• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Has Microsoft/343's tight-lipped approach to Halo Infinite increased or decreased your interest?

• Increased - I'm dying to know more

Votes: 414 43.4%
  • Decreased - it's giving me a bad feeling about the game

Votes: 540 56.6%

• Total voters

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
5118ebed-e949-42e3-80de-37502cec73a4.jpg

This game is supposedly coming out by the end of the year but we haven't seen any gameplay yet despite it being announced way back in 2018.

What are your hopes for the game? Why do you think they're holding their cards so close to their chest? Do you think there will be a Halo Infinite blowout at Microsoft's online "E3" event this year? Let's discuss.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
343 doesn't exactly have the best track record with Halo so they have yet to win me over. Hard to get excited over nothing.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
I'm indifferent about the game right now, it could release or not and that would not change much. Like, I was a bit hyped when it was announced, but now, it's been 2 years and we have seen nothing, so I don't really care about it anymore.

Wake me when we get actual stuff.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Since the Slipspace Engine trailer I've been wanting to see Halo Infinite. It's been 5 years since Halo 5, I can't wait to see what 343 is working on.

Samb

Oct 28, 2017
I think Halo lost its value a long time ago. So.. neither? I just don't care about this franchise anymore.

Outrun

Oct 30, 2017
343 doesn't exactly have the best track record with Halo so they have yet to win me over. Hard to get excited over nothing.

343i gave us a great SP in H4

H5 had a great MP.

To say 343i gave us nothing is laughable.

I am hoping that H:I gives us the complete package.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Need to see more but I'm definitely interested, but was completely unmoved by that in engine trailer we got however long ago. Show us gameplay please and thanks.

ShinAmano

Oct 30, 2017
Neither...but I am annoyed to not see more of it yet. Day 1 for sure but feed me please.

Absolute

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Fairly indifferent since 4 tbh. I always buy and play a Halo game. I will not miss a release but as someone who just plays the campaign in coop the last two releases were a disappointment. I'd be delighted to be blown away by this one.

Tengrave

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I want this game to be fantastic. I am worried about it. I voted decreased. I think a lot of that feeling comes from being very hyped for 5 after "Hunt The Truth" and then having none of that pay off in anyway. 5 is still the only one I played once. Multiplayer was incredible though.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
The silence has done nothing in particular. But everything they showed and said has been perfection to me so far, it's the most excited I've been since probably 3.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
They have yet to make a good Halo game, so the lack of information makes me even more concerned.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
There's no reason to be hyped about Infinite given how terrible 343 have been so far overall with the franchise. They couldn't even release Reach on its own properly.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
It makes me think that they need more time tbh (assuming XSX isn't delayed).

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's doing nothing to instill confidence in me given the track record. and particularly after Halo 5.

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
Neither? I'm not really thinking about it at all right now. There are so many other more tangible games to worry about.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Neither really.

I enjoyed Halo 4 and 5 so I'm excited to see where they go with Infinite. Keeping quiet until now isn't really a sign of anything at this point. It's Halo. They can even wait a few months before launch before turning the marketing machine on. It'll be everywhere within seconds lol.

Juan

Oct 28, 2017
H5 had a great MP.

I guess it depends who you ask.

Halo 4 campaign was kind-of confusing for both new and veteran players with all the extra-media it required to be perfectly understood (Video terminals, 3 books, etc...) and move forward with it.

Halo 5 MP launched with 3 multiplayers mode and without Forge if I recall correctly, letting down a lot of the multiplayer community, on top of being somehow an exigeant game regarding gameplay, so it could may not be very pleasing/fun to all veteran players and also new players.

Sure, to say 343 gave nothing would be incorrect, but it's probably not correct to say that 343 gave the Halo community what it was used/expecting/deserving when it comes to Halo.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The lack of multiplayer flighting has me a little worried but, based on what we've seen, Infinite is on the right track, direction wise. We'll see, hopefully soon.

Oct 25, 2017
It wouldn't worry me so much if the creative director didn't leave the studio and then the replacement for the creative director also didn't follow suit.

Last time I saw major game project go through this many major positions coming and going along with very little of the game being shown off was Mass Effect: Andromeda.

So, yeah. I am a little hesitant on Halo Infinite.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
I thought most people liked Halo 4? They don't seem terrible. Maybe people just have ridiculously high standards for that franchise.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
I'm dying to know more, but not because of the silence. It's Halo. That's reason enough for me.

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

H5 had a great MP.

