• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Has Microsoft/343's tight-lipped approach to Halo Infinite increased or decreased your interest?

• Increased - I'm dying to know more

Votes: 414 43.4%
  • Decreased - it's giving me a bad feeling about the game

Votes: 540 56.6%

• Total voters
Oct 28, 2019
How about it does nothing to my excitement level? I don't think we need tons of prerelease information for people to pick apart or justify why the game is god-like or terrible. Just wait. This forum is weird because if some people don't get what they want it's time to complain and nitpick. Just relax and be patient. If it's great you'll know and if you think it's terrible, wait for reviews. Personally I havent bought a Halo game yet that was a total unsatisfying failure so at worst it'll be ok.

Deleted member 1120

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With everything going on right now. I'm actually very patient with the way they've handled things. I'm excited to see more but I'm not dying.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
zero effect. looking forward to whenever they show though. i think it'll be pretty baller.

because it pretty much has to. not sure ms would allow anything else for this one

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, alot closer then i thought it would be on this forum. Definitely looking good for 343i, they need to deliver though. Spartan Lock being killed by Chief would be a start.

Fezan

Oct 26, 2017
I am mostly interested in SP side of Halo series. Halo 4 was bad and Halo 5 was shit But I am still optimistic about it

Oct 28, 2017
No effect.

I can't blame companies at all for being tight-lipped about this kind of thing. Gaming fans have proven that they can get upset about anything - remember puddle-gate with Spiderman PS4? If I were in their place I wouldn't start setting expectations until things were as dialed-in as possible.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Fuckin lol, I can't imagine a world where there's no more Halo after 3.

This is some batshit hot take imo. Halo is one of the greatest franchises in gaming. It's a juggernaut in relevance, critical reception and financial success with its brand, both in and outside of gaming. The fact that this opinion is still a thing in 2020 is some crap.

EDIT: Forget it, I don't care and this is obviously a question that won't be received well here.

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
I am definitely going to get it and hyped for it. As for the marketing so far, it's been rather hmmmm neither plus or negative. I am sure they will blow it out in next 2-3 months however.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The poll doesn't really accurately express my feelings for either choice. I love Halo and remain excited to play Infinite, but I also hate how dragged out it's been. Announcing it two whole years in advance was fucking stupid. We are now in its release year and still have just about the same level of knowledge about the game as we did two years ago when it was teased. I'm excited, but I'm also tired of this. I don't "have a bad feeling" about the game, I just wanna see it already. But it's not a happy edge-of-my-seat hype, it's a "show us the damn game already, 343" hype.

Detective

Oct 27, 2017
Neither.
As a Halo fan it kills me to say this but there is no bar to raise and there is no possible way it will be worse than than 4 and 5. So anything above these mediocrity will please.

Hopefully all this silence and extra dev time will result in a Halo game.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I still have hype for it since it's a Halo game that seems to be going back to basics but aside from that there's nothing to be excited about. I could be way more excited for it if I actually knew something about it, that'd be cool.

Rogue Kiwi

Chicken Chaser
Banned
May 5, 2019
IIRC all previous Halos had a beta at the start of the year of their release. The fact that we don't even have gameplay footage six months before launch now is a bit concerning.

SlipperyMoose

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think it has made me more interested since I don't know what to expect. I mean we are getting a new Halo and a new Xbox this year plus I already "own" it with Game Pass so no matter what I'm going to be 100% checking it out.

Oct 30, 2017
IIRC all previous Halos had a beta at the start of the year of their release. The fact that we don't even have gameplay footage six months before launch now is a bit concerning.
What good would it do if a beta is made available on current consoles? They obviously have to wait for the official MS "Go" before showing any next Gen gameplay and "wow" people.
Once we've seen gameplay on the new hardware, then a beta will be made available with a clear messaging that it's not representative of the final product.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Personally it's decreased it. It's kinda weird that they showed Hellblade 2 during the Series X reveal instead of Halo imo. A gameplay sizzle reel would have been hype.

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017
Not sure you can read too much into the lack of information... and to be fair, we've had a couple of trailers.

It will be the major launch title for the Series X. And it would obviously have gotten huge billing at E3.

We will find out a lot more about Halo in the next 2-3 months.

Phamit

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know why I should be less or more excited, just because they didn't show anything for some time now.

Oct 26, 2017
Both really, I'm very worried it will end up being more of the same and am craving for more details for some reassurance that the game is on the right track

Tappin Brews

#TeamThierry
Oct 25, 2017
I LOVED the glimpse of story telling and character development we saw at e3 2019, which is apparently the opening of the game. if the rest of the story telling is like that i feel quite good about infinite going in (almost) blind.

Prine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
EDIT: Forget it, I don't care and this is obviously a question that won't be received well here.
Its a poor judgement call tbh. A great Halo would absolutely be one of the best sellers next gen. The franchise itself is still quite huge, there's a new show on the way, and once MS start Thier hype machine there's nothing quite like it.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Halo isn't founded on SP or MP.

Some people, like myself, love the lore. If you love MP, then H5 should be a high mark.

