• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MajulaDream

Oct 25, 2017
In light of recent events, and the continued abandonment of embracing their legacy, fans and players of Bloodborne would be better off if Sony sold the IP to From Software; the developer who actually will embrace and know what to do with it moving forward.

I think we now understand why Bloodborne has not received a PATCH in the last 5 years and why a Bloodborne 2 has not happened. Clearly giving the IP to FROM is the only way you'll get Bloodborne 2, or Bloodborne on PC.

How many years until Sony begins to resemble Konami's approach to their beloved Japan IP? Only pulling them off a dormant shelf for the latest pachinko machine and shoddy port job... Sorry, I'd like to be cheery typically but if you are a fan of Souls/Bloodborne or another Sony Japan Studio IP, its apparent now that Sony is moving on from such games. As a huge fan I hope to see the IP in the hands of those who will best utilize it.

RIP Japan Studio.. and RIP one of the great partnerships of all time (FROM + Japan Studio)
May you find your worth in the waking world... <3

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I bought an Xbox today so I agree with this.

If I bought a PS5 then I would not.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
You're thinking from a gamer's perspective. Bloodborne is clearly a valuable IP for Sony. I reckon From is just too busy with other projects right now to do something about it.

Their relation with Sony is good after all, there's nothing to stop them from continuing that.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well at least you aren't asking for Microsoft to buy it

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
lol they're making a game with GRRM and everyone on every forum and every channel is on their knees bowing to them...

They're just busy. Let them make games.

Dec 21, 2020
I understand the dislike of the news, but this is not the way to showcase that dislike. Sony will contract From to make a sequel and have their own creative flair from the western studios.

And that is the reality of it.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dear oh dear, what was it? The Hunt? The Blood? Or the horrible Dream? Oh, it doesn't matter... It always comes down to the hunters' helper to clean up after these sort of messes.

Sonicfan1373

Nov 24, 2017
I think this is a massive overreaction. They can always work with From on the IP and/or involve Bluepoint. Selling to From is far from (no pun intended) the only solution.

Jencks

Oct 25, 2017
The mental breakdowns over a studio are hilarious.
6651.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
You're thinking from a gamer's perspective. Bloodborne is clearly a valuable IP for Sony. I reckon From is just too busy with other projects right now to do something about it.

Their relation with Sony is good after all, there's nothing to stop them from continuing that.

How is it "clearly" a valuable IP to Sony? Are they working on anything involving it?

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
To be fair, Bloodborne has continued to receive support. In fact there is server maintenance schedule beginning of March.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
But then how do they make their millions when they get bluepoint to remake it for the PS6?

Oct 31, 2017
I'm not asking for much I just need FromSoftware to make:

1. Bloodborne 2
2. Sekiro 2
3. Lost Kingdoms III
4. A new JRPG

immediately

but especially Bloodborne 2

Without spiders

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
If Sony and From wants a Bloodborne 2 it will happen, the fact is they don't.

JJD

Oct 25, 2017
I'm game if only because the moment that BB went multi platform 90% of the game's critics would suddenly start to praise it.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I think Sony and From will be fine with the IP, regardless of Japan Studio's fate if they want to make a Bloodborne II. When/if they decide to make a sequel, any of Sony's external studios should be fine to handle support, while From makes most of the game. For a sequel, other than Sony publishing (since they own the IP), it doesn't mean that Sony needs to be assisting development so tightly, other than funding, publishing and marketing. Sony has other studios that can offer assistance for their IP/Bloodborne II if Fromsoftware required it.

Status
Not open for further replies.