• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There were some significant changes made to Majora's Mask when they remade it for 3DS, but some insignificant ones really bugged me too - such as moving the bank from west clock town to south clock town..or the moving the dude who gives you the stone mask, etc. These are small changes but they bugged me because it was just like - "why do this tho?"

Fire Bocchi

Oct 25, 2017
The normal swimming is definitely slower in the 3DS version? You're the first person I've seen who's said otherwise
because no one bothered to figured out if was actually slower, some one said it was and no one bothered to actually find out for real

i thought it was slower too until a friend actually tested it and found no differences

Minky

Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Despised Fable Anniversary for various reasons, though changing the pause menu really got under my skin. They made it all modern and animated and gross and sluggish, the old one was basic and shitty but at least it didn't take 5 seconds to load.

Pookmunki

Oct 27, 2017
The recent Aladdin/ Lion King collection.

It wasn't very clear that it didn't contain the SNES version of Aladdin so i felt very burned when i bought it sight unseesn.

Blue Ninja

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Kinda hard to explain, but the Xbox 360-version of F.E.A.R. ditched the walking mode you could trigger on PC. Instead, if you hold the stick down just enough to walk, the running animation plays, but you're moving at a slower speed. For some reason, this made your player character pretty much hop in place. :lol

I've always been annoyed by that. I was hoping they'd make the game BC, but I'm not sure I can ever replay that version.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Super Mario All-Stars (as mentioned earlier in the thread); --I really don't like the feel of the 8-bit games translated into SNES titles at all; the music, the sound effects, the sprites... all feel really wrong;

strangely, I can tolerate to play Super Mario Advance 4, which got much more content than the original SMB3 and the All-Stars version

Chibs

Nov 5, 2017
Belgium
Hate, no. But I was really not fond of the new voice actors for Chie and Teddie in Persona 4 Golden.
I eventually got used to it and now it doesn't bother me anymore.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Not really but last year sometime - SSX 3 got BC'd on Xbox One so having played SSX 1, 2 and 3 on PS2 and they, being some of my very favourite games, I thought I would give it a go. Had no idea the control scheme was different. Immediately lost the will to play it. Haven't loaded it up again. 1-time load only. Hate is too strong but perplexed what the fuck was more like it.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Switch version of The World Ends With You. The DS version remains the definitive. I had a blast with the iPhone version a few years ago. The Switch tablet's form factor makes it kinda uncomfortable to play touchscreen-only games, for me at least. Playing on the big screen is a hot mess. Didn't even make it far enough to try the new postgame day..

I hope for a console sequel to TWEW, with a different group of characters. I don't know how you can capture the chaos of the dual screen original tho on a single screen... maybe using something involving both joycon, similar to astral chain? Idk. I just want more TWEWY music and pin collecting lol.

Dec 25, 2018
Budokai HD collection not including 2 or infinite world. Also, not even trying when it came to the soundtrack. There's scenes when Goku is being crushed by Great Ape Vegeta and they play joyful music.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
it is not, it just looks slower, but it takes around the same amount of time to go the same distance in the 3ds version and n64 version

I don't have a copy of either version to test with but I remember it being faster. I think the effective speed is much closer than some people realize but it is a difference.

Annubis

Oct 25, 2017
193917_front.jpg

I hate the ZoE 1+2 remaster because the added difficulty is never fun and always more of a pain in the ass.

Best example is the level after defeating Viola AI (the shaft you need to go up with lava at the bottom)

It's a boring level that in the original, you can pretty much finish in 1 minute.
2 Raptors will spawn every ~30 seconds or so after you've killed them to stop your progress and you need destroy a few packs to remove the barriers.

The remaster changed it to respawns every 5 seconds FROM THE FIRST RAPTOR YOU KILL (so 1-2 second to kill second Raptor means really 3 second respawns). You have constant Raptors just coming to delay you.
They're not hard to kill, but they ride your ass the entire level and since you can't progress while there's enemies on you... the mission takes forever now.

It's all little things like that where they wanted to make the game 'harder', but really, it just pisses you off instead.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
People already talking about the swimming being worse in Zelda mm but I wanna add the water hopping is wrong. There's just alot to that remake that is objectively lesser, hell visually I think it looking better partly kills the vibe

gattotimo

Oct 28, 2017
I stopped playing The Twin Snakes once I got to Psycho Mantys and realized his epic reveal cutscene ('I'm PSYCHO MANTYS') was really bad compared to the original

CliveLH

Jun 22, 2019
Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 on PS3 and PS4.
While it's a great port, it lacks the French voices, which are especially important in a game with Disney characters you grow up with, knowing only their French voices.

ryodi

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Not really hated, but I didn't liked how Revolution Software has changed Broken Sword 1 intro in Director's Cut by ditching "Paris in the Fall" introduction for a new sequence, which weren't that memorable and cutting some of the dialogues present in the original.

