• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm curious if people feel that they have changed their eating habits permanently as a result of COVID or if they are eager to revert to normalcy... One would think that three months would be long enough to turn new habits into routine, but maybe people don't like their new lifestyles and want to go back to how things were before?

A few questions:

- Do you expect to eat at restaurants as much as you did before post-lockdown?

- Has your diet gotten healthier or less healthy as a result of the quarantine?

- Have you improved as a cook?

- Have you been going to the grocery store more or less often?

- Are you snacking more as a result of being at home more?

- Have you noticed any changes in weight?

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, same really 🤔 i'm a little fatter but i think it was the very sedentary lifestyle. I've never been the kind of person to go to restaurants a lot so that's basically the same too.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I cook more often, eat smaller portions, but find myself grabbing quick snacks now when I didn't before. Like a handful of potato chips and some dip, or a bunch of grapes.

Feb 29, 2020

I'll choose better where I eat after the lockdown.

Much healthier, eating a lot of vegs I didn't use to eat.

Yeah, especially korean food!

Less often, since we kinda stock some food now for more days.

I do >_<

I was 88 before the lockdown, now I'm 90 >_< Maybe because food is always avaliable now.

Couleurs

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
I'm probably done with dine-in until restaurants make sick leave mandatory through the industry. Not gonna risk eating somewhere that doesn't allow its employees to call in sick without fear of losing their jobs.

My diet sucks in general, but I exercise a lot so I have only gained a few pounds since the gyms closed so I'm not too worried about things yet. I'm starting to lose it to get ready for summer hiking, so maybe that'll inspire me to learn how to cook healthier at some point.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I go to the store as little as possible, I usually did a quick stop at the grocery after work for some snacks so I snack even less.

I haven't cooked really big stuff really, supermarkets are a hellscape and I want to get out of there ASAP, I don't have the patience and tolerance to calmly gather all the ingredients I need.

Ă„lg

Banned
May 13, 2018
The biggest change is that I only eat once a day now, been doing it for a few months. Probably isn't going to be sustainable once I go back to the office, so I'm curious to see what that shift is going to look like for me lol.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
I never wasted an obscene amount of money by going out to restaurants or whatever so no, nothings changed.

I continue to eat home cooked meals and the leftovers that come along with it.

jml

Mar 9, 2018
I've been cooking a lot more and expanding my options that way. I'm definitely gonna be eating less takeout and fast food after things get back to normal because I'm realizing how much easy/good/cheap stuff I can make at home.

Oct 27, 2017
I eat meals I cook myself the vast majority of the time, so eating out hasn't changed. I don't do delivery.
Health-wise nothing as changed in what I cook. I go grocery shopping less often now as I try to minimize my exposure to people not living with me.

Last edited:

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't eaten fast food in 3 months. Before this I would eat fast food at least 3 times a week. I imagine eventually I'll fall back into the same habits.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
I was REALLY good about cooking our own meals on a daily basis when it first started, but I gradually lost steam so it's been a lot of microwave/sandwich type stuff lately.

Deleted member 29249

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I used to go to the store every day now it's 1 or 2 times a week. Should go less but with 2 kids that eat a lot of fruits and veggies not really and option. We did get a 2nd fridge to help a bit but fresh stuff still goes bad fast.

pokeystaples

Oct 27, 2017
Being under shelter in place has changed my eating habits for sure. I've never been a snacker and that hasn't changed but I'm eating way less than I was before probably because I'm not lifting. I used to have a breakfast, lunch and supper. Now I'm having coffee, a protein bar and then a proper supper. Kinda sucks to lose muscle but I'm just not that hungry since I'm not moving around as much.

We used to get takeaway once every two weeks, but we've started grabbing once a week to support smaller places in our area.

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
My life as a whole hasn't changed much. So not really. Still only went to the store once/twice a month because of the longish drive just to go shopping, and never went out to eat because I'm never out much anyways(When I do go out it's usually Walmart deli food). My weight is still the same, which is on the verge of underweight.

Doggg

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Nov 17, 2017
I've found myself far less stressed out, not having to commute and sit in an office for hours on end, and this has actually led to substantially better eating habits.

kiaaa

Oct 27, 2017
Almost nothing has changed for me besides getting a nice dinner out with my SO a couple times a month. Plan on getting back to that when it's feasible.

Oct 25, 2017
I do expect to eat at restaurants the same amount, hopefully most of my favorites survive
Have def cooked more
Prob slightly more healthy eating, when I get bored at home I can just go do something non work related, but bored at work means I snack
Prob gaining just a tiny bit since even though I'm eating more healthy I can't get out there to exercise as much

Mar 3, 2019
I've craved going to a sit down resturaunt. Ordering delivery from a fancy place isn't worth it unless you get the ambience as well.

