• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 31, 2017
Because that was me tonight

I don't know what the fuck my problem is but I just cannot fix my hair. I've ALWAYS had problems with it which sucks because it shapes your face. Before I left my house I thought my hair looked good. Then someone took a photo with me in it and I wanted to throw up

I'm going to a party tomorrow and I told my friend to please come over first before we leave for the party because I don't trust myself

Anyone else experience this?
No?
Just me?
Stfu theofficefan99?

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Same here man. I thought I looked good in the mirror, then I saw my reflection before turning on my vita.

Jan 11, 2019
Lemme lay down some truths for you boi:

The reason you think you look bad is because you think you look bad.

I've seen people who do not really fit current beauty standards wear stuff and have hairstyles that supermodels couldn't pull off because they feel comfortable.

If you're uncomfortable and you don't think of yourself as beautiful, then it's hard to actually be beautiful. Just rock your hair man/lady/other. Today you live and tomorrow you might not. You can go to the hairdresser tomorrow but there's not point in worrying about your hair today. I have very long hair and someday I think like WTF Ima caveman and others I see a splendid knight with splendid locks in the mirror. Everyone has this, don't worry. Party hard.

Jonathan Lanza

"I've made a Gigantic mistake"
Feb 8, 2019
Shaved
White T-Shirt
Jeans

You can't look bad if you don't look like literally anything discernible

Jokab

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Unless you get your picture taken all the time, the only time you see yourself is in a mirror which is indeed a mirrored image. When you see yourself in a photo everything is reversed from your usual reference and you think you look super weird. Which you don't obviously because it's how everyone but you sees you, so it's their normal. It's a real thing.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Because that was me tonight

I don't know what the fuck my problem is but I just cannot fix my hair. I've ALWAYS had problems with it which sucks because it shapes your face. Before I left my house I thought my hair looked good. Then someone took a photo with me in it and I wanted to throw up

I'm going to a party tomorrow and I told my friend to please come over first before we leave for the party because I don't trust myself

Anyone else experience this?
No?
Just me?
Stfu theofficefan99?

We're gonna need to see these photos.

Jakke_Koala

Sep 28, 2018
Never, i don't really care how i look.
Pretty sure i look like hot shit all the time.

I also don't stand in front of the mirror thinking i look good or bad or whatever.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
Soldier 76 dare devil costume mustache and all. Club promoters took photos of me on the dance floor....

It.... well.... it was special.

Spaceroast

Oct 30, 2017
Yes, but I've figured out the solution:

If you're trying to look like hot shit, you inevitably end up looking like a clown.

So then I thought: what if I try to look like a hot clown? No wait then I'd just look like shit.

Then I had my epiphany: Try to look like clown shit! Then you end up looking like hot!

Try it!

timshundo

CANCEL YOUR AMAZON PRIME
Oct 27, 2017
CA
body dysmorphia causes the opposite. I leave the house looking hot but in my head I'm a hideous fat-gurgling slugmonster with melting skin flowing out of every clothing crevasse... until i catch sight of myself in a mirror and i'm like "oh right i'm pretty ok" and that gives boosts my confidence for the 5 minutes before i'm a slugmonster again.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Me in every photo I'm in if I'm not working the MySpace angles. Those selfies just bring out the asymmetry of your face since you're used to a mirror 😭

Hair is an easy fix as long as you're not balding.

DonaldKimball

Oct 28, 2017
use hair products.

Also, other people don't really notice your flaws as much as you do. At least thats what I tell myself lol.

Kaim Argonar

Dec 8, 2017
The key is to look like shit every day so there's contrast when you work a little bit on your looks for a special event.

Oct 27, 2017
Shaved
White T-Shirt
Jeans

You can't look bad if you don't look like literally anything discernible

Lol this is my look and I've had "you look like a penis!" Shouted at me more than once. I just give a thumbs up and keep moving.

For me it comes down to literally not giving a shit what the judgemental ones think. My hair and clothes dont have to look a certain way for me to be comfy going out. Seems like a ton of power to just give to people (particularly the assholes), for no benefit.

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia

23254.jpg

Deleted member 9932

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You don't look as good as you think you do when you see yourself in the mirror nor you don't look as bad as you think you do when you see yourself in a photo.

Dinjooh

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I go with the mudwax route instead op, so I throw my hair around quite often, which results in some images being good of me, some not so much. I'd much rather that than hairspray, which just feels like a cage for your head imo.