get them on PC, so i wish them the best for they new 1st party studios.

Dec 31, 2017
I'm still unsure what this is, is it their next gen console or is this the cheaper version everyone was talking about?. If you buy this are they just going to put out a more powerful system in a year or two?.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From what I gather it's basically a pc, and I already have one. Assuming they keep bringing their games to pc, and the ports aren't fucked up like Master Chief Collection I'm all set.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
What no, they've barely even started. I'm not planning on getting both Xbox and Playstation, but I'm equally open to both, so it will be interesting to see which will win me over

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing they can do will ever get me to buy it solely because I can play all their games on PC. It's kind of sad all things considered, them doing the not shitty thing and actually releasing their games on the PC as both companies should is the reason I'll never buy their console but will buy a PS5. It's proof that doing good things doesn't get you anywhere.

how i feel.

though... my 'comfy couch' PC is getting ancient and i don't feel like upgrading or buying another one. could see just getting an xbox instead, perhaps a setup with ps5 in the living room, xbox in the bedroom. though even if i was a billionaire i'd feel guilty burning $ like that

Kaji AF16

Nov 6, 2017
Argentina
Yes, but about a year after launch, if all goes well.

I am already invested in the Microsoft ecosystem, I am not interested in returning to PC or Playstation, and Game Pass Ultimate has been a game changer. That said, my Xbox One X still has a lot of life in it.

Garyizraw

Sep 14, 2018
Gamepass for console and PC means that im buying their box day one. Using both services to their fullest alongside my Switch

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sold? No. Piqued my interest? Sure.

But I need to see what PS5 will bring to the table.

Sony and Microsoft will have to work hard to win over Dennis.

Deadpool_X

Oct 28, 2017
Indiana
I'm there day 0. The fact that it is fully BC with everything that plays on X1X, including the X1 controllers means that I don't even care about if the launch titles are good or not, as all my X1 games will get a significant boost in performance.

Deleted member 5086

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, yeah. I'm not sure if I'll get either system at launch (it'll depend on the launch line ups and my funds), but I am definitely sold on getting the XSX within the first year or so. MS have made some great moves over the past couple of years that has really raised my confidence in them. I got an Xbox One X a few weeks ago, which is my first Xbox console ever. Game pass is simply just too good to pass up on imo. I've been really happy with my purchase, too.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Nah, it's not a system for me since Microsoft's games come to PC.

I'm sure it will be a fine console though.

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Not 100% yet. The box is different but it's clearly powerful, which is good obviously and Hellblade 2 looks great but it's too early to say day one at the moment.

Price is a big factor and I want to see they have a good line up of 1st party games, not just for launch but for the following 12 months and onward. I don't want to pay out a system and have no games that interest me. One reason I didn't buy an Xbox One this gen.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
No. I really have no reason to invest again in Microsoft hardware. Their desire to essentially become a 3rd party publisher and put their games on multiple platforms makes buying an Xbox completely pointless, at least for me.

I'll stick with PC, PS5, and Switch. If Sony starts doing the same thing, then I won't have a reason to buy a PS5 either.

Hogger

Nov 18, 2017
Not on the console, but if they maintain their strategy of releasing on PC with GamePass Ultimate then I'll be PC/PS5 next gen w/ Switch for Nintendo exclusives. That's a no compromise situation :)

AtomicShroom

Tools & Automation
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Nope. Not until we know more about their plans in regards to DRM/always online and the like. Any way in which they'll try and screw us over. What if they try to bring back the policies they originally wanted for Xbox One? I simply don't trust them.

zoabs

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 7, 2018
I'll buy it day one because I love Halo, but the One has been a disappointing generation in terms of exclusives for me.

I'd need to see more gameplay (from even Halo) to make me a true believer

G_Zero

alt account
Banned
Mar 19, 2019
I'd rather they compromise size and not power. Which is what they've done. If it's as quiet as the X like they say then I'm a happy camper. Cheers.
My point is that they absolutely compromised on both, otherwise it wouldn't be quiet within their chosen price range. ;-)

Anyway, it's just me being pedantic. Moving on.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Nope. Not sold on any new console yet.

Haven't seen specs or pricing for the new Xbox. Just rumors.

Subnats

One Winged Slayer
Nov 13, 2017
Ireland
As long as the catalogue of Backwards Compatible games keeps expanding, I'll be sure to pick one up eventually.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
I mean, by virtue of the fact that I buy every major console eventually, I am sold, but I'm definitely going to have to see what Sony is bringing to the table before I get on board. Also probably going to wait for a redesign, as unless I can put this thing on its side there's no way it's fitting in my entertainment system.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
I like the design of the "box" and buddy of mine keeps telling me to get an Xbox. I had a working gaming PC and I'd sooner get another before an Xbox because it's more versatile. Also Sony's first party and Japanese developer support is better. I've never been a fan of Team Ninja games either so MS has to do much more than a music video from them to convince me to purchase their product over a PC which would allow me play their games or a PS5.

C.Mongler

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Washington, DC
Really depends on the PC-Xbox Gamepass disparity for me to be honest. Right now there's tons of stuff that hits Xbox but not PC. I'm locked in the program until almost 2023, so if it stays that way I'll probably end up picking one up at some point.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
I think they will have a much better gen and it is much more attractive than the XB1. They have done a great job attracting Xbox fans and those subscribed to gamepass. For me though it is not enough. We'll see about games though. I literally can't so no to a PS5 right now thanks to all the PS4 games I have which will most likely be compatible. I also can't so no to sequels that are most likely coming like spider man 2, horizon 2, good of war 2, etc.

I hope they keep putting their stuff on PC though. They can get me in their ecosystem that way! They just haven't yet.