I cook more, still get the occasional delivery, I just do pickup more

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
I no longer go to restaurant or order food, and it has been OK. I can see myself keeping this regime except for social events.

TheeFanatic

Oct 26, 2017
Been eating a lot more home cook meals and also been eating cup of noodles almost everyday for lunch. But once i go back to work, most likely everything will be different. Won't be at home as much as i am now.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I've dropped weight pretty well during quarantine

I threw on my old work pants that still had the belt on and I was able to slip em on with the belt still attached and locked so something is going right

Deleted member 61909

Banned
Dec 5, 2019
not at all. I ate WAAAY too much at restaurants pre-quarantine. My bank account and my stomach is happy.

Been eating way more greens now

not really. already knew how to cook before quarantine

nope. been ordering groceries through Shipt

snacking has actually been cut down

been losing weight

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
It's about the same. I usually avoid eating out to begin with except a couple of times a week.

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I already worked from home and don't go out much, so my eating habits have stayed pretty much exactly the same. The only major differences are that I now keep more stocked up on the stuff that lasts longer and stick to shopping at the shittier grocery store cuz it's within walking distance (I use public transit).

As far as eating out goes, I only went maybe once every couple of months before anyway, but that is now entirely out until there's a vaccine. I miss it, though. Even if it wasn't frequent, still felt good to get out every once in a while. That vaccine cannot come soon enough. :(

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
We were already cooking at home 90 percent of the time. So was ahead of the game.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I rarely eat out as I find other things I'd rather spend my budget on. Have taken advantage of it to kickstart myself on keto and I've had a decent level of success so far

ruggiex

Oct 27, 2017
The main thing I love about WFH is that I make food when I want to eat instead of having to cook ahead of time and pack lunch. It taste better and there are more options.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
One thing that's been kinda interesting in this house is seeing my parents enjoy making their own bread at home, to an extent where they said even when things go back to "normal," they'll continue to make the majority of the bread we eat in house.

On a more personal level, I've been continuing to focus on making sure I eat right, in an attempt to lose weight. I've lost 30 pounds since December and even though I've hit a wall more recently, I continue to make changes (portion control, finding lower calorie alternatives to things I enjoy, etc).

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
I'm curious if people feel that they have changed their eating habits permanently as a result of COVID or if they are eager to revert to normalcy... One would think that three months would be long enough to turn new habits into routine, but maybe people don't like their new lifestyles and want to go back to how things were before?

A few questions:

I think we will gradually start to eat at restaurants, but likely won't fully jump in, till there is a vaccine.

Our diet is the same roughly

I don't cook

We are going to the grocery store the same amount roughly. We are able to pick up school lunches

Yes I am snacking more.

My weight has stabilized. All My dog walks is being offset by the beer I'm drinking.

Wetwork

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
I've been eating OMAD cause of quarantine and realized I was eating like a piece of shit multiple times a day.

I lost 17lbs in the month of May.

I still go out, too much, but I have been cooking at home.

I have no idea if I'll be able to stay OMAD when I'm back to work as I'll be working 8-12 hours shifts, up to 7 days a week

Ed.

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I have a newfound hate for cooking. I will be eating out like crazy come 2022.

EccoCid

Mar 7, 2018
London
I became a vegetarian! Well tried it before but now i have been one for almost 4 months now. Since i cant eat at outside my late night mc donalds runs are over too. Eating much healthier and kinda stopped drinking too but my weight is same cuz i dont move much at all lol.

Nov 27, 2017
California
I get take out so that's not changing
I rarely eat in restaurants so I'll just stop all together
I've been eating more pre made meals so the salt intake needs to be lower

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
i started the keto diet because is so much easier to follow it in quarentine

that would be it.

but i guess that thanks to that im now aware of how many carbs there is in so many foods i like, so i will keep checking on those

Soma

Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco
I'm eating more or less the same (cooking more tho) but I've taken up jogging for the past few weeks which has helped keep my weight in balance.

I think I was around 180 lbs in March and as of today I'm 174.2 lbs (5'7'' btw). My diet was terrible in the beginning of quarantine to the point where I started to get severely dehydrated and the lack of activity wasn't helping. Since then I've started being more mindful of what I eat/drink by tracking it via Lose It App.

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
Yeah, it's actually been better. Less fast food, more cooking at home. Part of that is because I AM home more, not out and about as much, but i do think there's a shift there that'll stick.