• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you sold yet?

• Yes! Day one - did you see the Hellblade trailer?

Votes: 1,001 27.3%
  • Yes, but not right away

Votes: 325 8.9%
  • No, I need to see more

Votes: 948 25.9%
  • No, not at all

Votes: 1,393 38.0%

• Total voters

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How do you all feel Phil Spencer and company have done so far with the rollout of Xbox Series X? Are you sold yet? Hyped? Not at all? If not, what do they need to do to improve?

For me personally, I think they have done a great job piecing the entire puzzle together thus far. The prospects of Hellblade and Halo close to launch, impressive visuals, Game Pass and back compat seems like they are focusing on the right things this go around.

What do y'all think?

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
User Warned: platform wars
Naw

Xbox needs games to get me interested, and as Chad Daddy put it nicely 12 years ago:

qtRBMlC.png

Last edited:

CalamityPixel

Oct 27, 2017
They don't really have to sell it to me cause I have a few years of Gamespass.

I'll eventually upgrade whenever I have money or need the performance boost.

But Hellblade 2 and Halo Infinite are some tasty games

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How do I know?
All In know is that it will have an SSD, modern AMD hardware and the design of the case.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Need to see more. Namely PS5 to contrast and weigh against.

They absolutely have my interest (and they have it enthusiastically!) but they have not sealed a deal yet.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I don't play on PC and GamePass is an amazing service plus Obsidian, Ninja Theory, and Playground with Fable will be making exclusives for them so I'll pick it up eventually

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
They got my interest, which is all that teaser was supposed to achieve IMO.
The "selling you on the console" part comes later when they reveal the pricing, availability, launch and launch window line up.

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
Up until some Japanese games start coming out for it, I'm not sure what else it could do to sway me.

It just doesn't have the games I'm interested in.

Deleted member 8784

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I love what I've seen so far and I'm definitely open to getting one, but I want to see the competition first.

Deleted member 9486

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
No way they can. I'd rather upgrade my PC for their games if there's enough exclusives in their ecosystem I want to play next gen.

Last edited:

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
I don't have enough information on it yet, but probably the opposite really. With Game Pass/A lot (all?) of Xbox exclusives also coming to PC I'd prefer to just pump more money into my PC.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
They haven't even shown any gameplay nor have they fully revealed their console. It's not even 2020 yet!

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
I have a gamepass sub until 2022 june and a capable PC. No need to buy a new Xbox where the games are 3 times more expensive then PC in my region.

IvanSlavkov

Oct 27, 2017
Bulgaria
Having gamepass on my PC does not help at all. Why would I invest in a dedicated box when I already have a hardware that plays their games.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
My stance right now: Yes, but not right away.

This could (and probably will) change after E3 2020. I want to see what their launch lineup and their lineup for the first year looks like. I own a One X, so I'm also curious to see how the late 2020 games will run on it compared to the Series X.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Looks amazing, immediately spent $120 or Amazon credit for Game Pass til 06/2022.

Will be there day one.

bane833

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Not really. I have zero interest in their business model and most of their games. The few games i want (Ori) i can get somewhere else.

Sasaud

Oct 28, 2017
I've never been an xbox guy but if they deliver on the games and power + the game pass then u bet that i will buy their next gen console.

Sid

Banned
Mar 28, 2018
No Sir, this is the least interested I have been in a new generation ever.

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
Focus on games over gimmicks - check
Focus on power - check
Focus on making a silent console - check
Backwards compatibility including the 360 - check

Yeah, day 1.

Deleted member 4413

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep. They sold me awhile ago when they first started talking about the features it was gonna have. The fact they are going to have a robust 1st party lineup is just icing on the cake.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I'm currently day one but this could sway. Interested to see sonys box and what their plans are.

Only thing I'm gutted about is ms has now got the ball rolling on hype and sonys announcement isnt probably fir a few months.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
Probably go PS5 as my main console and upgrade my SAD with a discounted
Lockhart at some point to use a BC/Gamepass/Xcloud machine. But we'll see. Willing to be sold.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
Not really. I might still get one down the road, but there's just not enough of the type of games I like.

xolsec

Feb 18, 2018
I'm interested in playing hellblade, but what keeps me from playing it on a gaming PC that's more powerful?

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
I need to see what ps5 is.

Microsoft hasn't shown much of anything. I need to be given at the very least confirmation that gamepass will be as strong as it has been recently.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
I play on PC so I am not sold on the system and not sure I ever will be. However I am sold on, and am excited for the future of, MS' ecosystem itself. Which I don't see myself leaving anytime soon.

OP
OP
Vire

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
hellblade has got to be years away btw. 2022-23 at the earliest
You think? That'd be a bummer but nonetheless - still excited for it.
Focus on games over gimmicks - check
Focus on power - check
Focus on making a silent console - check
Backwards compatibility including the 360 - check

Yeah, day 1.
That's what I'm thinking too, combine that with Game Pass.

It reminds me of the PS4 market approach, powerful system, non fluff bullshit. Just games.