• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Now my workplace has gone 100% work from home. Just grabbed a few things from the office to facilitate WFH.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
Starting work from home from today for the next 2 weeks (Indonesia). Luckily our management is wary too and has been setting up remote work, also being a smaller indie company it's probably easier to set :d

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Working retail, hours have been lessened, and my working hours have been cut, and only because I'm working closing shifts. If one is working a day shift they didn't get affected at all. This isn't great for me as I need money.

GasProblem

Prophet of Truth
Nov 18, 2017
Schools are closed, bars and cafes closed, but I have to go to work by train in an hour. We can't work from home. Not enough laptops, and even if they did, not enough certifications.

Atleast the trains will be quiet...

Serenity

Mar 3, 2018
My office is going WFH starting on the 23rd. We do secretarial/word processing/clerical work. We've never done this before and management is freaking out. Their own fault, as we are yet another example of a place where WFH should have been common already. We test this week with a few people from each shift at home. I kind of hope that they speed things up and I don't have to go back after tonight. It's going to be at least a few months.

Originally thought I'd save some gas money, as I have a long commute. But then I remembered that the perk of going to an office is that they blast the AC. My place gets scorching hot in the summer, and I don't want to be uncomfortable while working, so my electric bill will likely offset. All of this is assuming that things still stay somewhat normal in regards to electric companies etc.

Of course, bitching about the AC is the last anyone wants to hear now. I realize my situation is far better than many. I wish everyone the best.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I'm now working from home for two weeks. Office is officially open but we have been strongly encouraged to work at home. I think the office is only open if you need to come back to grab any supplies

SchuckyDucky

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
Just got into work for another day. Still saying that working from home requires you make a special short term request of management. It sucks because you don't want to be the one person to ask. We have laptops and access to our network via VPN from home. Literally no reason why I have to be physically in the office.

zodiaq

Oct 28, 2017
I will finally start working from home tomorrow. I could have started today, however I didn't upload my changes on friday so I had to come in today.

Solid SOAP

One Winged Slayer
Nov 27, 2017
I teach at a juvenile detention center; the kids have extremely limited access to materials. So, no internet for them and thus no online learning. My boss said that I'm to send worksheets to facilitate my class and that will fulfill my duties until I'm requested to send over more materials.

Shit is nuts, I'm basically on paid leave atm.

HazySaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
West Yorkshire, UK
Nope, all running as normal right now. Hoping they will let people work from home soon as I live with my grandparents and I have asthma. Don't know how likely they are to say yes but I gotta at least ask.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
3-week mandatory work from home. The entire office is basically in lockdown mode.

With the gym and pubs closed it's going to be pretty weird, I think.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
We will definitely need an economic stimulus package. I liked this idea, from a financial writer. I posted this in another thread.

Heliex

Nov 2, 2017
my workplace currently has a 4 phase plan for Covid-19. were currently on phase 2, the last phase being total shutdown. Fortunately canada has fast tracked unemployment pay, which people in canada are able to get while still retaining their jobs currently.

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing major at my work. Several people have been told to work from home but the majority of the company will still be at the office. I'm in the IT dept so I'll be there regardless of what happens.

Fritz

Oct 26, 2017
My company - with offices in the US and the EU + UK - has sent everyone to work from home for the next 2 weeks at least.

Thought it would be harder to focus frankly - then again I am posting on Resterea atm.

NekoFever

Oct 25, 2017
My department is trialling WFH today and tomorrow to make sure there are no unforeseen roadblocks, but there's a directors' meeting this afternoon after which I suspect it'll be mandatory WFH where possible.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Well, I'm at work and so far, no work-from-home directive.

(I'm an attorney with the Department of Health and I work in an office environment)

Last edited:

Rellodex

Oct 29, 2017
No work from home directive yet, but I work at a factory.

We've locked down the facility to travelers, vendors, and contractors as well as suspended most of the engineering/non-manufacturing type work.

Jin

Oct 25, 2017
full on home office for at least 2 weeks, not encouraged but actually enforced unless you have super business critical stuff to do, if so there are guidelines in place for people that have to go to the office.

Will probably be extended for a while longer after the 2 weeks are over.

liquidmetal14

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
The essential core services don't require us to hug or even touch each other.

Postal service, groceries, toilet paper, gas. You know, the things people are hoarding, are going to be fine so annoys me that people are leaning in hard and keeping people like me who just need stuff for their everyday needs. Not to past for a month.

