• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you sold yet?

• Yes! Day one - did you see the Hellblade trailer?

Votes: 1,001 27.3%
  • Yes, but not right away

Votes: 325 8.9%
  • No, I need to see more

Votes: 948 25.9%
  • No, not at all

Votes: 1,393 38.0%

• Total voters

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
How do you all feel Phil Spencer and company have done so far with the rollout of Xbox Series X? Are you sold yet? Hyped? Not at all? If not, what do they need to do to improve?

For me personally, I think they have done a great job piecing the entire puzzle together thus far. The prospects of Hellblade and Halo close to launch, impressive visuals, Game Pass and back compat seems like they are focusing on the right things this go around.

What do y'all think?

This feels really premature, TBH. The bulk of their message has yet to be revealed, and there's a lot of games still to be shown.

this question should really be apt after E3 2020 when the 'content' question is expected to be answered.

hellblade has got to be years away btw. 2022-23 at the earliest

Most likely it'll arrive in 2021. Game development started in 2018, it's an established team and they aren't starting from scratch.

2023? You must be having a laugh.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I own a PC, so no. If I was going to spend $500 on gaming hardware, I'd spend it on upgrading my PC. I'll continue being in their ecosystem on PC, though. Got Game Pass Ultimate through 2022.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
No. Hellblade 2 was impressive but it's not something I'm really interested in. I'm mostly a Sony guy myself anyway as they tend to have more of the type of games that I wanna play. Sure it would be nice to own both consoles but I can't really afford such a thing.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
If I was interested in a console I'd currently be a good bit more interested in an Xbox than a PS5 with what little we know. This seems like a question for six months from now though.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
I'm always hyped for a new console from the big 3. Always. New consoles are just exciting.

But assuming you're asking if I'm excited beyond my usual "new consoles are cool" hype, the answer is not yet, but it's close!

I think Game Pass makes me very excited at the prospect of starting a new gen and just having access to the whole first party launch lineup.

But what will really push me over the edge is the presence of a launch game I know I'll absolutely adore and can't wait to play. And that's very, very likely to be Halo Infinite. But there's no denying the game is still a big question mark.

But it's a big question mark that keeps teasing me in pretty amazing ways.

nbnt

Oct 26, 2017
Since everything from MS is also on PC, the only thing that could sell me on XSX is if it's played every Xbox/360 disc without having to download anything.

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
Knowing me I'll likely buy it but I need a lot more info. MS seems pretty confident though. They said they don't want people to preorder it until they can't get their hands on the machine.

SCUMMbag

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I'm all subbed up on gamepass so I'm in day one unless they completely drop the ball over the next year.

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018
Was planning to buy regardless but this question is pre mature for anyone that was on the fence.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
I'm only going with the Microsoft ecosystem next-gen, the question will be if I stick with PC or just go back to console.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I can'r get "sold" on a future device when the only thing I know about it (console wise) is how it looks like and its name

same goes for the PS5

way to early to judge

Nov 1, 2017
Naw

Xbox needs games to get me interested, and as Chad Daddy put it nicely 12 years ago:

qtRBMlC.png

Such a tired cliche. Xbox has games. It has a lot of extremely good games. More games than anyone would ever have the time to realistically sit down and play unless you have been unemployed for the last 7 years and gaming is a full time hobby. As for the exclusives argument, well thats down to personal taste but for my mind the XB1 had a far better launch lineup of exclusives than the PS4 did (they only recently started to shine about 2 years after the thing launched). Even at this late stage i legitimately enjoy Microsoft exclusives much more than Sony ones.

Can we all agree at this point that "HUR DUR XBOX HAZ NO GAMES LOL" is console warrior bullshit? Thanks.

Mengetsu

Oct 27, 2017
No. I loved my 360 back in the day but, going from that to PS4 and enjoying my time with it I don't need a second console. My Switch collects dust and Iv'e realized Playstation is more than enough for me.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
No.

But if there's a cheap Game Pass console that I can use for years to come I'll be very interested in it.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nah, I'll be playing all their games on PC.

Excited to see what they show off at E3. Also exciting that I already sort of own my 'next-gen console' with Microsoft's PC strategy.

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
I like the look and can hopefully play my X games on it. But as always i need to see the launch games. If they are good then day one. Same for PS5.

pezzie

Oct 27, 2017
As a PC gamer primarily I don't think I'll be getting Microsoft's new box, as any game they release will be available for me, but I hope they do well!

drag00n18

Banned
Dec 7, 2018
I will have one day one. The design, the specs, Game Pass, the investment in games, etc has me extremely impressed. It's hard to fault their current strategy. Team Xbox won me over when they released the Xbox One X. I want a PS5 and Switch 4K too however Microsoft is getting my dollars first.

Citizen Rizer

Oct 27, 2017
Exclusive games are the only motivating factor for me, and Microsoft has a dismal track record on that front. Maybe all the recent acquisitions will lead to better games, but I'll have to wait and see.

Super Barrier

Nov 20, 2017
I got my PCFinancial points ready. This box is basically paid off already. Hellblade 2 trailer was such an amazing trailer to announce a console with. I am still watching it.

Fredrik

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah I'm so not fence-sitting this time! I'll be there day 1 unless they mess up the launch and delay it in my country like the last time.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Such a tired cliche. Xbox has games. It has a lot of extremely good games. More games than anyone would ever have the time to realistically sit down and play unless you have been unemployed for the last 7 years and gaming is a full time hobby. As for the exclusives argument, well thats down to personal taste but for my mind the XB1 had a far better launch lineup of exclusives than the PS4 did (they only recently started to shine about 2 years after the thing launched). Even at this late stage i legitimately enjoy Microsoft exclusives much more than Sony ones.

Can we all agree at this point that "HUR DUR XBOX HAZ NO GAMES LOL" is console warrior bullshit? Thanks.
I don't think he was serious, but he should have just said "games i can't already play on my PC at better graphics/framerates."

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

Bro I owned a 360 last gen, it had a fuckton of Japanese exclusives from developers like FromSoftware. Sony's got that front locked down this gen and if Microsoft ain't gonna bother pushing for that shit + are willy nilly with putting their games on PC then I'm gonna pick up a PS5. Simple. Why would I buy an Xbox knowing that I can play all these exclusives on my PC for $1.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
These pollls get the equivalent of review bombed by people that hate the opposing system (same thing will happen when the ps5 gets revealed).

The "no not at all" option shouldn't even be there, let the people who genuinely feel that way comment in the thread.

I'm.there day 1 mostly because I have their $200 elite controller from last gen and I can use it day 1 on their new console.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Choosing sides is dumb. I want to be able to play all the games that comes out, no matter the platform. Plus, game pass makes skipping the new Xbox a truly silly move imo

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017
Yes.

All I needed to know is that:

A) The console is not underpowered
B) Game Pass includes all 1st Party Games
C) Microsoft has 15 internal studios now, many of which are talented

TooBusyLookinGud

Graphics Engineer
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
California
Design wise, hell yes!! Now I have to see what Phil is doing with those studios he bought. If he can prove that he's not going to butcher them, I'm sold.

We need more cinematic experiences and not bro-up games.