... And that highmark came from 343i :)

I love MP and Halo 5 definitely isn't a high mark. Higher than Reach, 4 and MCC, but that's not really saying much. H5 was frustrating, but enjoyable.

I think they botched the SP and the lore.

You're right, halo isn't founded on SP or MP... its founded on being an ace of all trades, and a leader in defining the modern social experience.

Oct 26, 2017

Some people, like myself, love the lore. If you love MP, then H5 should be a high mark.

Even if you liked the gameplay changes absolutely not, game launched barebones and was slow dropped content that should have been at launch, not to mention the awful micro transaction that trashed multiplayer customization to bolster some failed mode

Suburban Thug

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Midwest
343i gave us a great SP in H4

H5 had a great MP.

To say 343i gave us nothing is laughable.

I am hoping that H:I gives us the complete package.
This post is hilarious. Halo 4 has a garbage campaign, possibly the worst in the series, and awful multiplayer that tries too hard to be Call of Duty. Halo 5 multi isn't anything close to Halo 3 or even Reach.

343i has screwed up the Halo franchise from lackluster sequels to the terrible handling of master chief collection which was broken on xbox one for literally years.

nullZr0

Alt account
Banned
Mar 2, 2020
If it's not MA17 and with split screen...I just wont bother. Team has had many chances.
Why does every AAA game have to be like a shitty R-rated action film to you people? I'm sick of that. If Disney can make billions shipping action movies without gratuitous language and violence, game makers should be able to as well.

Mr_DyZ

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
That's like saying you distrust Guerrilla games because you didn't like Killzone Shadowfall. Even with the existence of the superb Horizon Zero Dawn

Illogical.

I disagree.

What... Halo 5's MP is good. It's not the best in the series by any means but it's serviceable. Nothing has touched Halo CE - Halo 3 as far as MP is concerned. That should be evident by player count too.

The first game had bad multiplayer so that negates the second one having great multiplayer? How's that logic work?

Halo 5's MP is fine, but like I mentioned above, it's not the best in the series. If you're saying it's a high mark for 343, sure. But they don't have a lot to compare to.

Mr_DyZ

Banned
Jun 12, 2019
This post is hilarious. Halo 4 has a garbage campaign, possibly the worst in the series, and awful multiplayer that tries too hard to be Call of Duty. Halo 5 multi isn't anything close to Halo 3 or even Reach.

343i has screwed up the Halo franchise from lackluster sequels to the terrible handling of master chief collection which was broken on xbox one for literally years.

You'll get people blasting you, but you're absolutely right. Convinced anyone who says Halo 5's MP is the best in the series, hasn't played anything pre-Reach. If they did, then they are 1000% in the minority on that thought.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
absolutely increased but obviously i'm not like specifically excited, if that makes any sense?

like I want a new halo game for sure, and the hints of it sound dope, but I also just don't know anything about what that actually means the game will be like in practice.

It's honestly always been like that with halo games, maybe even moreso with bungie.

I guess what i'd say is I am extremely ready TO be excited.

that's where I'm at

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No gameplay and we've been waiting all this time.. we know more about the Series X and Lockhart than we know about Halo Infinite and that's what troubles me. That screenshot that leaked does it's bit to scare me also.

Kabuki Waq

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Why does every AAA game have to be like a shitty R-rated action film to you people? I'm sick of that. If Disney can make billions shipping action movies without gratuitous language and violence, game makers should be able to as well.

It's because halo is a mature franchise. The blood splatter had alot to the satisfaction and atmosphere when in combat. What makes you think this is anything like a shitty R rated movie?

Not everything needs to be R rated but halo was better for it.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Figured id be in the minority but even as someone who's all around been disappointed by 343i's contribution to Halo, Ive been looking forward to whatever they come out with Halo Infinite.

McScroggz

The Fallen
Jan 11, 2018
I guess it depends on how you feel about the 343i Halo games. To me I wasn't a fan, so the silence doesn't inspire me.

Super Havoc

Banned
Aug 24, 2018
The Haven
It's increased my interest but it's also annoyed the shit outta me.

I want to know more but then I know more is coming in a few months anyway and I feel I can wait until then.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Them being tight lipped doesn't bother me at all, especially since some of the pre-release marketing with Halo 5 created some tension once the plot was way different than teased.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd just kill for a super vague, non cinematic tease.

Like a picture of water (paging Stinkles )

a8Dlwm5.jpg

blamite

Oct 27, 2017
I suppose that realistically the reveal cycle is just very closely tied to that of the Series X so they can't show stuff as early as usual and don't want to show off the Xbox One version, but I can't shake the feeling that 343 is just afraid of showing anything off early because it'll inevitably just give people things to be pissed about for all kinds of different reasons so they're holding everything until the last possible moment so that the typical Halo marketing hype machine can drown that out as much as possible.

Halo has just been so may different things to different people over the years that making a new game that makes anyone happy just seems like an impossible tightrope to walk at this point. I sure as hell wouldn't want to have to try it.