Dunlop

Oct 25, 2017
My work has taken on a weird stance where only 30% work from home rotating each week, this decision is not based on a ryme or reason on whether you need to physically be in the office or not.
Makes it more bizarre when our government has requested we work from home if possible

ForgeForsaken

Oct 27, 2017
20 minutes into the future.
My company still has not recomended shifting to WFH if possible (not all jobs can be done remote for us but lik2 80% of the office jobs can be). I'm currently WFH of my own accord as MA has been recomending more and more lockdown measures and it seems foolish to me to go in when I don't actually have to be there to do my job.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I have argued for us to work from home here in Gothenburg Sweden, but the bosses are unwilling to make that call. So I have to continue to take three buses to work still, despite that we would lose no revenue whatsoever by working from home right now.

LordZap

Oct 27, 2017
My university Sheffield Hallam is transferring to online lectures and labs as of next week. They're having to change how are assessments are going to be carried out next month.

Rei Toei

Nov 8, 2017
Yeah, I work for a university. Classes were already online since last week, all non-edu employees also start working from home this week. Transition's been pretty smooth so far I must say.

badboy78660

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah my boss (and the end-client/customer) are all telling us to stay off-campus, unless we need to work on any sort of hardware maintenance. I'll likely work from home the rest of the month, and then reassess from that point.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Most of my company is working from home at this point.

I hope the corporate VPN can handle it lol.

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
As of yesterday there is no more K-12 school for the rest of the school year. Staff still have to work but honestly without students it is going to be weird.

Ribbon

Oct 27, 2017
All public schools in my state were just ordered to close by our governor yesterday, so my spring break was extended. No updates yet if they're planning to have us finish the school year online via Google Classroom. It's doable, but at the same time I have students who relied entirely on school resources for a computer, internet, and a meal.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
finish the school year online via Google Classroom. It's doable, but at the same time I have students who relied entirely on school resources for a computer, internet, and a meal.

From the sound of it, if we extend that's what we're doing to. Same situation though, we have quite a few kids who rely on the school's technology. Going all online (which I'm fully expecting to happen) is also going to be hell for kids on IEPs because they're probably not going to get the help they need.

Ribbon

Oct 27, 2017
From the sound of it, if we extend that's what we're doing to. Same situation though, we have quite a few kids who rely on the school's technology. Going all online (which I'm fully expecting to happen) is also going to be hell for kids on IEPs because they're probably not going to get the help they need.

Yeah, for what seems like a simple solution that districts and states are preparing, there are a lot of nuances to it. I just hope that in the end we can pull it off and provide the best education that we possibly can.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
We're in work-from-home mode starting today for at least the next two weeks, but I expect this will last much longer. I'm in Los Angeles, California.

Deleted member 9479

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They finally made a call at my work. We will be rotating staff to reduce the number of exposures. My branch is off this week and returns next week.

Cdammen

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Yeah, I code so my job can easily be done remotely. Decided last week on Thursday to stay put. I have a short commute but all the trains I use are two stops away from an international airport. So there's a healthy (heh) mix of passengers from various places. I'm not going to use the bus, it'll take 3x the time and they're usually packed during rush hour.

I don't like being holed up like this. I try to keep myself entertained but it's hard, also I need to stop reading up on the news every hour.

Kaji AF16

Nov 6, 2017
Argentina
Yes. I am a professor at Argentina´s largest public university. Almost all in-person activities are to be postponed until mid-April. We are currently revamping our virtual campuses.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty much gonna work from home starting tomorrow. Going to be a weird adjustment.

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
My work requires a wired connection and the only wire we have are in my brother in law's hot, miserable surplus office.

So guess who's taking insurance phone calls in a miserable office while his kid is playing FortNite five feet away...

BIGLukas

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Classes at my university and every university I know people at will be online for at least the next two weeks. Professors have no idea what they're doing. It's going to be a mess.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Yup, Peru's in lockdown and only certain industries will keep operating (banking in my case), so I went to the office this morning to establish workflow and deliverables during this period and now I'll be working from home for the next 2 weeks. There's military forces outside checking if people actually have to go to work or are outside to buy first necessity goods.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Well, I'm at work and so far, no work-from-home directive.

(I'm an attorney with the Department of Health and I work in an office environment)

How things change, lol. I'm working from home now. I believe either our mayor or governor wanted a 50% reduction in physical presence. My work from home request was approved on Thursday.

I like it so far. I take my job seriously so I'm pretty disciplined; I've done as much work as I have while in the office. I just hate how I have to use my own phone to make calls. Plus, in my office, I have two monitors but we aren't allowed to take them home. We can only use the laptops they gave us.