This is one of mine as well.The new intro ruined the mystery of the game.

Putting boost starts on the touch screen in Diddy Kong Racing DS made the game unplayable.

Deleted member 7883

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The touch controls for the vita port of MGS3 literally made the game unplayable to me. I couldn't take two steps without swiping my combat knife. It made me loathe any use of the back touchscreen for every other Vita game, with a small exception to Tearaway. Really tho, screw the back touchscreen.

bell_hooks

Banned
Nov 23, 2019
I got the impression from seeing Youtube videos that Shenmue 1/2 remaster on PS4 had ugly high res button representation during QTEs, and it made me not buy this remaster because I thought UI was ugly and not fitting to the aesthetic (unlike Shenmue 3 which seems to use similar UI art to previous games).
Am I wrong on this?

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think Shadow of the Colossus PS4 is the definitive edition of the game and while I have no problems with Wander's face, the absolute frothing at the mouth that some people on Era had was a sight to behold.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The first village siege in RE4 is significantly reduced to where it's over before it really begins, while in the OG Gamecube you had to utilize the whole village to keep ahead of the crowd and can easily trigger multiple chainsaw ganados. I'm not sure why it was cut down so heavily, but I'll always prefer the GCN version over the rest because of it.

MP!

Oct 30, 2017
Las Vegas
I actually don't hate FFVII switch port but the shadows when in battle are solid in stead of gradiented... and that always bothered me

Deleted member 29237

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
The first village siege in RE4 is significantly reduced to where it's over before it really begins, while in the OG Gamecube you had to utilize the whole village to keep ahead of the crowd and can easily trigger multiple chainsaw ganados. I'm not sure why it was cut down so heavily, but I'll always prefer the GCN version over the rest because of it.

Which version are you referring to here? It heavily depends on where you go during the starting segment - if you barricade yourself in the house then it'll automatically spawn a chainsaw guy which really ramps things up. I've played the original GC, Wii, PS3 and Steam releases and can't remember any differences between them in this respect.

P-Tux7

Mar 11, 2019
I don't "hate" it (100%ed it, in fact), but there's a few issues I have with Kirby Super Star Ultra:

1. The CGI cutscenes. Eugh, why? Kirby has this dead-eyed stare in the cutscenes, and compare that to the pixel art in the tutorial where he grimaces at the narrator.
2. Revenge of the King is the only new levels. As much praise as the bosses/combat get, the levels in the game are great. Whether they're like an adventure with distinct sections and a boss at the end like most levels, or even just a series of interconnected rooms like in Great Cave Offensive, they're all fun to play through. It's sad that they didn't expand upon that type of thing.
3. The True Arena kind of sucks. The limited healing makes it almost impossible for me to get to the later sections without using a "cheese" ability (Hammer/Stone), which goes against how Helper to Hero encourages you to use the different powers.

Though it's a worthy purchase; except for the 1-cartridge multiplayer aspect, all of the original game is there and as high-quality as ever.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I honestly can't even think of one. All of it are generally graphical differences that I wouldn't even notice unless placed side to side. Little stuff like that doesn't bother me personally if the essence of the game is the same, but voice changes and stuff like that I think is much bigger and more detrimental.

Ninjician-

Oct 29, 2017
Super Meat Boy

The music change in the newer versions ruins it for me.

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hate SMB1 in Super Mario All-Stars because of the altered brick breaking physics (I heard there are rom hacks that fix it now, though).

I used to hate the Genesis and Master System versions of Ms. Pac-Man because of the art style change but now I love those ports as their own thing instead of being direct arcade conversions.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Removing water damage from Dead Island. Kicking zombies in pools and watching them drown was fun and useful, they ruined the game for me.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Which version are you referring to here? It heavily depends on where you go during the starting segment - if you barricade yourself in the house then it'll automatically spawn a chainsaw guy which really ramps things up. I've played the original GC, Wii, PS3 and Steam releases and can't remember any differences between them in this respect.
PS4 release. Idk, it just seemed to end within a couple of minutes as opposed to being able to have the run of the village even after spawning Salavador. I do know the OG had a kill-based timer, but the PS4 version seemed to be more time based and very brief.