I am hoping that H:I gives us the complete package.

I wish I shared this opinion, Halo 4 was my first Halo and I thought it was so boring.
Haven't touched 5's sp but I love the multi.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
I'm sure this will follow the same trajectory as 4 and 5. The reveal and the ensuing silence creates more tantalizing possibilities in my head than 343 are interested in pursuing. The more I learn, the more I will be disappointed.

elzeus

Oct 30, 2017
Increased my hype if they're going bold with the future of the mainline games. If it's the same old same old then I'll never be hyped for a Halo again.

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
They obviously want an info blow out when it's shown off on Xbox Series X. Honestly, I only need a few months of previous and advertisements prior to release for me to get excited for a game. It seems weird to me that people need to be force fed information for months and years before a game is released.

Apr 30, 2019
They haven't shown us gameplay because it's a next gen game and they're not ready to show off any next gen games yet. It means nothing. I'm definitely hyped for infinite. Halo 5 had the best multiplayer of the generation, and the campaign, while not quite as good as other Halo games, was still in another league compared to 90% of the campaigns I've played this gen.

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It hasn't had an impact on my hype level eitherway. I'm liking the art direction though.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
343, like usual, has handled this horribly so far. I'm dying to know more, but at the same time the lack of news has also made me completely disinterested at the same time, it's weird. Like it'll be awesome to finally see it, but don't care when it happens now. I'm sure it'll be pushed back even further with the corona virus happening now, too.

I know creating a new engine and tieing it to the launch of the Series X is what's taking so long, but it also gives the impression the game has been in development hell considering we haven't seen anything except two trailers. They announced it way too early.

DidactBRHU3

Oct 17, 2019
Fortaleza - Ceará
I thought most people liked Halo 4? They don't seem terrible. Maybe people just have ridiculously high standards for that franchise.
I kind of like that because while people claims that Halo is dead since Halo 2, it pushes the devs to deliver crazy good games to me imo, and yes Halo 5 included.
They haven't shown us gameplay because it's a next gen game and they're not ready to show off any next gen games yet. It means nothing. I'm definitely hyped for infinite. Halo 5 had the best multiplayer of the generation, and the campaign, while not quite as good as other Halo games, was still in another league compared to 90% of the campaigns I've played this gen.
Yep.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018

It's cross gen

Outrun

Oct 30, 2017
The "Nothing" refers to the fact that we've seen zero actual gameplay.

MS usually gives as a teaser at E3 18 months prior to release, and gameplay at E3 before it releases during the Fall.

Not seeing any gameplay shouldn't be disturbing.

I could be massively wrong though!

Oct 27, 2017
Its a catch 22 any way you go about it.

If they dont announce halo then everyone goes MS hates halo when there is not announcement

If they announce halo early and people dont hear anything for a while then things must be bad.

If they announce halo early and reveal lots of details, when the game comes out everyone is upset because they spoiled everything early

Altair

Jan 11, 2018
Neither. Halo is my favorite franchise in gaming and that's reason enough to get me excited and for it to be a day 1 purchase.

Col.Asher

Nov 10, 2017
Neither, I keep forgetting it exists. Granted, I lost interest in halo with 343's first outing, halo 4

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Your poll presents a false choice. Are you concerned about virtually every next-gen game? Because Sony and Microsoft both haven't really shown any next-gen stuff yet, as you'd expect considering the consoles can't even be pre-ordered yet. And they aren't going to let the first look at gameplay be the current gen version.

If anything, Halo is actually the next-gen game we've seen the most of, as there's been two trailers.

If Microsoft's E3-replacement comes and goes, and we still haven't seen much of Halo, THEN I'd start to worry that there's issues. Hell, 343 said at E3 2019 that their plan was to basically go silent for a long while -- and that's exactly what they've done.

Halo is going to be part of Microsoft's hype machine rolling up to the console launch, meaning they will reveal more of the game at a time that they think will have maximal impact for the hardware, not just the game.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Neither, I personally dont trust 343. I'll wait till I can play it myself. I'm hoping it good though, since I'd like to play a good SP halo game again. I dont care too much for the MP with any game these days, not just halo.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MS usually gives as a teaser at E3 18 months prior to release, and gameplay at E3 before it releases during the Fall.

Not seeing any gameplay shouldn't be disturbing.

I could be massively wrong though!

2018 we got an announcement
2019 we got an in engine cutscene

we're headed towards 3 "E3's" since teaser before we've seen gameplay. That's definitely not Normal for Halo.